Best “entry-level” AVR with 2 zones and AirPlay 2? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-29-2020, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best “entry-level” AVR with 2 zones and AirPlay 2?

Hello,

I am looking to get recommendations for what is the best “entry-level” AVR that has a 2-channel amplified zone 2 (not pre-amp out) and supports AirPlay 2 (including AirPlay 2 to zone 2). Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
paragon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 05-30-2020, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
philpoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 109
How many speakers do you need in the main zone? 5.1, or is 3.1 OK?
If 3.1, the Yamaha RX-V485, while a 5.1 AVR, can do 3.1 in Zone 1, and 2.0 in Zone 2, and use Airplay there
If 5.1, look at the following if shopping new retail (as opposed to open-box, refurbished or 2018 models still available. You can google for those)
Yamaha RX-V585
Yamaha TSR-7850 (available at Costco, usually at a very good price compared to an RX-A or RX-V sibling)
Denon AVR-S750H
Pioneer VSX-LX104
Onkyo TX-NR595

As far as comparing between them, there are several reviews of AVRs. This one may provide relevant info
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...best-receiver/

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Hello,

I am looking to get recommendations for what is the best “entry-level” AVR that has a 2-channel amplified zone 2 (not pre-amp out) and supports AirPlay 2 (including AirPlay 2 to zone 2). Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by philpoe; 06-02-2020 at 06:47 AM.
philpoe is online now  
post #3 of 4 Old 06-02-2020, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
paragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you for the suggestions! For the one from Costco, do you mean TSR-7850?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philpoe View Post
How many speakers do you need in the main zone? 5.1, or is 3.1 OK?
If 3.1, the Yamaha RX-V485, while a 5.1 AVR, can do 3.1 in Zone 1, and 2.0 in Zone 2, and use Airplay there
If 5.1, look at the following if shopping new retail (as opposed to open-box, refurbished or 2018 models still available. You can google for those)
Yamaha RX-V585
Yamaha TSR-8750 (available at Costco, usually at a very good price compared to an RX-A or RX-V sibling)
Denon AVR-S750H
Pioneer VSX-LX104
Onkyo TX-NR595

As far as comparing between them, there are several reviews of AVRs. This one may provide relevant info
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...best-receiver/

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Hello,

I am looking to get recommendations for what is the best “entry-level” AVR that has a 2-channel amplified zone 2 (not pre-amp out) and supports AirPlay 2 (including AirPlay 2 to zone 2). Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!
paragon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 Old 06-02-2020, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
philpoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 631
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Yes, that's the one! Typo on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Thank you for the suggestions! For the one from Costco, do you mean TSR-7850?
philpoe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off