Yamaha Only receive PCM in MKV files after formating and fresh install windows 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By markmon1

post #1 of 10 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yamaha Only receive PCM in MKV files after formating and fresh install windows 10

I have a yamaha YHT 2910 receiver (HTR 3067) connected to the PC in a GTX 1070 Ti ... Everything was normal receiving Dolby and DTS on the front display until I format and update windows 10, now I only receive PCM in MKV files and every time i disconnect it through the nvidia control panel i have to restart the receiver because it does not recognize the pc and there is no sound. Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry I put this post in the wrong place, only after I saw the correct topic for this issue
post #3 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 582
You shouldn't have to connect manually through the Nvidia control panel, just set the card as the default output device in Windows. Have you made sure you have the sound in Win 10 to output a surround signal?

JBL 590 fronts, 520 center, 530 surrounds, NHT Superzero Atmos heights, dual Devastators. 2019 75" Vizio P-series Quantum. Bryston 9BST x2 for the surrounds and heights, Bryston 6BST for LCR. Integra 80.3 but waiting eagerly on a Monoprice HTP-1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mertz View Post
You shouldn't have to connect manually through the Nvidia control panel, just set the card as the default output device in Windows. Have you made sure you have the sound in Win 10 to output a surround signal?
Hello, how are you? Thanks for your attention, friend and I'm sorry for my English. I only disconnect from nvidia's control panel when I won't be using it for a while. But I always did that and when I connect back it always worked normal, but now that I format the PC these two problems happened: when I use the media player classic I only receive PCM and when I disconnect through the Nvidia control panel and reconnect it does not recognize the receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem título.png
Views:	6
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2752150  

Last edited by Trayx; Yesterday at 07:28 PM.
post #5 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

No worries, your English is just fine! A few thoughts:
1. Are you sure you are using the most updated Nvidia drivers?

2. On the section labeled 1 on your screenshot what happens if you uncheck the options for Samsung and Ancor but leave the Yamaha checked?
3. I'm also not clear what you mean when you say you "disconnect" through the Nvidia control panel?

JBL 590 fronts, 520 center, 530 surrounds, NHT Superzero Atmos heights, dual Devastators. 2019 75" Vizio P-series Quantum. Bryston 9BST x2 for the surrounds and heights, Bryston 6BST for LCR. Integra 80.3 but waiting eagerly on a Monoprice HTP-1.
post #6 of 10 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mertz View Post
No worries, your English is just fine! A few thoughts:
1. Are you sure you are using the most updated Nvidia drivers?

2. On the section labeled 1 on your screenshot what happens if you uncheck the options for Samsung and Ancor but leave the Yamaha checked?
3. I'm also not clear what you mean when you say you "disconnect" through the Nvidia control panel?

What I mean when I disconnect the receiver is that when I'm not using it, in this case, when I'm not watching movies or series, I leave it disconnected there and just leave Ancor, which is my main PC monitor. Now every time I disconnect the receiver on the panel and connect again I have to restart the PC and the receiver to work the sound, only now I only receive PCM in all mkv files that before I received dolby, dts...
post #7 of 10 Old Today, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

So you are running movies, etc through a different monitor, maybe a TV? Otherwise I'm not clear on why you would want to leave it out if the loop.

post #8 of 10 Old Today, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6767 Post(s)
Liked: 4872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayx View Post
Hello, how are you? Thanks for your attention, friend and I'm sorry for my English. I only disconnect from nvidia's control panel when I won't be using it for a while. But I always did that and when I connect back it always worked normal, but now that I format the PC these two problems happened: when I use the media player classic I only receive PCM and when I disconnect through the Nvidia control panel and reconnect it does not recognize the receiver.
You should set your MPC to bitstream the audio. This may be set in LAV filters in the audio decoder section. See image below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lav-audio.png
Views:	34
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	2752300  
Gary Mertz likes this.

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #9 of 10 Old Today, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
You should set your MPC to bitstream the audio. This may be set in LAV filters in the audio decoder section. See image below.
Hello. Thank you very much for your help, you are a hero... Leaving the same way you indicated in the image, now showing dolby and dts on the front panel. Testing here I found out it was because of this option: "Fallback to PCM if Bitstreaming is not supported" I never had to deselect this option before, do you have any idea why this problem happened now? Thank you one more time.
post #10 of 10 Old Today, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

@markmon1 , great call on that. I didn't even notice it. Never had to mess around with the setting on my system but of course makes sense. Learn something new every day! @Trayx , no idea why it happened. Something with the Win reinstall obviously but interesting problem. Super that it got fixed, that's the key!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
htr 3067 , pcm , Yamaha , yht 2910

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page