Lexicon/B&W Combo - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering building a receiver based system as a secondary HT system. I am settled upon B&W 805S speakers for the fronts, FPM 6 for the center and B&W in-ceiling speakers for the surrounds. My question goes to the receiver. I am leaning towards the Lexicon RV-8, but am somewhat concerned that the combination may be too bright.

Has anyone had any experience with pairing Lexicon with B&W Nautilus speakers? If so, what are your thoughts?

Are receivers available that would be a better match for the 805s?

Finally, what cable would you recommend? I am leaning towards Synergistic, but would welcome your thoughts.

By the way, it is not possible for me to demo the proposed combination prior to purchase. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I know you arent asking this, but why arent you matching your 805S's with an HTM4? your soundstage won't be matched right...

ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for you.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Had the rv8 runnin' N803's (until the new "s" & "D" series CAME IN AND EVERYTHING GOT ALL SWITCHED AROUND....but the system in that room sounded great (very minimal treatment)!...the MHT200 sounded very sweet with 805's in another room last year (untreated)...both set-ups were not harsh or bright but the level of detail seemed a bit higher , for HT, in the room with the Lex.

I think it would be generally more useful if everyone new to these forums is reminded that they are constantly being marketed to and pitched by people who post their affiliations and many others who do not. This is all part of marketing and advertising and you, the consumer, are the targets.
Noth...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Your point is well taken with regard to the HTM-4. The speakers are being matched with a plasma that is mounted over a fireplace. Though preferable, the HTM-4 will not work for such an application. I likely will end up buying the NT-8 in-wall, but want to try the less expensive and less invasive FPM-6 first. Any additional thoughts on this point also would be appreciated.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-16-2005, 10:14 PM

At my previous house I had N805's and an HTM-2 powered by a B&K ref 7520 with a Lexicon DC-1 for years and loved every day of it.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page