Pink screen only with HDMI switching receiver! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-11-2007, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Marantz SR7001 HDMI switching receiver that works beautifully--until it is time to switch protected content.

For example, I have a Tivo Series 3, Playstation 3, upconverting HDMI DVD player and a PC all switching into a 47" 1920x1080 screen.

The DVD and PC come through pixel-picture perfect. When displaying protected content from the Tivo or the Playstation, a pink wash comes over the entire screen.

Sound and resolution are perfect, but the screen is a dark pink from edge to edge.

It seems like a software glitch in the HDCP copy protection. If the content was not to be displayed, then there would be no picutre at all. Instead it is PINK!

When going directly into the panel, all content is displayed properly, but when switching through the receiver, I get this PINK problem.

I'm sure SOMEONE ELSE is suffering with this problem! Any answer is appreciated....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 5769 Post(s)
Liked: 8244
Typically this happens because you have a display (or receiver) that wants an RGB signal and is instead being given a YCbCr signal. Displays with DVI inputs are the most common example of displays that want RGB input. Although some source devices will figure this out automatically, others won't and you have to set the RGB output format explicitly. Since there is a receiver in the middle, it could be either the receiver or the source device that is confused. And the receiver could be confused either on the input side or the output side.

The image has the "shocking pink" cast to it because the Y (gray scale luminance) signal of YCbCr is being misinterpreted as the R (red brightness) signal of RGB.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2007, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Eureka! That is the answer...

I am able to change output format for the Playstation 3.

Now I have to figure out how to do it for the Tivo S3....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page