The "Official" Yamaha RX-V1800/RX-V3800 Thread - Page 299 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

post #8941 of 8955 Old 02-16-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiskmb View Post
today I tried to update again with custom firmware (Main, Video and DSP) (M:N076 7B11 and V:N060 A6C7 and D:05.13r4 047E)
but not displays "Update success" at the end of the update process but it shows me Write NG!
I closed the amplifier and opened it again and they all seem to work normally
here some photos my question is:to try again with custom firmware yes or no.
thank you very much

The three checksums are correct for the custom firmware with the larger volume display. I just checked mine and I have the same values as you (the one that was modified is for the Main processor, and the new checksum should be 3ADC, which you have).

And since you clearly have the larger volume display and "HELLO" on startup, you are running the custom firmware.

I can't explain why you got "Write NG!" instead of "Update Success". Normally this means the calculated checksum didn't match the expected value, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I think you should be OK, but if you want to try again to see if you can get "Update Success", I would suggest you burn the CD again just in case that's where the problem is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8942 of 8955 Old 02-16-2019, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
ok thank you very much
post #8943 of 8955 Old 06-26-2019, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello everybody.
this is my first message here.
i just bought a yamaha rxv 3800 and i have a problem.
when i use the movie dsp's the sound is muting and coming back all the time
i thought it's my computer or cables etc but it happens with hdmi and optical and from my computer
and from my tv with dd and dts and stereo sound.
the center channel is muting the most and less often the left-right but the surrounds don't mute.
then i noticed that if i watch movie with the music dsp 7 channel enhancer-2 channel enchancer-2 channel stereo -7 channel stereo etc it works fine.
did anybody experience such a problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8944 of 8955 Old 06-26-2019, 04:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Tried same audio inputs and decoding with a DVD or Bluray player? Computer and TV audio can be very problematic due to settings and output limitations. Best I can offer.
post #8945 of 8955 Old 06-26-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
Tried same audio inputs and decoding with a DVD or Bluray player? Computer and TV audio can be very problematic due to settings and output limitations. Best I can offer.
no i tried the tv and it still have issues
post #8946 of 8955 Old 07-17-2019, 11:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I have an RX-V1800 (two of them actually) and just upgraded to the Amazon Fire Stick 4k. The new remote successfully controls the volume, but does not turn the power on or off. Does anyone else have a Fire Stick 4k and got it to work with the power on and standby functions? Thanks.
post #8947 of 8955 Old 09-29-2019, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi apologies in advance if I’m posting in the wrong place. I’m new to the forum and not sure if this is right. I have a Yamaha rx-v3800 and am trying to get a Firestick to connect to it. The output is on a projector rather than tv. I am struggling to get it to do anything at all. It did work initially but must have changed something. Grateful for any advice
post #8948 of 8955 Old 09-29-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2199 Post(s)
Liked: 1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieR View Post
Hi apologies in advance if I’m posting in the wrong place. I’m new to the forum and not sure if this is right. I have a Yamaha rx-v3800 and am trying to get a Firestick to connect to it. The output is on a projector rather than tv. I am struggling to get it to do anything at all. It did work initially but must have changed something. Grateful for any advice
You’re in the right place for that AVR model, but you’re not giving us any information to really help. What are your settings on the AVR? Have you tried plugging the Fire TV Stick directly into the projector (into the back, or via a cable?)? Have you unplugged the Fire TV Stick or tried resetting it then plugging it in again? Have you tried the Fire TV Stick on another HDMI input of the AVR?

Can you see other devices plugged into the AVR on teh projector, and only this one device is not working? Can you see the AVR menus on the projector?

Finally, at the risk of being pedantic ... have you looked through the manual(s)?

“Ever heard of the Sullivan Act?” “Oh that's all right, Detective, we're married.”
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
post #8949 of 8955 Old 09-30-2019, 12:26 AM

Again not sure if this is how I’m meant to reply but hopefully the kind person who responded will see it! Thank you for replying. I’m plugging it into the amp rather than projector as I want it to connect to the speakers which go through the amp. At the moment it is plugged in the dtv/cbl hdmi port but I have tried the other ones too. I have switched the input to this and it seems to register that there is an hdmi source plugged in. Then I have another hdmi from the output hdmi in the amp to hdmi 1 in the projector. I have tried it in hdmi 2 also. It worked when we initially got it (I think in these ports) but when we had the unit moved it stopped working so must have changed something. I believe we can still get a connection to the Xbox (we use it as a DVD player) from one of the ports but I’m not sure which one (it’s currently connnected to something else but I can check it later if that helps).
post #8950 of 8955 Old 09-30-2019, 12:30 AM

Oh and yes I have looked through the manual but it’s far too complicated for me and I just don’t understand it. It seems to indicate that a loop is required with another cable going back from the projector to the amp possibly but we definitely never did this previously and it worked before. Also I’m not too sure which part of the instructions are relevant for a Firestick. I don’t think they were invented when the amp was created. In terms of other settings I think it’s currently on a movie setting but I’ve flicked through all the options and changing that doesn’t seem to make a difference
post #8951 of 8955 Old 11-12-2019, 11:46 AM

hi guys.it maybe written somewhere but i couldn,t find it.
anybody knows if the 3800 has a 12 or 24db crossover?
post #8952 of 8955 Old 11-13-2019, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by γιωργος μπακουσης View Post
hi guys.it maybe written somewhere but i couldn,t find it.
anybody knows if the 3800 has a 12 or 24db crossover?
in case anybody is interested i measured it.

24db low pass 12 db high pass.

i wonder why not both the same
post #8953 of 8955 Old 02-18-2020, 12:29 AM

Liked: 10
I've searched this thread to get some info on something that has bugged me ever since doing a firmware update years ago on my 3800: I've lost decoding for Dolby 1.0 (center channel only). Most of the time, it's not a big deal as 1.0 soundtracks play essentially in 2.0 mono out of both mains (and the sub), even in Straight Mode. When I first bought the receiver I remember just the Center Channel light being lit up and only hearing the center channel (along with the sub). That has not been the case for a long time. Is there any way to get that back? Firmware now is 0061. Thanks, David
post #8954 of 8955 Old 02-18-2020, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 488
The channel indicators on the front show the input channels, not which speakers are being used. So if two channels are lit up I don't think the receiver is getting a mono track. Any chance your source is not sending mono?
post #8955 of 8955 Old 02-18-2020, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The best way how to combine yamaha ax-v 3800 with rx-a 3080

I had new rx-a 3080 and old rx-v 3800. It is the first time (beginner) about home theater & audio. Anyone who can help me how to do this.
1. how to install bi-amp from front stage speakers.
2. how to install home theater 11.2 channel.
3. What is type cable to install pre out.
I had speaker front r,l center surround r,l surround back r,l front height r,l back height r,l sub woofer r,l.
If have picture how to connect is best for me.
I move this post from>>>forum/receivers-amps-processors/#post59263012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx V1800 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V3800bl Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page