The "Official" VSX-94TXH Thread...:0) - Page 167 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #4981 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1bum View Post
Thanks for that but apparently my post count is not high enough to send PM to you, I will try again as soon as I am able.
That's OK I'll pm you my emails address and you can just email me directly and I'll reply with the firmware and instructions.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4982 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 11:44 AM
FMW
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Quote:
My receiver is doing crazy things, was working fine until recently and then I lost the TV feed from my HDMI 1 port, I moved it to 3 and it was working fine for a little while, I then needed to move the receiver to another location and now it has gone crazy, I have the Directv PVR plugged into HDMI 3 but can only get it to respond if I set it to HDMI1 input. Tried to input set up several times and it always comes back to the same thing, thinking I may need to do a factory reset on the unit, opinions are welcome and appreciated.
The TV should be connected to the HDMI Out not HDMI 1
post #4983 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have owned Pioneer elite gear for years and was only looking at the same whenever I went for a new piece of equipment. I was looking for a new receiver recently to upgrade to ATMOS, and decided to make a change, picked up the Marantz 6010, and have only gone through the initial set up, have not spent a lot of time with it but so far I find the set up and the Odyssey much easier and superior to the Pioneer Elite's MCACC, will update this post when I have spent more time listening to the sound etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4984 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
The TV should be connected to the HDMI Out not HDMI 1
I understand, I wasn't clear in my post, I have the output connected to the TV, I was speaking of the inputs.
post #4985 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:
How do I get to the V-parameter screen to enable video scaling?
I got rid of my 92TXH back in 2009 so I don't have one to outline the steps, but page 71 of the manual details how to get to the V.Parameter screen. This link will download a .pdf version of the manual. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...OS8y7Q&cad=rja

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
post #4986 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 02:30 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
My receiver is doing crazy things, was working fine until recently and then I lost the TV feed from my HDMI 1 port, I moved it to 3 and it was working fine for a little while, I then needed to move the receiver to another location and now it has gone crazy, I have the Directv PVR plugged into HDMI 3 but can only get it to respond if I set it to HDMI1 input. Tried to input set up several times and it always comes back to the same thing, thinking I may need to do a factory reset on the unit, opinions are welcome and appreciated.
The first thing I would do is a reset to factory. Also, you should do a visual inspection of the HDMI ports themselves for any bent contacts or loose fitting connector. These jacks are very delicate, especially with heavy cables hanging out of them. Try making your HDMI connections using the default labels after the reset, before renaming any inputs. I would do all that before even worrying about the firmware updates.
post #4987 of 5037 Old 03-16-2016, 07:57 PM

Ok, reset to factory settings and the crazy stuff seems resolved.
post #4988 of 5037 Old 03-19-2016, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechs01 View Post
Looking into updating the firmware on my 94TXH but it is several versions behind. Are there DIY options to get to 2.012 that include all the incremental updates?

Hi there, it doesn't matter what your current firmware version is. Follow the instructions and you will have the latest.
Thank you! So the update is cumulative and includes all of the updates between 2.0* and 2.013?
post #4989 of 5037 Old 03-19-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yornch View Post
Thank you! So the update is cumulative and includes all of the updates between 2.0* and 2.013?
Yes, Firmware is basically a set of instructions for the processor. When they come up with a fix for an issue, the are basically making a correction to the instructions. When you do the update, the firmware that's in there gets erased, and the the updated firmware is written into the memory to replace it. For anyone interested, I'll post the firmware change log from Pioneer. This is just for the DSP Flash.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CHANGE_HISTORY_07MID(DSP FLASH).txt (1.0 KB, 142 views)
post #4990 of 5037 Old 07-10-2016, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi All, been awhile since I've stopped by. I've got additions to my setup that I can't figure out how to configure.

Before: Standard Pioneer VSX-94, used speaker pole wires out, normal inputs including HDMI (TV and DVD player).

Now: Added 2 amplifiers, 1 is a 3 channel Krell. I changed the speaker outputs from the speaker poles to the multi-channel outs and that part is working fine. I moved the sub there too.

The 2nd amplifier though I want to use for a separate zone outdoor speakers. I moved the speaker wires from the Pioneer Channel B pole outs to the Multi-Zone & Source outs but can't get any sounds from them. I also see from the manual that there are ridiculous limits on which inputs can be sent to the i.e. Zone 2, for example, no iPod, no Sirius or XM, no Home Media Gallery. It seems that setting up the 2nd amplifier with a 2nd outdoor speaker zone is oddly difficult for this Pioneer system.

Any help or suggestions on how to do this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Bruce
post #4991 of 5037 Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Thank God for this place. I PM'd Legairre for the latest firmware but just in case he's not around if someone can PM me the zip that would be amazing. Thanks guys, I'm on 2.007 and everything else is current so I guess I only have to do the easy CD update.
post #4992 of 5037 Old 10-13-2016, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 42
can someone explain hdmi control and is it the same as arc?

mmountain biking fool who loves his home theater
Pioneer ElitE SC 87
Samsung UN65HU8550 Qs04 SEK 3500
Dual SVS pb12+/2 ultra's with drywall nails backing out
post #4993 of 5037 Old 11-12-2016, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can anyone direct me or have a way to control my 94 from the ethernet port ? or any other way to set vol power etc or is the rs232 port the only way?

Many thanks in advance
post #4994 of 5037 Old 03-05-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo1234 View Post
Can anyone direct me or have a way to control my 94 from the ethernet port ? or any other way to set vol power etc or is the rs232 port the only way?

Many thanks in advance
what are you trying to control and with what? you want to control volume through the ethernet port?
post #4995 of 5037 Old 03-05-2017, 07:15 PM

I know this thread is old and dead, and I'm not trying to revive it but I thought I would add in my 2 cents for the firmware upgrades I did today.

I had to update the main, HDMI, DSP and DSP 1.

I did this with an older Dell laptop with a dedicated serial port I use for this kind of stuff. Windows XP is great for that, I have always had trouble with USB to serial converters. I bought the cable suggested by the manual I downloaded from PioneerFAQ. The HDMI, main and DSP updates went off without a hitch.

I also made the CD rom with the wav file, but didn't need it. I followed another users advice and updated it with my macbook using the digital optical output into the receiver. Worked great.

I was very simple to do with the right equipment. I have everything required to do it and would be happy to help out other users if they need theirs updated as well. Bring it to me and it can be done in 30 mins or so. Shipping these units is not cost effective but I would be happy to do update them at your shipping expense.

It did immediately make a difference. I was having issues with a HTPC build I have with a 980 TI graphics card. The receiver was not working with the PC. It didn't detect video. First try after the firmware updates it was working as it should. Really happy I went through with this and I'm thankful for everyones help getting it done. I had to sift through 165 pages of info but it was worth it.

feel free to message me here if anyone would need help with firmware updates.
post #4996 of 5037 Old 03-06-2017, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rw417 View Post
I have everything required to do it and would be happy to help out other users if they need theirs updated as well. Bring it to me and it can be done in 30 mins or so.
That's a most generous offer. To where would we be bringing them, geographically speaking, and what kind of beverage would you need to relax after a hard day's upgrading?
post #4997 of 5037 Old 03-08-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCxZ0 View Post
That's a most generous offer. To where would we be bringing them, geographically speaking, and what kind of beverage would you need to relax after a hard day's upgrading?

No charge or beverage needed unless I had to dismantle and reset after failed updates . I'm located in the Binghamton, NY area.

It wouldn't take more than an hour, tops.

Also, If you wanted to ship it to me I could update and ship it back at the owners expense, but it's a heavy machine and I don't think people would be comfortable with that process. Anyway, feel free to message me through the forum if updates are needed

Ryan
post #4998 of 5037 Old 10-03-2017, 01:40 PM

Hope I'm not posting to a dead thread, but I have a VSX-94TXH AVR, and for the life of me cannot figure out why the Loudness function turns off as soon as you enable the Tone function, and vice versa. Enable Tone, and Loudness automatically switches to Bypass. Is it not possible to enable both functions at the same time?
thanks,
Rich

Rich Schultz
Lancaster, CA
post #4999 of 5037 Old 03-03-2018, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
New to Forum
Currently I own Pioneer VSX 94TXH, and have since the unit was introduced and is connected to a Pioneer Plasma 55", along with the Pioneer Elite DVD player

Recently, I have switched out the DirectTV SAT receiver for a ROKU to "Cut the cord" and take advantage of streaming

I have the ROKU connected to the Pioneer VSX 94TXH via HDMI 1 and the DVD into the HDMI 1. The TV is using the Pioneer VSX 94TXH HDMI Out to receive its signal

Two issues.
1. The OSD Setup does not connect any longer; meaning when I turn the Receiver and TV on, and ROKU is displayed; as I hit the setup button on the receiver remote, the receiver displays "Cannot Connect" prior to removing the DirectTV receiver it was able to do so.

2. The Multi Zone option does not allow for the HDMI 1 to be selected. How do I allow the ROKU (HDMI) to be available for multi zone so I can play streamed music to other zones at the same time I am playing on the primary

thank you
post #5000 of 5037 Old 03-21-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DManton View Post
New to Forum
Currently I own Pioneer VSX 94TXH, and have since the unit was introduced and is connected to a Pioneer Plasma 55", along with the Pioneer Elite DVD player

Recently, I have switched out the DirectTV SAT receiver for a ROKU to "Cut the cord" and take advantage of streaming

I have the ROKU connected to the Pioneer VSX 94TXH via HDMI 1 and the DVD into the HDMI 1. The TV is using the Pioneer VSX 94TXH HDMI Out to receive its signal

Two issues.
1. The OSD Setup does not connect any longer; meaning when I turn the Receiver and TV on, and ROKU is displayed; as I hit the setup button on the receiver remote, the receiver displays "Cannot Connect" prior to removing the DirectTV receiver it was able to do so.

2. The Multi Zone option does not allow for the HDMI 1 to be selected. How do I allow the ROKU (HDMI) to be available for multi zone so I can play streamed music to other zones at the same time I am playing on the primary

thank you

Hello DManton,
On issue #1 : Is the receiver display showing the setup options, when setup button on remote is pressed? Since you have a Pioneer display and receiver, do you also have the SR+ cable? Have you tried analog component or composite cables, to connect the receiver to the display, to see if you have setup menu then?
On issue #2 : I think, and somebody correct if I'm wrong, the Multi Zone functions of the receiver are limited to analog sources. No HDMI. There are a few work around's that might work for you. Let me know if you are still in need of help.
Paul
post #5001 of 5037 Old 03-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Hello DManton,
On issue #1 : Is the receiver display showing the setup options, when setup button on remote is pressed? Since you have a Pioneer display and receiver, do you also have the SR+ cable? Have you tried analog component or composite cables, to connect the receiver to the display, to see if you have setup menu then?
On issue #2 : I think, and somebody correct if I'm wrong, the Multi Zone functions of the receiver are limited to analog sources. No HDMI. There are a few work around's that might work for you. Let me know if you are still in need of help.
Paul
I have a Pioneer VSX 94TXH connected to a Pioneer Elite Plasma 60". Going to the AVR via HDMI are Directv, Fire TV box, and a Dune media player. Out from the AVR I only have the HDMI to the TV.

I have always been able to pull up the AVR setting menu. Not sure why switching from Directv to Ruku would be any different.

I have not ever used multi zone with this AVR.

I feel infinite
post #5002 of 5037 Old 03-22-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasboy View Post
I have always been able to pull up the AVR setting menu. Not sure why switching from Directv to Ruku would be any different.
It wouldn't matter, in fact you don't need any input to the receiver to get the setup menu, just the output connection to the TV.
Does the receivers display change to the setup menu when you press setup? How about when you press the setup button on the receiver, not the remote?
post #5003 of 5037 Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It wouldn't matter, in fact you don't need any input to the receiver to get the setup menu, just the output connection to the TV.
Does the receivers display change to the setup menu when you press setup? How about when you press the setup button on the receiver, not the remote?
I never have had any problem getting to the setup menu.

I feel infinite
post #5004 of 5037 Old 03-22-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasboy View Post
I never have had any problem getting to the setup menu.

Oops. The above question was meant for DManton.
post #5005 of 5037 Old 03-22-2018, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Oops. The above question was meant for DManton.
Ha ha, I thought so.

I feel infinite
post #5006 of 5037 Old 03-22-2018, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 227
I upgraded my 94TXH about a year ago, so it's been awhile and I'm doing this from memory. The Roku may be causing HDCP errors, since the 94TXH does not support the latest HDMI /HDCP protocol. I ran into issues trying to get just the secondary HDMI audio connection from a Sony UHD player to work with the 94TXH (HDMI video was run from the player directly to the 4K display), and could only get audio using a digital coaxial cable.

Does the setup menu display properly if you unplug the Roku from the Pioneer? If so, that is your most likely culprit. I did have an older Roku unit connected to my 94TXH, but never tried any of the 2016 or later models -- I replaced the AVR with a 4K-capable Denon before upgrading to a newer Roku Ultra unit.

Last edited by Scott M; 03-22-2018 at 09:34 AM.
post #5007 of 5037 Old 09-06-2018, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 33
well i just wanted to stop by to say that as of this afternoon i am finally retiring my beloved 94txh. after 11 (!) years i can honestly say it has been an OUTSTANDING receiver, probably the best i'll ever own. thanks to everyone in this thread. you have been an amazing source of info to me over the years, and i truly appreciate it. THANK YOU!

---talbain---
post #5008 of 5037 Old 09-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post
well i just wanted to stop by to say that as of this afternoon i am finally retiring my beloved 94txh. after 11 (!) years i can honestly say it has been an OUTSTANDING receiver, probably the best i'll ever own. thanks to everyone in this thread. you have been an amazing source of info to me over the years, and i truly appreciate it. THANK YOU!
I just retired mine also after about the same time to move up to 4k ready and ATMOS. The reciever served me well, only negative was there was no easy way to update the firmware. It never had a problem, but then again do these AVRs ever go bad? I am still using my 18 year old Dennon for my office computer sound system.

I feel infinite
post #5009 of 5037 Old 10-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Still loving my old 94 and can't find a reason to replace it. Have a Samsung 82' 4K TV on the way and plan to run the video off the Xbox One X and send the audio from the Xbox by optical cable to the receiver. Will see if that works.

My question is on a silly accessory I added. As a child of the 80's I have always loved the look of real time spectrum analysis on the old equalizers. I bought an old Alesis 820 with RTA which I only plan to use for the spectrum analysis, not for actual equalization. I can't seem to get a signal out of the receiver that will run it. I can get it to work with the RCA jacks out of the FIOS DVR to the 1/4" input (and it looks mint), but once I am using the Xbox as my media device I have no RCA outs on there to run the equalizer.

I tried literally every output on the receiver, optical, and every unused channel out. I have read that the second zone analog out does not work if the signal in is HDMI. Unfortunatly the optical out for the second zone does not seem to be the same standard as the input for the Alesis.

Any thoughts on how to get a signal out?
post #5010 of 5037 Old 11-11-2018, 07:55 AM

Hi guys, new to this forum. I love the 94TXH but recently my unit is not turning on. When I press ‘On/Standby’ the light on the button turns on blue, and the ‘Digital Precision Processing’ also lights up blue but nothing else. The display is blank and no sound comes out. I’ve tried unplugging it for a couple of days, and tried a reset but nothing seems to work. I’m wondering if my unit is done for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page