Help on ....How to connect wireless active sub to Zone 2 on Yamaha RX-A810 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hope someone can help me, I purchased the RX-A810 specifically so that I could have my normal surround sound in the TV room and also have speakers in my bar area using Zone 2. I also purchased a JBL wireless sub for the bar area thinking that I could use the zone 2 pre-out with a Y connector and enable the crossover. This does work however the Zone 2 Pre-out is not a pre-out it is just a line out and I cannot control the volume of the sub from the receiver.
How else can I connect the sub to the zone 2 so that the volume is controlled with the speakers.

I suppose its the same as asking how to connect a wireless active sub if you do not have an LFE or preamp out.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 45
This is quite a bind. From what I can see, the wireless JBL subs don't have speaker-level inputs. So even if you were willing to run your zone 2 speaker wires to the sub, then to the speakers, you can't right?

Honestly what you might have to do is buy an inexpensive amp with a sub out for the bar area, and run the Yamaha zone 2 line outs to it. Then the people in the bar will be able to control the overall bar volume from there. That would at least allow you to keep using that sub.

Otherwise, get a different sub with speaker-level inputs and do the first thing that I wrote.

post #3 of 3 Old 09-06-2012, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply JBWII. Yes you are correct the JBL sub does not have speaker level inputs.
I may have to do what you are suggesting and buy another amp. I was really hoping to avoid this.
I did see that you do get speaker level to line output converters. So I would have 4 speaker wires out of the speaker lever outputs in zone 2 which would send signal to the 2 speakers and to the converter which would send the signal via RCA to the Wireless transmitter for the sub.

These are mostly for car audio that I have found. And I am not sure if this would act as a pre-out so that I the amp would be controlled by the volume control in the AV amp.

See below link to some of them..
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cgl30LRXbyz/g_721/Line-Output-Converters.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Yamaha Rx A810bl Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page