Originally Posted by superkyle
Jerry sorry for the delay as I was stuck at work. Now that I am home I will be happy to upload my files to Dropbox as well as add any additional measurements requested. I really appreciate it bc I just can’t find out why they are fighting and it driving me mad haha.
To answer your questions I looked at the impulse response and all do move in the same direction however none are stacked on top of each other. This includes with and without Audyssey on.
As far as running Audyssey each time I move I will say that I do but with an asterisk. What I mean by that is I will run sweeps moving the sub all over the room with Audyssey off. Once I feel I get a spot that is showing good response I will run the full 8 positions. My position sequence covers 8 positions all on my couch as I have tried it as the diagram shows as well as many others and this seems to provide a little better results at the MLPs. Let me know how I can share that Dropbox file with you and I’ll upload it now.
Typically you would move the sub around, and take measurements with Audyssey off. Once you feel you have found the best spot, then run Audyssey again. In theory, the best measurement with Audyssey off should yield the best result with Audyssey on as well (and hopefully even better).
The impulse response overlay shows all three mains with the same polarity (good), but with a slight timing difference. However, the timing issue is only .14ft, or 1.7 inches. Hardly anything to worry about, and certainly inaudible. Audyssey has done a good job with alignment.
The sub is also showing the same polarity, so no problem there.
The ETC measurement is showing a significant reflection between 11 and 11.5 feet from the measurement mic's position. You should try and identify what is causing that reflection. There are several other less serious reflections.
And finally, the waterfall is showing significant ringing in the 35-70Hz region, which is difficult to resolve without adding tons of bass traps.
As far as addressing a rather serious dip in combined mains+sub response at 64Hz, and another dip between 90 and 95Hz, I think the sub distance tweak might help:
1. Measure left+sub with the default sub distance established by Audyssey.
2. Increase the sub distance, say 5ft as a starter, and re-measure.
3. If improved, keep increasing in 1ft increments until the measurement starts getting worse. Pick the distance that produced the flattest response.
4. If 5ft makes the measurement worse, try 4ft, then 3ft, etc. looking for the flattest response.
5. Once you have settled on a distance, measure right+sub and center+sub to verify that the measurement is flatter for both of those as well.
Publish your results, hoping they are improved.