Newbie whole house audio question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-02-2014, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I'm a first time poster with limited av knowledge.  I have some questions about setting up a whole house audio system with existing wiring.  

Here's what I have: 

Yamaha rx-v667 

Polk rc85i 

In four rooms, 2 simple 2-wire cables run from their wall locations to a junction box.  Each junction box has a single simple 2-wire cable running back to the receiver cabinet.  The wires are loose in the junction boxes with no volume controls or switches.  At the receiver, wires will need to connect to zone 2, which is simply 2 channels, L/R.  Zone 1 has an existing home theater setup.  Ultimately I would like to send music to all four rooms, and be able to adjust the volume for each room.  

If I connect the wires in the junction box and then connect to one side at the receiver, obviously I get just one channel.  Should I bridge these to get both channels?  Then do I run them in parallel to the speakers?  What about connecting a volume adjustable speaker selector/powered amplifier?  Can I bridge to that?  Can volume controls at the junction box be used with this type of wiring?  

Thanks in advance.  - Brett

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
Polk Audio Rc85i 2 Way In Wall Speakers Pair White , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page