Originally Posted by jkeny
And, even if expert, trained listeners submit to multiple tests, like Amir, you claim lying & cheating - really?
Indeed but there are steps within that. Here is how it goes:
1. You will never pass a level-matched DBT ABX.
2. You take and pass the level-matched DBT ABX that *they designed*. And one they are confident no one can pass
3. They come back to invalidate their own test. "Oh, there is a "big" problem with the test. Here is the fixed one."
4. You take the new test and pass that too.
5. They come and say, "well it must be because your system produces spurious response. Run this test and I am confident it will show your system to be broken." Answer is kept secret hoping you give the wrong one.
6. You take the test and report back the proper answer that indicates your system is just fine.
7. You ask them how come they are not taking the own test? They say their hearing is no good, or that they are afraid of ridicule with their negative outcome.
8. They say you must have cheated and hand modified the output of the Foobar program, or tested different files and just named them like they were supposed to be.
9. You re-run the tests again, this time with new version of Foobar ABX plug-in that computes a cryptographic hash (signature) of both the files and its output.
10. After you have done that, they come back and say that is no good because there are ways to still cheat and doctor up the output.
11. Ask them how that is done and whether they too can cheat and show positive results. They can't answer, nor do they produce said positive results by cheating.
12. They then ask for a live witness. As if any test they ever report has been audited by an independent person.
13. We finally get to your correct statement that where they leave it is, "it must have been a cheat or a lie."
It can't be the audio truth is different than their forum-built knowledge. It has to be that the person who did this work for a living, can show the credentials to be an expert listener, can pass every test thrown at him and run it precisely described, and has the technical knowledge to back what he is looking for, is a cheat.
Well no. The hat has been handed to them. But lack of common sense still entices them to boldly scream about double blind tests, the very thing they are distancing themselves from.