Home Theatre help - No sound. I thought I'd done everything right this time! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2015, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Exclamation Home Theatre help - No sound. I thought I'd done everything right this time!

Hi,

I have an LG LED TV, a little Panasonic Home Theater system and a cable set top box. I'm trying to make them all work together and have been able to do this in the past (where I was last living) but this time it's just not happening.

I've connected the cable box to the TV via an HDMI cable and the main unit of the Panasonic to the TV via another HDMI. I can see the option on the TV to use the Home Theater speakers instead of the TV speakers - this should already mean that the TV recognises the external speakers, right?

When I select this option I lose the sound. However, the TV remote can now control the volume for the Panasonic speakers. Really seems like it should be fine but there's no sound.

Also, I know the speakers work because when I put in a DVD or CD they all work.

Can anyone suggest anything?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2015, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Hook your cable box to the Panasonic receiver, then one hdmi to the TV. That should do it.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2015, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
do what pitpat said....or if you want the ability to use the tv spaekers only you should have a output on the tv that you would run to the reciever....that way you can use either the tv speakers or the home theater speakers......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page