Samsung HW-E450, TV, and Xbox settings? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-13-2015, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Samsung HW-E450, TV, and Xbox settings?

I've already posted this under the soundbar forum, but figured I'd try here instead.

I have just about burned myself out searching google, these forums, reddit, etc for a concrete answer to my setup. I recently got a samsung HW-E450 2.1 soundbar. Along with this soundbar I have a Samsung UN55F6300 and an Xbox one. I currently have all of this connected to the soundbar as follows:

Xbox one -> TV via HDMI
TV -> Soundbar via Optical cable.

The only reason I do not have the xbox connected directly to the soundbar is because I use the Samsung PleX app to watch movies. My question is what settings due I use between the xbox, TV, and soundbar. Below I have listed all of the 'available' options for each piece of equipment. I am struggling trying to understand and figure out what goes with what.

Xbox
-Stereo Uncompressed
-5.1 Uncompressed
-7.1 Uncompressed
-Bitstream -> DD or DTS

TV (external speaker)
-PCM
-DTS Neo 2:5

Soundbar
-3D surround (off, low, high)
-Surround effects (cinema, movie, game, etc....)

Being it's a 2.1 soundbar, I have ignored 5.1 and 7.1 settings on the Xbox one. Bitstream appears to show a small amount of lag when paired with PCM or DTS Neo 2:5.
So with these settings, what would be my best setup? Stereo uncompressed with DTS Neo 2:5 and 3D surround high? Bitstream DTS, DTS Neo 2:5, no 3D surround? What unit does the surround/3D processing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page