SR7010 + B&W + Rotel owner, which Atmos speakers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-22-2015, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
SR7010 + B&W + Rotel owner, which Atmos speakers?

Hi all, let me start by saying English is not my native tongue, so maybe my exact question (with approximately thesame speaker setup as i have) was already posted on this forum. Please excuse me in that case.

So i am from the Netherlands and i bought a new house. Even though i only get the key in about 4 weeks, i am already planning my A/V setup. Seperate audio group is part of the plan and so are in-ceiling Atmos speakers.

My current setup is like this:
- Marantz SR7008 (to be upgraded to atmos enabled receiver for example SR7010?)
- Rotel RB-1582 MK II

Speakers:
- Fronts: B&W CM10 S2, now still bi-amp powered by the SR7008 but will be powered by the Rotel in the new home
- Center: B&W CMC 2 S2
- Surround: B&W M1
- Surround back: B&W M1

All my speakers are rated at 8ohm and they are all from B&W. Given the fact that i have an external amp for my fronts, i can go for Atmos fairly easily as soon as i get an 11ch processing capability A/V receiver. As construction is about to start on my house i have now the possibility to lower my ceiling and place speakers in the (dry-wall) ceiling.

So in this thread i would like to have your advise (what to look for) as it comes to Atmos speakers. I've read that dispersion is important, but ceiling height for me is also important. My ceiling is only 8.8ft (about 2m65) so lowering it to 8 feet is i think my max; preferably i don't want to go lower then 8.3ft (2m50cm) which is 15cm lowered ceiling.

Rated at 125 watts per channel (8 ohms, .05%, 20Hz~20kHz), the SR7010 has the ability to drive lower impedance 4 ohm speakers on all channels. But what speakers can you advise me given my constraints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page