Two Rows, Four Seats & Good Sound Quality? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RayGuy

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2019, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Two Rows, Four Seats & Good Sound Quality?

Hello all,

I have just completed installing various acoustic treatments in my room & am now looking to try & get the best sound quality over the four seats I have.

I know the best bet is to just correct for one seat but I want to try & get “good” sound quality over as many seating positions as possible.

I have spent a day trying over 50 different positions for both my subs & using REW to find the best location for them.

I also looked into time aligning my subs but this just makes thing worst for me so have added no delay.

I have then ran Dirac Live & after playing around with the sub distance on my AVR to see if I could get the crossover point between the mains & subs any smoother but I could not.

I have also tried various different crossover points, I normally use 80Hz but have found that 120Hz produces a smoother response but am concerned this may make the subs to become localized in the room.

Anyway this is what I have currently when measuring the centre channel with the subs & EQ active:

So is this a good start or should I start digging myself out of this hole

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2019, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 3468 Post(s)
Liked: 3280
Looks like the rear seats are not positioned well in the room. Are they against a back wall or at some even divisible of the room length?
AdamAttewell likes this.

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2019, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayGuy View Post
Looks like the rear seats are not positioned well in the room. Are they against a back wall or at some even divisible of the room length?

The rear row is about 120cm off the back wall, I have equipment prevnting me from going further back at the moment. I guess I could measure behind the rear seat & see what result I get.

I have never check the distance they are in the room as other factors have limited their postition.

Cant move them forward as the front row is already close enough to the screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page