speaker configuration when using REW to find sub levels? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-21-2019, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question speaker configuration when using REW to find sub levels?

Ok, so i'm not exactly a newbie when it comes to REW, I'm not an expert by any means but my background is in music production, which is a bit of a different application. For that I had full range 8" monitors and would simply test the left and the right directly out of the sound card- no big deal. Now that i'm setting up a home theater with many components working together I'm a bit confused on how to get an accurate measurement.

Firstly I can run it as 5 channel stereo and get a clean output of each speaker, OR, Dolby PLII which is the setting that actually gets used.

Secondly, I can run all speakers at once which in logic would mix with my sub to give me a realistic picture of the full spectrum of sound- but get combing and interference. OR, I can unplug each speaker and get a cleaner measurement, but the sub would be calibrated to match ONE speaker instead of the whole setup.

I have read quite a few guides but I haven't found clarity as to how to fine tune the system with your sub in the FULL mix. Is this just something you just have to 'earball'?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-22-2019, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6566 Post(s)
Liked: 5920
Please see the REW Guide linked in my sig, then post your questions in this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page