The weird question of the day (bluetooth 11.1 speaker) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-03-2019, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 4
The weird question of the day (bluetooth 11.1 speaker)

Hi!

Here goes the wird questino of the week...

Is there any software / hardware that let me use 5 (or 7 or 9 or 11) bluetooth speakers (like the Anker SoundcorePro or any other) in a home theater setup?

For example... If my source is my PC, can I use any software to redirect Left Channel to a one speaker, Right to another speaker, center to another, ... you get the point...

The idea is to send each channel to one stereo speaker, therefore reproducing a mono signal.

I imagine getting 9 cheap bluetooth speakers and use them as ATMOS, front wide, rear surround, etc. Wireless speakers make things even easier, and I can use them only when required.

I know latency and SQ will probably not be the best, but it may work for some.

Looking forward to your reply!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-05-2019, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
Hi!

Here goes the wird questino of the week...

Is there any software / hardware that let me use 5 (or 7 or 9 or 11) bluetooth speakers (like the Anker SoundcorePro or any other) in a home theater setup?

For example... If my source is my PC, can I use any software to redirect Left Channel to a one speaker, Right to another speaker, center to another, ... you get the point...

The idea is to send each channel to one stereo speaker, therefore reproducing a mono signal.

I imagine getting 9 cheap bluetooth speakers and use them as ATMOS, front wide, rear surround, etc. Wireless speakers make things even easier, and I can use them only when required.

I know latency and SQ will probably not be the best, but it may work for some.

Looking forward to your reply!
I'm not sure if what you want is possible. Stereo can be accomplished easily with bluetooth speakers that pair to each other.

Virtual Audio Cable might be able to do what you want but I haven't used it so I'm not sure. Based on this guide it seems that it might be able to do what you want. That guide is just for sending the same signal to multiple speakers but in the configuration pictures it looks like you might be able to choose different channels for each speaker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| LG OLED65C8P | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Def Tech BP9040 + CS9040 + A90 + SR9080 | Klipsch R-112SW |
post #3 of 5 Old 04-11-2019, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
I'm not sure if what you want is possible. Stereo can be accomplished easily with bluetooth speakers that pair to each other.

Virtual Audio Cable might be able to do what you want but I haven't used it so I'm not sure. Based on this guide it seems that it might be able to do what you want. That guide is just for sending the same signal to multiple speakers but in the configuration pictures it looks like you might be able to choose different channels for each speaker.
Thanks for your reply!

The app you suggest is similar to Audio Router or CheVolume (paid).

I think I can make it work (kind of) with those softwares, but it's weird there isn't any other easier solution (hardware or software).

Going from a simple 5.1 system to a 11.1 monster would be so easy.

Will keep searching and report If I can make it work.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by marto2009 View Post
Thanks for your reply!

The app you suggest is similar to Audio Router or CheVolume (paid).

I think I can make it work (kind of) with those softwares, but it's weird there isn't any other easier solution (hardware or software).

Going from a simple 5.1 system to a 11.1 monster would be so easy.

Will keep searching and report If I can make it work.

Thanks!
I don't think chevolume or audiorouter will accomplish what you want as they just let you assign different speakers for different apps. Virtual Audio Cable looks to be a bit more robust and based on the guide I linked I think you might be able to send the left channel to one speaker, right channel to another speaker, etc. which is what you'd need for surround effects to function properly. I'm not sure if VAC will work but I think its your best chance. It has a free trial so you can test it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| LG OLED65C8P | Pioneer VSX-LX503 | Def Tech BP9040 + CS9040 + A90 + SR9080 | Klipsch R-112SW |
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2019, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
I don't think chevolume or audiorouter will accomplish what you want as they just let you assign different speakers for different apps. Virtual Audio Cable looks to be a bit more robust and based on the guide I linked I think you might be able to send the left channel to one speaker, right channel to another speaker, etc. which is what you'd need for surround effects to function properly. I'm not sure if VAC will work but I think its your best chance. It has a free trial so you can test it out.
Thanks for your help.

I have a couple of speakers and a couple of bluetooth adapters... I just need to try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page