Complete surround set up and questions. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-18-2019, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Complete surround set up and questions.

Hello all,

Just joined up but I have used this site for many years for answers but now that I finally have a home of my own I am getting to design and install my own theater/family room.

Currently I have:

Samsung Q6 82”
Pioneer Elite SC-85
B&W CM8’s - left/right
Def tech 2000 - center
Def tech pro mon 1000’s - front wide/hights
Def tech pro mon 800’s - rear surrounds
Def tech mythos gems - middle surround
Klipsch Synergy 12” sub
Speakercraft AIM7’s - ceiling

I am going to run 9.1.2 and am considering a few things and would love some opinions and info.

Question #1

I am limited on the size I can use for my center channel to a max height of 6” so I am considering buying a Klipsch rp-440c to replace the def tech 2000 but have no idea of the sound quality of the Klipsch. I have never been satisfied with the volume level of the def tech and a larger center would be the next logical step. I would love a B&W cm center but it won’t fit. I am also looking at the mythos 10 but not sure how much of an upgrade it would be over the 2000. Any thoughts?

Question 2

Front hights or front wides? My receiver is capable of Atmos but I don’t have any Atmos capable speakers so I am thinking of just running hights instead of wides just because it’s easier from a looks and set up standpoint . Thoughts?

Question 3

I am looking at adding another Klipsch Synergy 10” but the room and furniture set up isn’t gonna allow me ideal placement of either sub so how important is perfect sub placement going to be?

I guess we can start here and see where it takes us.

My room is not perfect and perfect sound imaging just isn’t gonna be attainable so I don’t want to get too technical as I wouldn’t most likely understand it anyway so go easy on me lol

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-18-2019, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2516 Post(s)
Liked: 2264
Get an RSL CG23. Free return if not for you, but I have yet to see anyone here actually return one after hearing it.

https://rslspeakers.com/products/cg2...enter-channel/

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page