speaker height above 120 cm from ear - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-21-2019, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
speaker height above 120 cm from ear

currently i use q accoustics 3020i but, because of room. i can only put my side speaker about 120 cm above my ear. and i can't directly pointing speaker to my ear. so is it really bad if i not put speaker in same ear level. i am really worried if i put really high cause i usually use my home theater for play video games. especially fps game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-21-2019, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 135
If you dont do atmos or rear speakers it usually doesnt matter if the surrounds are high up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 07-21-2019, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeliemix View Post
If you dont do atmos or rear speakers it usually doesnt matter if the surrounds are high up.

i use for my atmos 5.1.2 ch. my front and center is perfect in ear level, and i use 2 ceiling speaker. the problem is my side surround speaker. i can only put above 120cm (4-5ft) ear level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakasa Adnan View Post
i use for my atmos 5.1.2 ch. my front and center is perfect in ear level, and i use 2 ceiling speaker. the problem is my side surround speaker. i can only put above 120cm (4-5ft) ear level

Afaik if you do atmos then its good to have distance between the base layer and the atmos layer. Is the 120cm off the floor or above your ears? If its 120cm off the floor then it should be fine, the base layer doesnt need to be exactly ear level and for surrounds it might be difficult at precise ear level because then heads can be in between speakers and your ears.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-21-2019, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeliemix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakasa Adnan View Post

Afaik if you do atmos then its good to have distance between the base layer and the atmos layer. Is the 120cm off the floor or above your ears? If its 120cm off the floor then it should be fine, the base layer doesnt need to be exactly ear level and for surrounds it might be difficult at precise ear level because then heads can be in between speakers and your ears.

120cm it's from above my ear. Not from the floor.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-23-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 2859 Post(s)
Liked: 2631
How high is the ceiling? The general rule is that the base level speakers are not more than 1/2 the Atmos speaker height. Of course, rules are made to be broken, and if you have no other choice, then you just live with the compromise and move on. Just out of curiosity, why are they so high? A pic of the problem area may be helpful in finding other solutions ...

Another option is to change the layout of the room to accommodate the proper level of both fronts and surrounds, if possible...

It's a VIRTUAL channel unless stated otherwise.

Last edited by RayGuy; 07-23-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page