Is it possible to use bookshelf speakers as upward-firing Atmos speakers? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-01-2019, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Question Is it possible to use bookshelf speakers as upward-firing Atmos speakers?

I was at a local Best Buy's Magnolia department, talking with one of the guys there about several different home-theater-related topics, and he told me that some people, including him (if I recall correctly) have taken regular bookshelf-type speakers, placed them (presumably on top of their front or surround speakers), connected them to the ceiling speaker ports on their AVRs or amplifiers, aimed them towards the ceiling, and gotten Atmos sound that way (he admitted that he wasn't sure if it was a perfect alternative to using proper upward-firing Atmos add-on speakers). Can anyone tell me whether bookshelf speakers, placed properly and aimed towards the ceiling, would be a perfect alternative to using proper Atmos upward-firing speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-01-2019, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 5
On second thought, I think that this thread belongs in the "speakers" section of this site, so please respond there: Is it possible to use bookshelf speakers as upward-firing Atmos speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Tags
atmos , atmos configuration , atmos speaker , atmos speaker placement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page