MultiEQ App = no sound from left front speaker - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-08-2019, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
MultiEQ App = no sound from left front speaker

Just purchased a Denon X4500, have two Emotiva T1s as fronts, C1 center, B1s for back and surrounds. I downloaded the MultiEQ app(Android). I've ran it three times, once with fronts Bi-amped, twice without. On the first pass it always says the left front is out of phase and to reverse + and -, I choose ignore(have checked and rechecked and the polarity is correct) and continue. After completing and uploading the file to the avr, no sound comes from the left front.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Any ideas? It plays fine when i turn Audyssey off.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-08-2019, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 4892 Post(s)
Liked: 3625
Sorry, I don't know the solution, however passive bi-amping is not recommended because it is a waste of electricity, time, and money and introduces no increase in sound quality nor quantity.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Hello! Had this exact issue happening twice ( some 6 months ago). There was also no outcome in the respective LS graph (front left one!), blank content.
Moreover, each time the App (and the Audyssey setup in the Avr, when I had not the App) signals out of phase for the front channels, which I ignore consequently.
Btw, Marantz Sr7011 and fronts are Klipsch Cornwall.
Regards
Alessandro

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-09-2019, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It seems to only be the MultiEQ editor app. I re-ran Audyssey using the avr instead of the app and everything works fine. Would be nice to be able to edit some of the curves, guess I am out of luck for now with that.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-10-2019, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I encountered the same problem, although I didn't have any phase warnings. I was able to fix it by repeating the first measurement position. That is, after the first measurement is run, I would hit repeat in the app and then continue on to the other 7 measurement positions. This resolved the problem for me. I hope it works for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page