Cambridge Soundworks C1PLY12R Volume Controller Schematic/DIY - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-14-2019, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Cambridge Soundworks C1PLY12R Volume Controller Schematic/DIY

Hi everybody, I hope this is the right forum to ask. I have recently acquired a Polycom-branded Cambridge Soundworks C1PLY12R setup which is a 2x6" subwoofer and dual 2x4" with tweeters satellite setup off of an old decommissioned Polycom video conference unit. For the price of free.99 this thing sounds fanstastic for the money, but there is no volume control as in its original setup all the volume was controlled by the video conference unit.

On the unit is an RJ-11 connector labeled "Volume Control" with a loopback connector stuck in it. Googling finds no Cambridge unit with an RJ-11 connector like this. It's a long shot, but does anybody have a schematic for one of these things? If it's an analog connection I'm sure I could whip up a quick volume control for it.

I have it plugged into my computer right now, so I can of course adjust the volume from there, but it'll still occasionally pick up noise throughout the day and pops whenever you turn it on/off cause it's cranked to 10 at the amp. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page