I recently bought the Marantz SR7013 on sale at Bestbuy and it came in yesterday. I'm contemplating whether to open the box or return it to BestBuy. Here is my situation:
1. I am currently running a 9.2.2 setup using Audessey DSX Front Wides and Heights + regular 7.2 and really love the front wides. AVR is 4311CI, with AudessyXT32 and using a yamaha AVR (Direct mode) as external amp for Front Heights
2. My HT is 13' x 22' with 2 row seating;1st row is 10 ft from the screen and 2nd row is ~16 ft and with Atmos 7.2.4 (max with SR7013), I can add either rear heights or Top Rear ceilings along with the Front Heights.
3. I'd definitely like to keep the Front Wides so I can use the Pre-out on SR7013 and connect to 7.1 analog In on the 4311CI.
4. Based on some research on this and other forums, with 2 row seating, 7.2.6 with Top Middle is the preferred Atmos configuration. I cannot do that with the SR7013. What I can do is to keep on using the DSX Front heights and use the SR7013 for Top Middle and Top Rear for Atmos but I'm not sure if that's the correct way to go (2 different technologies -DSX Heights vs Atmos and it may not sound nice- haven't read much about using this combo so feel free to chime in)
5. My existing projector is a BenQ W1070 (1080p) and I'm pretty happy with that.
6. No need for 4k, HEOS as such till the time I upgrade my projector which hopefully shouldn't be for 2 to 3 years.
So based on all this, I'm wondering if I should hold off going to Atmos for a while till some Manufacturer hopefully offers an 11 ch onboard with 7.2.6 pre-outs so I can do 6 atmos (FH, TM, TR). SR7013 is seeming more like an impulse buy to me
. Is the SR7013 a significant upgrade from the 4311CI?
Thank you for your help.