Onkyo TX-NR585 5.1 Setup Problems - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-23-2019, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Onkyo TX-NR585 5.1 Setup Problems

Hi all, brand new to this forum and admittedly I know very little on how to setup a home audio system. A year ago I bought the above listed receiver and klipsch speakers to make a nice little 5.1 system for my home theater room. I set it all up and it was working fine at that time. Now for some reason when. Yesterday I went to watch the mandalorian and it just didn't sound right at all. I went and played a surround sound audio test on youtube, the surround speakers played out of the front tower speakers, and the LFE/subwoofer doesnt play at all. I redid the initial setup on the receiver and all speakers and the sub played fine with no issue but the youtube test did the same thing still. Any pointers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 704
A lot of YouTube content is stereo only...regardless what they say. Also depends on
What hardware you are using to access streaming content.

Best way to test your system is with a DVD of Blu-ray Disc.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page