Atmos setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-12-2020, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Atmos setup

I only need to calibrate my setup to one seat, as i am only interested in using atmos for gaming so i sit at the centre of my tv when i do. When i’ve ran audyssey i have only used 3 mic positions moving the mic about 10 inches to the left and right. With atmos should i use the full 9 positions so there will be a bigger space for atmos to “map” sounds to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-13-2020, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddyod View Post
I only need to calibrate my setup to one seat, as i am only interested in using atmos for gaming so i sit at the centre of my tv when i do. When i’ve ran audyssey i have only used 3 mic positions moving the mic about 10 inches to the left and right. With atmos should i use the full 9 positions so there will be a bigger space for atmos to “map” sounds to?
If you trying to set the optimum sound settings to be where you're sitting only do it with the 3 locations because every time you move a location it basically balances it between all measurement spots. If you have 3 different settings, it's going to compute the averages into that space which will make it more I deal for atmos or anything from that location. I have a chair that sometimes is reclining and sometimes sitting up so I usually take my measurements from 3 places within that chair (ie chair sitting straight up and me leaning back, half recline with me leaning back, me leaning forward, etc.) What I wish I had on my current receiver which is a marantz was the ability to have precepts loaded so I could preset for my location or preset for the entire living Room for watching a movie. My point in saying that is if you have precepts you can try out a couple different measurements save them and then load them to see what you like best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page