How to position your speakers perfectly. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Suite
  • 2 Post By m. zillch

post #1 of 5 Old 03-26-2020, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 142
How to position your speakers perfectly.

Best speaker placement tutorial and best speaker placement music?

On youtube there are a great number of tutorials in speaker placement.
Any of these you would especially recommend? PDF manuals link are welcome as well. Cambridge Audio, Cnet, Crutchfield......?

I have downloaded the Sound Liaison DXD sampler "The Visual Sound" The Visual Sound Sound Liaison DXD Music Sampler
as it was recommended to me as being a great speaker placement tool.

Especially the phase coherent One Microphone recordings on the sampler seems excellent for that purpose:
“These guys and this recording just rocks. Pace, rhythm, tone and soundstage are just off the charts. The precise placement of all four of the musicians perfectly matches the photos of the sessions. The balance of all four instruments is darn near perfect. As you can no doubt tell, I am a huge fan of this recording. It is one of the best in terms of recording quality I have ever heard. Of course, and as always, your view of the actual music content may vary quite considerably from mine. Nonetheless, I think we would all agree that this recording sounds sensational. ” from the review in; Audiophilestyle.
I used to have the XLO test CD but have misplaced it, should I reorder it or do you have better recommendations?

(Disclaimer; my good friend Bert wrote the text above, but I find the questions he has might be well answered by the experts on this forum.)
Scotth3886 likes this.

Last edited by Suite; 05-03-2020 at 05:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-26-2020, 09:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 6734 Post(s)
Liked: 4956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite View Post

Any of these you would especially recommend?
This one:
asarose247 and 18Hurts like this.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there IS no concept of "accounting for personal taste/preference". As art consumers we don't "pick" the level of bass, nor the tint/brightness of a scene's sky, any more than we pick the ending of a novel or Mona Lisa's type of smile. "High fidelity" means "high truthfulness", faithful to the original artist's intent: an unmodified, neutral, accurate copy of the original master, ideally being exact and with no discernable alterations, aka "transparency".
post #3 of 5 Old 03-29-2020, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Very much too the point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-29-2020, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4414 Post(s)
Liked: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite View Post

Any of these you would especially recommend? PDF manuals link are welcome as well. Cambridge Audio, Cnet, Crutchfield......?

I have downloaded the Sound Liaison DXD sampler "The Visual Sound" The Visual Sound Sound Liaison DXD Music Sampler
as it was recommended to me as being a great speaker placement tool.

Especially the phase coherent One Microphone recordings on the sampler seems excellent for that purpose:
“These guys and this recording just rocks. Pace, rhythm, tone and soundstage are just off the charts. The precise placement of all four of the musicians perfectly matches the photos of the sessions. The balance of all four instruments is darn near perfect. As you can no doubt tell, I am a huge fan of this recording. It is one of the best in terms of recording quality I have ever heard. Of course, and as always, your view of the actual music content may vary quite considerably from mine. Nonetheless, I think we would all agree that this recording sounds sensational. ” from the review in; Audiophilestyle.
I used to have the XLO test CD but have misplaced it, should I reorder it or do you have better recommendations?

(Disclaimer; my good friend Bert wrote the text above, but I find the questions he has might be well answered by the experts on this forum.)
This is one of the very best that I'm aware of.

My audio life revolves around the three dimensional so I get all of these types of recordings that I'm aware of. It's real hard to beat this one.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-03-2020, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page