Weird problem - Rear output plays out front speakers - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Weird problem - Rear output plays out front speakers

Hi Everyone,

I've had a Marantz SR7102 for some time now, the package initially came with bad network card... had to get that fixed. So recently, all of a sudden when surround left/right, back left right need to play, they all go out the front.

It just randomly happened. No setting changed, or anything. I did a factory reset, still no luck. My kids often have the remote (yes I know better), and possibly a setting was changed. However, I thought a factory reset, going through the Audyssey setup would have resolved it.

Any thoughts, or something I should be looking at?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Make sure the surround and back speakers are connected properly and check that they are set in the AVR.
post #3 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeliemix View Post
Make sure the surround and back speakers are connected properly and check that they are set in the AVR.
Yep, have them connected. I can go and to the generic test within the setup, and the white noise comes from the desired output.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Waechter View Post
Yep, have them connected. I can go and to the generic test within the setup, and the white noise comes from the desired output.

Double check sound modes used also but it is strange if intermittent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
So the Audyssey "chirps" and the test tone white noise play on the appropriate speakers? Then you need to be looking at your source's settings.

Sub builds: Yet another Infinity 1260 build | Twins! | Modified V.B.S.S. build | UM12-22 builds | AV stand and sealed UM18s

Speaker builds: DIYSG HTM-10 build | DIYSG Volt-6 build | DIYSG Fusion-8 builds
post #6 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post
So the Audyssey "chirps" and the test tone white noise play on the appropriate speakers? Then you need to be looking at your source's settings.
Yes, the Audyssey chirps, and the white noise tone test works as well. I have a 4k HDR 82 inch TV, and Nvidia Shield. Is there some setting that I'm missing? There is no option for Atmos, just DTS, DTS+NX, and usual 2d/virtual modes. I'd think the DTS or DTS+NX would do it? I mean the info diagram shows all speakers as active, including the height speakers.

Think I'm missing something? Has there every been a "bad" chip before? Just curious what I could test and verify that others on this forum use for testing?
post #7 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Yes, the Audyssey chirps, and the white noise tone test works as well. I have a 4k HDR 82 inch TV, and Nvidia Shield. Is there some setting that I'm missing? There is no option for Atmos, just DTS, DTS+NX, and usual 2d/virtual modes. I'd think the DTS or DTS+NX would do it? I mean the info diagram shows all speakers as active, including the height speakers.

Think I'm missing something? Has there every been a "bad" chip before? Just curious what I could test and verify that others on this forum use for testing?
I don't have a Shield so I don't know what settings you would look for on that. You might get more reaction/suggestions in the 2017 Marantz thread though: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-s-thread.html

Sub builds: Yet another Infinity 1260 build | Twins! | Modified V.B.S.S. build | UM12-22 builds | AV stand and sealed UM18s

Speaker builds: DIYSG HTM-10 build | DIYSG Volt-6 build | DIYSG Fusion-8 builds
post #8 of 9 Old 06-27-2020, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmillan2 View Post
I don't have a Shield so I don't know what settings you would look for on that. You might get more reaction/suggestions in the 2017 Marantz thread though: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-s-thread.html
Ok thanks! I'll give it a whirl. Is there a source of audio that is easily playable from the internet to test?
post #9 of 9 Old 06-28-2020, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1697 Post(s)
Liked: 2015
Quote:
Ok thanks! I'll give it a whirl. Is there a source of audio that is easily playable from the internet to test?
Are you using HDMI interconnects? Are the sources connected to the TV and sent to the receiver via ARC, or to the receiver directly?

Lombardi said it:
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
My System (Edited Feb. 2020 to add 4K and Atmos updates)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Audio Theory, Setup, and Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page