AVS Forum banner
107K views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  455HO 
#1 ·

Welcome to the AVS Forum community! We're delighted you've decided to join over 1 million fellow enthusiasts who enjoy sharing their passion about audio/video gear and technology.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself in this thread. What are your particular interests—displays, sound systems, movies, video games? What gear do you have in your system now? What do you hope to get in the future?

Once again, welcome aboard; we look forward to seeing you in the forums!

Like AVS Forum on Facebook

Follow AVS Forum on Twitter

Follow AVS Forum on Google+

#1,865 · (Edited)
Hello all.

I'm a budding cinephile (and audiophile). I am interested in movies, music, And video games.
This is what I'm currently rocking:

Living room:

TCL R617 @ 7ft
Yamaha TSR-7810
Mitsubishi LT-90
Various game consoles including PS5
KLH 1206-T(front) @7ft / 22°
Klipsch RC-3 II Black (Center) @7ft
Fisher ST-830 (surround) @ 3ft / 110°
Klipsch R-15M (back surround) @ 1 ft / 150°
Polk T15 (front height) @7ft / 22° / 30° up
NHT SW2SI (front subwoofer) @ 9 ft / 45°
(Nobsound subwoofer amp)
Dayton Audio Sub-800 (rear subwoofer) @ 1 ft / 180°

All speakers set to small with 80hz crossover. Heights at 100hz
(wanting to set up rear heights...)

Office/recording studio:

Behringer Xenyx 1202USB
KRK Rokit 5
AKG k371
Audio-technica ath-m50
Shure sm57
AKG C134

I would love any tips on setup or good threads. Still have a lot to learn.
Also, I welcome recommendations for any UHD discs or concert films.
And is there a petition anywhere to bring speed racer to UHD-BD? 😁

#1,866 ·
Hello all,
I've been a lurker here for several years, but I wanted to get more involved as I begin to try and expand the quality of my home theater system. I am a regular poster over at Kscape owners forum using the same user name.
Here is a list of my system components and a few pictures.

Kaleidescape K5000 Server 64Tb's storage
M700 Vaults (2each)
Yamaha RX-A3060 Integrated Amp
Samsung 8500 4K Blue Ray Player
Sony PS4
Sony VPL-VW600ES 4K / 3D Projector
Klipsch Palladium Center, and Front Speakers
Klipsch RF 7 ii Surround & Klipsch RS 52 ii rear Surround Speakers
Klipsch front Atmos speakers
Bowers & Wilkens front and back Sub-woofers
Martin Logan Ceiling speakers for rear Atmos
As well as various other old School McIntosh, ADC, DBX, Marantz, analog audio components driven into Klipsch Cornwall II speakers for my aural pleasures...

I recently added the Atmos speakers and am getting excited about the upgrade in sound. So much so, I want to upgrade the Speakers. I'm not the original owner of this house, but during this experience, it has struck me that the wood panels / columns on the walls may have originally been intended for in wall speakers rather than just decorative accents. What do you think?

I've been doing some looking around and am thinking about several in wall speakers. Of course the ones I like are $3000 a piece and are out of my current budget. Does anyone have any suggestions for affordable options that would outdo the speakers I'm currently using?
I have learned a lot about the Kaleidescape system I've been using as my source for most of my video content over at Kscape owners, but I want to expand my horizons of the entire home theatre experience and I look forward to participating more in this forum as my HT journey continues.

Chris

Property Couch Television Interior design Television set
Brown Wood Shelf Shelving Wood stain
Furniture Property Table Television Interior design
Furniture Property Table Picture frame Television

#1,867 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Andy B, and I'm from the Newport RI area. I'm a total electronics junkie. Love everything electronic basically. And would be happy to list all my toys, but we might run out of server space. So I'll run down my main HiFi setup for now just to share a bit and give you an idea of what I like. I'll do this at the bottom BTW. And 2 channel HiFi is my main like BTW. I used to be a big TV, and movie guy. But with all this political nonsense going on. I feel like everything is Propaganda being tossed my way nowadays. So I've given that up. At least until things calm down, if they ever do.

Anyway. So yes 2 channel is my main thing ATM. And while I have an extensive list of vintage and new gear. My current project has been trying to put together a system with high end sound for pretty much the least money I can. But without leaving anything out, like cables for instance. So instead of going crazy on the best Audio Quest stuff or similar. I'll do something like Worlds Best Cables off Amazon. Which use the finest in pro audio cables and connectors instead. They're really nice IMHO.

Okay so that's enough about me. I'm not the type to talk about myself really. So here's the main parts of my setup ATM. And I do mean ATM. I have multiples of everything. So I swap stuff around like crazy in an attempt to get the sound I like.

Sanus HiFi rack
Project Streambox S2 Ultra (WiFi) streamer/transport
Topping D70s MQA DAC
Schiit Freya+ preamp
VTV Eigentakt Evaluation (Purifi) amplifier
Elac Carina bookshelf speakers on Monoprice stands

And that's just the beginning of it really. I'm not blown away by the amp. I was using a Crown XLS 1502 that I actually prefer for many reasons. I have a few other DACS, and my Schiit Bifrost 2 is neck and neck with the Topping. Do that's not definite, and I may add subs. I already have a pair of REL T Zeros that I use for my desktop. So I'll probably start there, and see how it goes. I've also got a Roon Core (Elac Discovery) but need to hard wire my transport to take full advantage of that. May add DSP too. As I have a MiniDSP SHD studio in my closet. Etc. Etc. Etc.

We'll see what happens. I'm in no rush and for me. The journey is the destination anyway. So hopefully it will always be a work in progress. As that's what I enjoy, and it keeps me out of trouble.

Okay so that's more then I ever thought I would ever write. Just want to thank everyone here for being a community that will let someone if my ilk in first. Lol
And second I want thank the guys behind the scenes. I really appreciate your effort. And just hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying themselves.

Thank you once again
Andy B

#1,879 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Andy B, and I'm from the Newport RI area. I'm a total electronics junkie. Love everything electronic basically. And would be happy to list all my toys, but we might run out of server space. So I'll run down my main HiFi setup for now just to share a bit and give you an idea of what I like. I'll do this at the bottom BTW. And 2 channel HiFi is my main like BTW. I used to be a big TV, and movie guy. But with all this political nonsense going on. I feel like everything is Propaganda being tossed my way nowadays. So I've given that up. At least until things calm down, if they ever do.

Anyway. So yes 2 channel is my main thing ATM. And while I have an extensive list of vintage and new gear. My current project has been trying to put together a system with high end sound for pretty much the least money I can. But without leaving anything out, like cables for instance. So instead of going crazy on the best Audio Quest stuff or similar. I'll do something like Worlds Best Cables off Amazon. Which use the finest in pro audio cables and connectors instead. They're really nice IMHO.

Okay so that's enough about me. I'm not the type to talk about myself really. So here's the main parts of my setup ATM. And I do mean ATM. I have multiples of everything. So I swap stuff around like crazy in an attempt to get the sound I like.

Sanus HiFi rack
Project Streambox S2 Ultra (WiFi) streamer/transport
Topping D70s MQA DAC
Schiit Freya+ preamp
VTV Eigentakt Evaluation (Purifi) amplifier
Elac Carina bookshelf speakers on Monoprice stands

And that's just the beginning of it really. I'm not blown away by the amp. I was using a Crown XLS 1502 that I actually prefer for many reasons. I have a few other DACS, and my Schiit Bifrost 2 is neck and neck with the Topping. Do that's not definite, and I may add subs. I already have a pair of REL T Zeros that I use for my desktop. So I'll probably start there, and see how it goes. I've also got a Roon Core (Elac Discovery) but need to hard wire my transport to take full advantage of that. May add DSP too. As I have a MiniDSP SHD studio in my closet. Etc. Etc. Etc.

We'll see what happens. I'm in no rush and for me. The journey is the destination anyway. So hopefully it will always be a work in progress. As that's what I enjoy, and it keeps me out of trouble.

Okay so that's more then I ever thought I would ever write. Just want to thank everyone here for being a community that will let someone if my ilk in first. Lol
And second I want thank the guys behind the scenes. I really appreciate your effort. And just hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying themselves.

Thank you once again
Andy B
how do you like the carina's? i've thought about a pair myself..

#1,873 ·
Just starting to build my system. Currently have LR KEF R11s, C KEF R2C, rear surround KEF R3s. Looking to add an Anthem AVM 70 pre/pro, D-Sonic 2ch for the fronts and Emotiva XPA-7 for the center and surrounds. Will get the KEF atmos speakers down the road. Also, cambridge 851n streamer to round it all out!

Appreciate any feedback!

#1,874 ·
Hi all,
I live in England and joined because you can never have too much knowledge
My current AV system is a 5.2.4 with ZTZ Cinema Series speakers & Arendal Sub 1’s, Arcam AVR550 with a Rotel 1075 power amp.
Some of the American gear is starting to reach our shores now so it will be nice to get real owners experiences.
Possibly looking at going pre/power amp in the future but happy with my setup for now.

#1,881 ·
Hello everyone! I am new to this posting, so please excuse if this isn't the right place to post. I have been a member of the AVS Forum for some time, but have been paying more attention to it lately so I consider myself "new".

I am a mechanical engineer and have been in the business for about 30 years. I have my own business located in Carlsbad, CA and we specialize in projector ceiling mounts. We just launched our best one yet and invite you to check it out here Projector Ceiling Mount. It's built of heavy duty steel and can hold upwards of 300 lbs. It is truly universal and compatible with most projectors. I personally designed it so it would be easy to install, easy to attach any projector, and made to last. Since this projector is universal, it can last you for years without replacing through every projector upgrade you get.
Check us out and let us know what you think! We are a small business, but can ship internationally. We are selling on Amazon, Newegg, and personally through out website.

#1,884 ·
I'm happy to be a member and look forward to learning from the wealth of information available in the forums. I came to this website because it looks like there are a lot of knowledgeable people willing to take their time to guys like me.

#1,888 ·
Hi there. In case you haven't seen these threads already, I think they should interest you a lot: