Acoustic Research XSight Remote - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 75Likes

post #1261 of 1262 Old 12-01-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3117 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuario74 View Post
I got home and went to look at the LED lights remote. It has IR but also says RF Wireless on it. When I press the buttons the IR turns red. But I can control the lights from another room so the receiver connected to the lights works using RF. Will be interesting to see if the Nevo C3 can learn this IR codes and then translate to RF somehow.
Trying to catch up.

- USB charging: Maybe. I've never tried

- RF control of LED lights: C3 has about 40 RF code sets built in for many home automation devices and lighting systems, one of which may work your lights directly without the hub. No, you can't learn IR and translate it to RF.

- FLIRC: Maybe. I've never tried it. The tricky part would be plugging it into your stick while still powering the stick over USB. This is what the IReTV is designed to do, and is plug and play. I think by the time you cobble together all the various adapters and splitters that you could have paid for the $23 IReTV. But it would be great to find out if it's possible. If you try it, let us know how it works out. Out of the box, FLIRC will use Microsft Windows Media Center codes.

Another note about FLIRC. I have used it with a FireTV box that has a normal sized USB port and separate power connection. Works fine. Problem with the stick is that is has a single, tiny USB port that must also supply power.
Usuario74 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1262 Old 12-01-2019, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
RE USB Charging a Google search got me to this:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/95...C3.html#manual

"Rechargeable battery with charging cradle (also USB chargeable)"
That would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuario74 View Post
I was thinking that basically would come down to decide if I want rechargeable battery vs using my Eneloops with the C2.
C3 means and extra plug taken by the charging base or maybe as I write this I never considered. Can the C3 be charged via the USB socket?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Acoustic Research , Harmony 1100 Remcontrol , Remotes And Controllers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page