Forum Jump: 
 150Likes

post #9511 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Really struggling with my Watch TV panel... I'm coming from a Harmony remote and we use DirecTV. My goal was to keep from having to swipe to additional pages for the majority of what I need access. My panel has everything I use most often but it's so tight & cluttered. Anyone out there who has an efficient Watch TV (DirecTV) panel out there that works well? I'd love to see screenshots for some different ideas. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by carillon View Post

Really struggling with my Watch TV panel... I'm coming from a Harmony remote and we use DirecTV. My goal was to keep from having to swipe to additional pages for the majority of what I need access. My panel has everything I use most often but it's so tight & cluttered. Anyone out there who has an efficient Watch TV (DirecTV) panel out there that works well? I'd love to see screenshots for some different ideas. Thanks

Use the Drawers.

post #9513 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj View Post

Use the Drawers.

Okay, I agree... one drawer could have volume up/down/mute. What do you think would be best to use the other drawer for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9514 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Okay, I agree... one drawer could have volume up/down/mute. What do you think would be best to use the other drawer for?
The default is to put your activities on the left. I posted my layout a few days ago.

post #9515 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The default is to put your activities on the left. I posted my layout a few days ago.

Thanks, I'll scroll back and check it out. I only have 4 activities so far so maybe I'll have a little room left on that drawer for something else useful. Thanks again!
post #9516 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2270 Post(s)
Liked: 1487
Anyone have Comcast XFinity IP commands?

Also, where do I find IP addresses for my Comcast boxes? I have a DVR and 3 HD boxes on the 'anyroom' DVR package.

I looked in settings and found what I thought were MAC addresses on my boxes but they are not on my router's device page.

Thanks!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #9517 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Anyone have Comcast XFinity IP commands?

Also, where do I find IP addresses for my Comcast boxes? I have a DVR and 3 HD boxes on the 'anyroom' DVR package.

I looked in settings and found what I thought were MAC addresses on my boxes but they are not on my router's device page.

Thanks!

The Comcast boxes are not IP controllable. That feature is disabled by Comcast.
post #9518 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon13 View Post

The Comcast boxes are not IP controllable. That feature is disabled by Comcast.

Serial commands?

Link to such?

Thanks!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #9519 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

Serial commands?

Link to such?

Thanks!

They are only IR controllable and the IR commands are in the iRule library.
post #9520 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:

They are only IR controllable and the IR commands are in the iRule library.

Hmmm. The app can control them. I can't imagine the Comcast X1 boxes cannot be controlled with serial commands... surprised.

post #9521 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 02:49 PM

I can't speak for the X1 system, but you mentioned the Anyroom DVR system which is what I have. And that system is definitely not controllable via IP or RS232.
post #9522 of 11660 Old 01-31-2014, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10

If anyone happens to be looking for the Comcast X1 IR commands, we shared a device on iRule, you should be able to find it searching under the vendor "Umbrella"

Ps. iI heard a rumor from a small birdy that the X1 boxes will be IP controllable in the future.

post #9523 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

I'm trying to reduce the "active" area of the Play button. How do I keep the button centered within the active area? Below is what happens when I change the width from 8 to 6. Thanks!

post #9524 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I'm trying to reduce the "active" area of the Play button. How do I keep the button centered within the active area? Below is what happens when I change the width from 8 to 6. Thanks!

You keep it at 8 or you increase/decrease the grid size of your page.

post #9525 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You keep it at 8 or you increase/decrease the grid size of your page.

Thanks for the reply... I've looked around and can find the grid setting. Where is it?

EDIT: Never mind... I found it.
post #9526 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
XBMC Now playing integrated in Irule URL

Ok here is what I did.

Here's how I did it.
I stripped the default xbmc web interface of everything I didn't need. I then resized/changed color of the cover art, duration, and titles.
I changed out the background and set the background to stretch to size.
I am no where near a css or html expert but it works.
Currently this webinterface must be set as your default interface. (I'm sure this can be fixed)
Here is the zip that you can install as a addon in xbmc, after installing make sure to set it as the default web interface.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1152568/webinterface.nowplaying.zip

The next thing needed is that you need to generate your own background so that it will match the background in your irule control.
This is a bit confusing but I will try to explain.

First take your background image in photoshop and select the portion that you want to cover with the now playing info.

Crop the image to show only the section you want to cover and save that image as urlbackground.png

Now upload that image to the irule builder and drag it to your remote and line it up so that it matches your background in irule.
We do this so that we can get the exact size/location of the url needed.

Once you have the exact size and location on the image, remove the image and drag an url onto the builder.
Set it to the same size/location and the image was and set the url (http://ipofxbmcbox)

We do this so that when the background of the webpage loads it appears to be part of the background of the irule remote.

Now take the image that your uploaded in the builder and replace the urlbackground.png image in the folder of the NowPlaying webinterface in XBMC's addon folder.
addons\webinterface.nowplaying\images\urlbackground.png.

Notes:
If you are good with css you may want to change the font color as I set it to match my irule style.
I will mess with re-sizing the Cover art and font to better fill the url section.
Like I mentioned I am no pro here, if you have an idea on how to make this scale better or look better feel free to edit it.
Hopefully this works for others.

Thanks!
post #9527 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Having a hard time understanding the grid, the button active area and the button position. I'm trying to reduce the size of the active area around some buttons. In the example below, I would like to be able to get the button in the center of the active area but I can't seem to find a way. When you reduce the size of the active area, how can I do it and keep the button centered?

This is what happens when I reduce the width & height in the properties. Thanks

post #9528 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:

Having a hard time understanding the grid, the button active area and the button position. I'm trying to reduce the size of the active area around some buttons. In the example below, I would like to be able to get the button in the center of the active area but I can't seem to find a way. When you reduce the size of the active area, how can I do it and keep the button centered?

The button is actually bigger then you see there. There is a blank area all around the button that makes it a square. Currently irule will only allow the active area of the button to start at the top left corner. If you want a smaller area around the button you will need to reduce the blank space inside a photo editing program.
post #9529 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by impmonkey View Post

Quote:

The button is actually bigger then you see there. There is a blank area all around the button that makes it a square. Currently irule will only allow the active area of the button to start at the top left corner. If you want a smaller area around the button you will need to reduce the blank space inside a photo editing program.

Thanks, I have a image editing program... Can I somehow export these buttons, edit and then import again?
post #9530 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I have a image editing program... Can I somehow export these buttons, edit and then import again?

Go to the browse images are where you can import the image libraries. Find the library containing the image your want and click the little eye on the right. This will bring up a preview window with the images that are inside the library hold control and click and drag the image you want to your desktop.

This is the only way I know of exporting the images out of the builder.
post #9531 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Go to the browse images are where you can import the image libraries. Find the library containing the image your want and click the little eye on the right. This will bring up a preview window with the images that are inside the library hold control and click and drag the image you want to your desktop.

This is the only way I know of exporting the images out of the builder.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
post #9532 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Ok here is what I did.

Here's how I did it.
I stripped the default xbmc web interface of everything I didn't need. I then resized/changed color of the cover art, duration, and titles.
Currently this webinterface must be set as your default interface. (I'm sure this can be fixed)
Here is the zip that you can install as a addon in xbmc, after installing make sure to set it as the default web interface.

The next thing needed is that you need to generate your own background so that it will match the background in your irule control.

First take your background image in photoshop and select the portion that you want to cover with the now playing info.

Crop the image to show only the section you want to cover and save that image as urlbackground.png

Now upload that image to the irule builder and drag it to your remote and line it up so that it matches your background in irule.

Once you have the exact size and location on the image, remove the image and drag an url onto the builder.
Set it to the same size/location and the image was and set the url (http://ipofxbmcbox)

We do this so that when the background of the webpage loads it appears to be part of the background of the irule remote.

Now take the image that your uploaded in the builder and replace the urlbackground.png image in the folder of the NowPlaying webinterface in XBMC's addon folder.

Notes:
If you are good with css you may want to change the font color as I set it to match my irule style.
I will mess with re-sizing the Cover art and font to better fill the url section.
Like I mentioned I am no pro here, if you have an idea on how to make this scale better or look better feel free to edit it.

Thanks!

Very cool. I still wish the folks at iRule although would make a module for XBMC that mimics the IOS app for XBMC. Hope that's down the pipeline...

post #9533 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyfrank View Post

Very cool. I still wish the folks at iRule although would make a module for XBMC that mimics the IOS app for XBMC. Hope that's down the pipeline...
Yeah that will probably happen about the same time we get an android update.
I have been waiting for both forever.
post #9534 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Yeah that will probably happen about the same time we get an android update.
I have been waiting for both forever.

Android app update is actually in Beta right now. With variables and multi-state images.

Alex
bryansj likes this.
post #9535 of 11660 Old 02-01-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post

Android app update is actually in Beta right now. With variables and multi-state images.

Alex

Does that mean it will be on par with the iOS version?
post #9536 of 11660 Old 02-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Does that mean it will be on par with the iOS version?

From functionality perspective, aside from the modules, it should be. With the exception of Wake-On-Lan and UDP.

Alex
post #9537 of 11660 Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:

From functionality perspective, aside from the modules, it should be. With the exception of Wake-On-Lan and UDP.

Alex

I am using UDP and WOL on android. Have been forever.
post #9538 of 11660 Old 02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am using UDP and WOL on android. Have been forever.

WOL as a command not part of the gateway.
post #9539 of 11660 Old 02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ok here is what I did.

Here's how I did it.

Notes:

Thanks!

Can I just delete URLBACKGROUND.PNG if I do not want any background at all?

Alex
post #9540 of 11660 Old 02-02-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Can I just delete URLBACKGROUND.PNG if I do not want any background at all?

Alex

Sure it will show as a white background instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page