149Likes

post #11611 of 11653 Old 03-28-2019, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoftumble View Post
Here are the instructions from the iRule library for the "Amazon Fire TV IP Control" and most likely what I was referring to in my previous post. I didn't retain that screenshot. So, the burning question is did you do step #1 ?

1) Enable ADB Debugging (Settings > System > Developer Options OR Settings > Select My Fire TV > Developer Options > Turn on ADB Debugging
2) Use a Network Gateway with port 5555.
3) You need to execute the INITIALIZE CONNECTION code before the Fire TV will respond to commands (add the code to the entrance of your FireTV page)
Thanks again for responding (and being so detailed). Unfortunately I think that this is a problem that can't be solved. I'm beginning to think that the codes for the Firetv device in Irule will only work with a Firetv and NOT the Fire stick (the Fire stick comes with a physical remote control - which is what I'm trying to control through Irule). I haven't been able to find any references online to anyone being able to control the Fire stick remote control through Irule.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11612 of 11653 Old 03-28-2019, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by snodric View Post
Thanks again for responding (and being so detailed). Unfortunately I think that this is a problem that can't be solved. I'm beginning to think that the codes for the Firetv device in Irule will only work with a Firetv and NOT the Fire stick (the Fire stick comes with a physical remote control - which is what I'm trying to control through Irule). I haven't been able to find any references online to anyone being able to control the Fire stick remote control through Irule.
Just found this.

https://www.universalremotes.net/how...d-pendant.html

Could use the ir above and then use itach to ir to control?
post #11613 of 11653 Old 03-28-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Just found this.

https://www.universalremotes.net/how...d-pendant.html

Could use the ir above and then use itach to ir to control?
Thanks! I think that this could certainly work. Quite a bit of a 'workaround' but doable. I'll order the materials and let you know .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11614 of 11653 Old 03-28-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Quoted: 2717 Post(s)
Liked: 2476
Quote:
When the AppleTV 4K finally offered Amazon Prime, I didn't need my Firestick anymore, so I gave it to my son. However, I was controlling the Firestick, and not the Fire TV using the previously mentioned Fire TV device driver in the iRule library. I was able to put the Firestick remote away and simply use my iRule/On Controls panel/handset.

So, I'm a bit confused as to why you are trying to control the remote for the Firestick, rather than the Firestick itself?

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #11615 of 11653 Old 03-28-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
When the AppleTV 4K finally offered Amazon Prime, I didn't need my Firestick anymore, so I gave it to my son. However, I was controlling the Firestick, and not the Fire TV using the previously mentioned Fire TV device driver in the iRule library. I was able to put the Firestick remote away and simply use my iRule/On Controls panel/handset.

So, I'm a bit confused as to why you are trying to control the remote for the Firestick, rather than the Firestick itself?
Sorry, I must've explained it poorly above. I am totally trying to do what you appear to have done : control the Firestick through Irule. The Fire TV devices driver in the iRule library isn't working for me. I think that I've set everything up correctly, but I simply cannot get it to work. Here's what I did :

1. Created a new panel
2. Imported the Device from the iRule Builder called 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control'
3. Dropped buttons onto the new panel that are the same as on the Firestick remote control
4. Dragged and dropped the Network Codes from the 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control' Device in iRule onto the appropriate corresponding buttons on the new panel.
5. Created an 'Entrance' on the new panel and dropped the 'Initialize Connection' Network Code from the 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control' Device in iRule onto the Entrance.
6. Went to settings on the Firestick (using the Remote Control from the Firestick) and enabled ADB Debugging.
7. Saved all of this in the Builder.
8. Synced to my iPad in iRule.
9. Went to Gateways in iRule and tapped on 'Edit' and then added a new Network Gateway.
10. Under Network, for Devices: 'Connect devices' I chose 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control'
11. Under Gateway Configuration,
a) for Name: I gave it a name
b) for IP Address : I gave it the IP address 192.168.1.211 (which it is shown as having in 'About' in the Firestick setttings)
c) for Port : I gave it 5555
12. Saved the Gateway configuration.

Go back to the new panel in iRule.

None of the buttons on the panel are working...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong
post #11616 of 11653 Old 03-28-2019, 10:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, I must've explained it poorly above. I am totally trying to do what you appear to have done : control the Firestick through Irule. The Fire TV devices driver in the iRule library isn't working for me. I think that I've set everything up correctly, but I simply cannot get it to work. Here's what I did :

1. Created a new panel
2. Imported the Device from the iRule Builder called 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control'
3. Dropped buttons onto the new panel that are the same as on the Firestick remote control
4. Dragged and dropped the Network Codes from the 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control' Device in iRule onto the appropriate corresponding buttons on the new panel.
5. Created an 'Entrance' on the new panel and dropped the 'Initialize Connection' Network Code from the 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control' Device in iRule onto the Entrance.
6. Went to settings on the Firestick (using the Remote Control from the Firestick) and enabled ADB Debugging.
7. Saved all of this in the Builder.
8. Synced to my iPad in iRule.
9. Went to Gateways in iRule and tapped on 'Edit' and then added a new Network Gateway.
10. Under Network, for Devices: 'Connect devices' I chose 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control'
11. Under Gateway Configuration,
a) for Name: I gave it a name
b) for IP Address : I gave it the IP address 192.168.1.211 (which it is shown as having in 'About' in the Firestick setttings)
c) for Port : I gave it 5555
12. Saved the Gateway configuration.

Go back to the new panel in iRule.

None of the buttons on the panel are working...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong
It certainly looks like you've set everything up correctly. I don't have a newer gen Firestick to independently test functionality. When you are in the Firestick panel, is the gateway status indicator ( lower right corner ) green? I'm guessing yes. You might want to try and force quit the iRule app and relaunch. That will sometimes clear out cobwebs.

The other possibility is that the control codes have changed since that device driver was created. There are new security and authorization requirements that came out in Android OS 4.2.2. Basically two stage authentication, in which you have to send a response to a query that you can't see. That's most likely the issue. If there's an IR solution, that is probably the best way to go.

LG OLED65C7P 4-20-19 Calibration SDR/HDR/DV FW 05.80.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57928994
VIZIO M70-D3 Calibration SDR/HDR FW 3.4.8.15: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...l#post55595700
post #11617 of 11653 Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
It certainly looks like you've set everything up correctly. I don't have a newer gen Firestick to independently test functionality. When you are in the Firestick panel, is the gateway status indicator ( lower right corner ) green? I'm guessing yes. You might want to try and force quit the iRule app and relaunch. That will sometimes clear out cobwebs.

The other possibility is that the control codes have changed since that device driver was created. There are new security and authorization requirements that came out in Android OS 4.2.2. Basically two stage authentication, in which you have to send a response to a query that you can't see. That's most likely the issue. If there's an IR solution, that is probably the best way to go.
Yes, the Gateway indicator is green (and is green as I tap all the various buttons on the panel). Tried quitting and relaunching - no change. I think that either the codes have changed, or the new security/authorization requirements (or some other reason) is why it isn't working.

Seems like the Inteset IReTV USB IR Receiver is the only workaround, creating and IR signal and then converting it via a Global Cache box and sending it to the Fire stick via the Inteset IReTV USB IR Receiver.
post #11618 of 11653 Old 03-30-2019, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Is this a Fire Stick 4K device as opposed to the original Fire Stick? If so, I don’t think there is a way to control over IP.

John
post #11619 of 11653 Old 03-30-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjjen View Post
Is this a Fire Stick 4K device as opposed to the original Fire Stick? If so, I don’t think there is a way to control over IP.

John
No, it is just the regular Fire Stick.
post #11620 of 11653 Old 04-11-2019, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
Has anyone figured out how to get kodi to work again after updating to V18 Leia. I found very little info other than to change the gateway to post instead of get. That didn't work for me. The other info I found claims the JSON commands are the same.
Yes!

After a lot of tinkering, I finally got it to work. Incidentally, if you have a Vera IoT device, another option is to create scenes using CURL instructions, and then pointing iRule to the scenes. The advantage of that approach is the ability to incorporate other remotes (i.e. point any given remote to the Vera scenes corresponding to each action).

In the meantime, here's what you need to know:

How to get iRule working with Kodi v18.1 (Leia)

1. Configured gateway as NETWORK gateway type, using your favorite mobile device. Set the protocol to TCP.
2. Set port number to the Kodi Web Socket (default: port 9090)
3. Create a Device handler in iRule Builder
4. Go back into your gateway manager (on mobile device) and tap configuration button. Add Kodi device to the new gateway.
5. Back in iRule Builder, add a new Device Code to the Kodi device tree in iRule

Enter your Device Code URLs in this format: 

Code:
jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Up", "id":1}
If you have any existing HTTP gateways for Kodi, you may need to remove them to get it all to work properly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My HT build: The Final Frontier

Quiet Glue: Why Not to Use It
post #11621 of 11653 Old 04-12-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I have seen Kramer Control mentioned here a few times as a potential alternative to iRule. So I thought I'd post here that I have started a thread here.

____
Axel

post #11622 of 11653 Old 04-12-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
I have seen Kramer Control mentioned here a few times as a potential alternative to iRule. So I thought I'd post here that I have started a thread here.

Definitely worth mentioning, since KC acquired iRule's IP and dev staff. I'll say, I do like some of what Kramer offers, but I am still personally hanging on to software-driven custom remotes as long as possible! Otherwise, you're stuck with a single source for both hardware and software. If that company goes bust, you may be S.O.L. (though perhaps not much different from the current situation with iRule, which will be obsolete in 2 years).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post #11623 of 11653 Old 04-21-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 275
In the On Controls Builder is there a way to allow each customer to have access to edit their own handset? There is a setting "Account Locked" which I set to "no" thinking that might allow access to only that handset via the customer's "Username" and "Password" but that does not appear to work.

Thank you!

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
post #11624 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis View Post
In the On Controls Builder is there a way to allow each customer to have access to edit their own handset? There is a setting "Account Locked" which I set to "no" thinking that might allow access to only that handset via the customer's "Username" and "Password" but that does not appear to work.

Thank you!
I think you left out a step in this process. See #2 :

1) Unlock the account as you have already done.
2) Next, provide your customer with the On Controls BUILDER URL ( NOT the Manager URL ): https://builder.oncontrols.com/login.html
3) Finally, provide the customer with the User Name and Password for their account. They will only be able see their particular project.

post #11625 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3289 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Geek View Post
Definitely worth mentioning, since KC acquired iRule's IP and dev staff. I'll say, I do like some of what Kramer offers, but I am still personally hanging on to software-driven custom remotes as long as possible! Otherwise, you're stuck with a single source for both hardware and software. If that company goes bust, you may be S.O.L. (though perhaps not much different from the current situation with iRule, which will be obsolete in 2 years).

So are they going to finish irule all together in 2 years? Does that mean we dont have access to irule builder ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

God Bless!
Equipment: Bose Soundbar; 1951 Philco Model 50-T701 Black and White tabletop TV;Projection :HANIMEX ZOOM 8 MM PROJECTOR
post #11626 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
So are they going to finish irule all together in 2 years? Does that mean we dont have access to irule builder ?

Correct. Yes and Yes.

post #11627 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Correct. Yes and Yes.

Thanks, anything else out their that is similar to irule that is still kicking?

God Bless!
Equipment: Bose Soundbar; 1951 Philco Model 50-T701 Black and White tabletop TV;Projection :HANIMEX ZOOM 8 MM PROJECTOR
post #11628 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Home Remote looks promising. I have not tried it yet.

Windows / iOS / Android compatible

post #11629 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Home Remote looks promising. I have not tried it yet.

Windows / iOS / Android compatible

Thank you will check it out

God Bless!
post #11630 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
I think you left out a step in this process. See #2 :

1) Unlock the account as you have already done.
2) Next, provide your customer with the On Controls BUILDER URL ( NOT the Manager URL ): https://builder.oncontrols.com/login.html
3) Finally, provide the customer with the User Name and Password for their account. They will only be able see their particular project.
Cool! The Builder URL is the same as the Manager URL. Actually, https://builder.oncontrols.com redirects to https://builder.oncontrols.com/manager.html#main. But if I use your URL with "login.html" as you specify, it works.

Many thanks!

M = Mega, m = milli. K = Kelvin, k = kilo. B = Bytes, b = bits. G = Giga, g = gravity. Dan in Saint Louis
post #11631 of 11653 Old 04-22-2019, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
A few of us have switched to Demopad. Thread right here AVS Demopad thread

Cheers,
giomania and Franin like this.
post #11632 of 11653 Old 05-14-2019, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Yes!

After a lot of tinkering, I finally got it to work. Incidentally, if you have a Vera IoT device, another option is to create scenes using CURL instructions, and then pointing iRule to the scenes. The advantage of that approach is the ability to incorporate other remotes (i.e. point any given remote to the Vera scenes corresponding to each action).

In the meantime, here's what you need to know:

How to get iRule working with Kodi v18.1 (Leia)

1. Configured gateway as NETWORK gateway type, using your favorite mobile device. Set the protocol to TCP.
2. Set port number to the Kodi Web Socket (default: port 9090)
3. Create a Device handler in iRule Builder
4. Go back into your gateway manager (on mobile device) and tap configuration button. Add Kodi device to the new gateway.
5. Back in iRule Builder, add a new Device Code to the Kodi device tree in iRule

Enter your Device Code URLs in this format: 

Code:
jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.Up", "id":1}
If you have any existing HTTP gateways for Kodi, you may need to remove them to get it all to work properly.

I can confirm that this works with Kodi V18. The Gateway needs to be configured as IP. In the gateway configuration TCP should be selected and yes it does use port 9090 not 8080 for the remote control. The username is kodi and password blank unless you have changed it.
post #11633 of 11653 Old 05-14-2019, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
A few of us have switched to Demopad. Thread right here AVS Demopad thread
Apple only. Significant limitation for some folks.

post #11634 of 11653 Old 05-14-2019, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Apple only. Significant limitation for some folks.
Ahh yes.

Must remember to add that caveat to future recommendations.

Cheers,
post #11635 of 11653 Old 05-15-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Access to Irule Builder

How do I access my Irule builder account? I have not tried since October 2018. The old link doesn't work.

I thought the servers are still up for use by licensed former customers?

Last edited by Glimmie; 05-15-2019 at 03:50 PM.
post #11636 of 11653 Old 05-15-2019, 04:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post
How do I access my Irule builder account? I have not tried since October 2018. The old link doesn't work.

I thought the servers are still up for use by licensed former customers?
http://builder.iruleathome.com/intro.html

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #11637 of 11653 Old 05-15-2019, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Yes, that's the link I use but when I select "log into Irule builder" I get:

This site can’t be reached The webpage at https://appengine.google.com/_ah/con...kg.&authuser=0 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED
post #11638 of 11653 Old 05-15-2019, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This URL is working for me:

https://builder.iruleathome.com/iRule.html

I authenticate via Google and it's working fine for me.
post #11639 of 11653 Old 05-15-2019, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive View Post
This URL is working for me:

https://builder.iruleathome.com/iRule.html

I authenticate via Google and it's working fine for me.
What do you mean by authenticate? If I click on the link you listed, I get that same error message.

Now I am trying at work where we have very deep internet security, but this did work before so I don't think it's that?
post #11640 of 11653 Old 05-15-2019, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post
What do you mean by authenticate?
Users need to log in somehow, and at the time I set my account up it required that you use your Google account to access the builder. So when I hit that URL it asks me for my Google user name/password and then drops me into the builder screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Denon , Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver , Sharp Aquos , Lcd Hdtv , Receivers Amplifiers , Philips Pronto Tsu7000 The Intelligent Remote Control For Home Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page