Originally Posted by sonoftumble
When the AppleTV 4K finally offered Amazon Prime, I didn't need my Firestick anymore, so I gave it to my son. However, I was controlling the Firestick, and not the Fire TV using the previously mentioned Fire TV device driver in the iRule library. I was able to put the Firestick remote away and simply use my iRule/On Controls panel/handset.
So, I'm a bit confused as to why you are trying to control the remote for the Firestick, rather than the Firestick itself?
Sorry, I must've explained it poorly above. I am totally trying to do what you appear to have done : control the Firestick through Irule. The Fire TV devices driver in the iRule library isn't working for me. I think that I've set everything up correctly, but I simply cannot get it to work. Here's what I did :
1. Created a new panel
2. Imported the Device from the iRule Builder called 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control'
3. Dropped buttons onto the new panel that are the same as on the Firestick remote control
4. Dragged and dropped the Network Codes from the 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control' Device in iRule onto the appropriate corresponding buttons on the new panel.
5. Created an 'Entrance' on the new panel and dropped the 'Initialize Connection' Network Code from the 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control' Device in iRule onto the Entrance.
6. Went to settings on the Firestick (using the Remote Control from the Firestick) and enabled ADB Debugging.
7. Saved all of this in the Builder.
8. Synced to my iPad in iRule.
9. Went to Gateways in iRule and tapped on 'Edit' and then added a new Network Gateway.
10. Under Network, for Devices: 'Connect devices' I chose 'Amazon Fire TV IP Control'
11. Under Gateway Configuration,
a) for Name: I gave it a name
b) for IP Address : I gave it the IP address 192.168.1.211 (which it is shown as having in 'About' in the Firestick setttings)
c) for Port : I gave it 5555
12. Saved the Gateway configuration.
Go back to the new panel in iRule.
None of the buttons on the panel are working...
Not sure what I'm doing wrong