Roomie Remote - Page 62 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 83Likes

post #1831 of 2411 Old 11-03-2015, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for the advice. I'll check the manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 2411 Old 11-08-2015, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking between iRule and Roomie(SimpleControl) for a new house build, and want to be able to essentially power on TVs with the phone as well. I understand that MOST Tvs(I've got older Samsung TVs and am pleased with them) don't support Power on/off over IP. I have been looking for a "simple" solution and think, without having to run two different adapters, a chrome cast with HDMI-CEC and the Anynet+ function of the Samsung will get what I am after, then I just need to add a delay and switch to the input I'm looking for. I haven't purchased TVs yet as we don't have space for storage, but would like to get this figured out before I start wiring the house(ground is being broken tomorrow). Thanks in advance!

Matt
post #1833 of 2411 Old 11-08-2015, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I possibly just answered the question for myself, but will look back at the Irule option as controlling more than 3 devices requires an annual subscription...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 2411 Old 11-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Having issues getting my SimpleControl set back up on a new iPad.
My old iPad is still in use but I started by uninstalling SimpleControl from it. I then did a factory reset and a restore on it using a post uninstall backup.

On the new iPad, I installed SimpleControl and began setting up devices. I have had no issues at all with any of my other devices.

That was until I got to my Denon AVR-X4100W.
I originally used the auto discovery as it showed up just fine with the correct MAC.
When I attempted to test the remote with the receiver, I just get red log entries for commands I tried.

My receiver has the latest firmware and SimpleControl is up to date.
I have also tried manual ip config with no luck.

Everything worked fine on the previous device but now the receiver doesn't.

Help me AVS forum, you're my only hope.

I keep confusing my intentions with my abilities.
The Blank Slate Cinema/MacGillvray Pub Build Thread
post #1835 of 2411 Old 11-13-2015, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have been using simple control or roomie remote for some time now. After going back and forth between this and iRule I think i have settled on simple control.

I was thinking about stepping in to the arena of light control and outlet control. I am familiar with automation as my company sells Crestron but I can't afford that. I was looking to see what smart hub everyone is using for lighting control and even more? Thanks
post #1836 of 2411 Old 11-16-2015, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcj7 View Post
I have been using simple control or roomie remote for some time now. After going back and forth between this and iRule I think i have settled on simple control.

I was thinking about stepping in to the arena of light control and outlet control. I am familiar with automation as my company sells Crestron but I can't afford that. I was looking to see what smart hub everyone is using for lighting control and even more? Thanks
I'm using Insteon with an ISY994i as my controller. So far so good except that I can't quite get the feedback working through on my Simple Control interface. I purchased the ISY994i primarily as a lighting controller for my theater. But as an added bonus, I've been slowly adding more and more home automation throughout the rest of my house. Cool stuff!
post #1837 of 2411 Old 11-16-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA View Post
I'm using Insteon with an ISY994i as my controller. So far so good except that I can't quite get the feedback working through on my Simple Control interface. I purchased the ISY994i primarily as a lighting controller for my theater. But as an added bonus, I've been slowly adding more and more home automation throughout the rest of my house. Cool stuff!
I have looked in to the ISY994i and it looks like it is a solid contender. You are using the Insteon switches with this? Also can you use other light switches with it?
post #1838 of 2411 Old 11-17-2015, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgfy6 View Post
I possibly just answered the question for myself, but will look back at the Irule option as controlling more than 3 devices requires an annual subscription...
Deal breaker for me too. I also preferred the older model where I could make a one time $20 payment and add the 10 device pack.
post #1839 of 2411 Old 11-17-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
I have looked in to the ISY994i and it looks like it is a solid contender. You are using the Insteon switches with this? Also can you use other light switches with it?
I purchased the ISY994i w/ the Z-wave add-on (because I have a couple of Schlage z-wave door locks). I guess I could use Z-wave switches, but setup is a little more straight forward with Insteon. All of my light switches, dimmers and scene controllers are Insteon. Keep your eyes open for sales this time of year.

The knock on the ISY994i is that it doesn't have a great interface or mobile app. But, it's compatible with several apps. including Simple Control. It's also incredibly powerful, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

Now, if I could just get the darn feedback to work on SC, I'd be a really happy camper.
post #1840 of 2411 Old 11-17-2015, 06:57 AM

What the heck is up with the Simple Control forums?

I've tried to post several messages over the last week or so and none have appeared.
post #1841 of 2411 Old 11-17-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I purchased the ISY994i w/ the Z-wave add-on (because I have a couple of Schlage z-wave door locks). I guess I could use Z-wave switches, but setup is a little more straight forward with Insteon. All of my light switches, dimmers and scene controllers are Insteon. Keep your eyes open for sales this time of year.

The knock on the ISY994i is that it doesn't have a great interface or mobile app. But, it's compatible with several apps. including Simple Control. It's also incredibly powerful, and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface.

Now, if I could just get the darn feedback to work on SC, I'd be a really happy camper.
what feedback issues are you having? Also have you tried the insteon light bulbs? If so how are they
post #1842 of 2411 Old 11-17-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
what feedback issues are you having? Also have you tried the insteon light bulbs? If so how are they
I can't get Simple Control to show the current brightness levels or to allow me to control the lights with sliders. I can, however, issue discrete commands like "scene on," "brighten," "dim," etc. and those work perfectly.

I haven't tried the Insteon light bulbs, sorry.
post #1843 of 2411 Old 11-18-2015, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
RoomRemote De-evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLTFUL View Post
Help me AVS forum, you're my only hope.
i had the same issues, only for me it was with a Sony TV. I did the delete, factory reset, download app, restore from DropBox backup routine, similar to what you did. That seemed to work.

The problem occurs when they update code sets, at least that was my experience.

Send them a message from within the app and a tech will get in touch with you.

BTW - RoomieRemote has really gone downhill, seemingly since they were renamed to SimpleControl.
post #1844 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 04:32 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I've tried to post several messages over the last week or so and none have appeared.
In my experience, the Roomie forum is heavily moderated. If they don't like your post, it will be silently discarded. If you post a "why are my posts being deleted?", you may get a PM with an explanation.

You cannot post anything remotely negative or competitive.

Ask me how I know.
post #1845 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by atebit View Post
In my experience, the Roomie forum is heavily moderated. If they don't like your post, it will be silently discarded. If you post a "why are my posts being deleted?", you may get a PM with an explanation. You cannot post anything remotely negative or competitive. Ask me how I know.
Agreed, the developer seems to have some real ego/personality issues. Never a good sign when it comes to something as complicated as a customizable remote program. That right there lead me to drop any intention of using the product. No way I'm signing on to use something that's going to be arbitrarily hamstrung because the developer's a thin-skinned prima donna. Been there, done that before... no thanks.

Some folks are fine with being bullied, I'm not. That kind of treatment, and censorship in general, has no place when it comes to product support.
rramacha and joelb727 like this.
post #1846 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
Agreed, the developer seems to have some real ego/personality issues. Never a good sign when it comes to something as complicated as a customizable remote program. That right there lead me to drop any intention of using the product. No way I'm signing on to use something that's going to be arbitrarily hamstrung because the developer's a thin-skinned prima donna. Been there, done that before... no thanks.

Some folks are fine with being bullied, I'm not. That kind of treatment, and censorship in general, has no place when it comes to product support.
I agree 100% but still use the product.

Two reasons:

1. Being lazy to learn iRule or cheap to get Control 4

2. Not encountered any real issue yet.

Cheers
Pain Infliction likes this.
post #1847 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Honestly, I wouldn't let negative posts on my forum in my company either. How could that help a company?.....It doesn't, just hurts it. I don't blame him for that. However, their customer support is questionable and not up to my standards. I am grandfathered into the old way of the app to where I don't pay for the remote every month, so I am staying for now. No reason for me to change either because it works. If I were paying a monthly subscription, I might reconsider though. My $.02

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #1848 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2506 Post(s)
Liked: 2027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't let negative posts on my forum in my company either. How could that help a company?.....It doesn't, just hurts it. I don't blame him for that. However, their customer support is questionable and not up to my standards. I am grandfathered into the old way of the app to where I don't pay for the remote every month, so I am staying for now. No reason for me to change either because it works. If I were paying a monthly subscription, I might reconsider though. My $.02
Well, covering up legitimately bad support is not conducive to good business...word gets out, such as on a very popular forum as this, and potential new customers will think longer and harder about purchasing.

It's very bad business to do that. Deal with legitimate problems openly, and you have a much more loyal customer base. If you have negative posts (legitimate) you should spend efforts fixing the causes of the negativity rather than covering them up.

They answer what they want and ignore the rest...I'm like you, grandfathered in, and things generally work well for me, but there have been guide and other issues I've emailed repeatedly about, and they are ignored.

So they set me up to look at an alternative solution when one comes about.

Since they were bought, I hoped things would have improved in this regard, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
rramacha likes this.

UPDATED 4/29/17 Thrang's Home Theater (for now...)
Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #1849 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The reality is that I can't remember the last time we moderated down something anyone would call a "negative" post. Probably not this year anyway, it's very rare. People don't come to our forums to post "negative" stuff.

What they do come to our forums for is to post the exact same things we get as support tickets all the time. Such posts sound like this, "I have device X, Y, and Z. I am using a Simple Blaster. I am trying to figure out which emitter to use or which infrared port or which device to select to work with what I have. Does anyone know what's going on?" The reason this is a problem, and the reason 99%+ of messages that don't get moderated up are a problem is because the forum would be totally useless if we let all that go live, and most importantly the user would not be able to get the proper analysis from us that would solve the issue far more quickly via the kinds of diagnostics we can only do in support. You'd have 10 pages of redundant support tickets cluttering the forums with responses that say "You should contact support for that." before you encountered one useful post. This happens very often, many times a day, and every 6 months someone decides to post somewhere and say we don't moderate well and then the same guy who has attacked us since 2011 posts again.

Meanwhile, the forums have been mostly down for the last month or two as we transitioned to a new website. Moderation is nobody's real job so it has always been slow. We're focused on real support tickets, which is not slow and we do a good job on that with fast turnaround and accurate analysis. In most cases, we let people who don't get moderated up know that their issue should be submitted to support, but with the forums in a transition state for months that part has not been happening as it should. We've kept the forums read-only for some of that time to clarify that nothing was going to get moderated up, but as of the last few days most of the new forums and moderation tools are generally working now for the first time since September. Note that we did post before this transitions started about exactly what was going on, in the forum.

Also, we were not "bought". We changed names and revamped the website and product line. That's it. We also hired some industry experts such as the founder of Sanus to help expand. Roomie was a nice name, I still like it, but this was the right time to move to a name that was more appropriate.

Sometimes conspiracies/motivations that one reads about in forums really are the kind of made up nonsense that it seems like they are. Everything in this space has both detractors and competitors. Keep that in mind when reading pretty much anything.

Funny enough, one of the reasons I added forums to the Roomie website in 2012 is because AVSForum was too heavily moderated and at the time there were byzantine rules over where/whether I could post some things. So I understand the concept that moderation can be annoying. But for our purposes on the Simple Control forums, moderation to filter out support tickets and redirect them to actual support remains something I think 100% of visitors benefit from even if it means I need to come here every year or two and clarify it again.

Thanks,
- Will
post #1850 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So Will I have emailed multiple times well over a year that your guide is not correct for Directv NHL Center Ice channels in HD. I've not seen this fixeded not ever gotten a response.

Essentially, most, though not all, HD channels for this package are the dash (or dot) 1 channels; i.e. 772-1, or as your guide seems you show in other areas, 772.1

The guide does not let me add those dash channels, only the whole number channels, so I can never tune directly to the HD version of a game

This should be a simple fix, either adding those to the guide selection or the ability to key in any custom channel you want, and name it.

The range is 769 to 787.

I don't watch other sports, but it's quite likely this exists for NBA, NFL, and MLB packages as well.

Can you post here if you will address this?

Sony VPL-VW5000es • Panamorph Paladin DCR • Trinnov Altitude 16 • Crown DCIn amplifiers • JBL M2 (LCR-LW-RW) • JBL S2S-EX subwoofers x2 • JBL SCL-4 (side/rear surrounds) • JBL SCS12 (x4) SCS8 (x2) TH/RH/TM • Lumagen Radiance Pro • Panasonic UB820 • Apple TV 4k • Synology RAID (45 TB total storage) • RTI control system
post #1851 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 151
The key mistake being "I think 100%". Clearly that didn't cover the 100% of actual customers and interested users. 100% of the ideal sheep, perhaps. And it's hard to argue against the claims of everyone being happen, when any form of dissention is deleted.

Unsupervised, healthy dialog between customers helps everyone grow. Not just for sheltering fragile developer egos or the vendor's "purposes". Wear your tinfoil hat in your own forums, there's no conspiracy here.

Moderating developers shilling products, however, is important. There are means for which those garnering revenue from commercial activities can support forums. Vendors often balk at this.

So, please, don't come here blaming us.
post #1852 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Channel lineups are controlled by Rovi. When something comes into support related to a Rovi lineup issue, we forward it on to Rovi. If there is some kind of resolution, we report it back – it's very rare we get informed when lineup issues are resolved. Just another case where it's critical to contact support so that we have a ticket to track it. Before we moved to tickets and real support people about a year ago, it was to say the least harder to track support requests.

It's impossible to get out of the current support system now without some kind of resolution or at least ability to track the issue. Note that forwarding something to Rovi does not mean they will agree with our/your request for a specific type of channel guide information. For instance, they do not provide Pay Per View channel content typically. It sounds likely the specific channels you're referencing could be considered PPV. In those cases, the channels should be in the lineup, but the metadata for programs is likely to be empty. Missing channels for any reason is always something they fix, the question is the metadata which they're unlikely to change.

There is by the way also an initial response when submitting a support ticket just so you have the ticket number, etc. If you don't receive that, it implies a technical issue. You may want to try a different submission method – the Contact Support button in the app is usually best. I've seen the most issues with Yahoo email in terms of filtering problems, so you might want to try another provider as well if you use that if you don't receive a quick reply.

Thanks,
Will
post #1853 of 2411 Old 11-19-2015, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi all,

I apologize, I'm sure this has all been covered, but there are 60+ pages of thread at this point -- If someone can answer the following it'll give me a good sense of whether I should look elsewhere.

I am looking to control a couple things in my house with simple control:

1. Multiple (10+) stereo zones -- maybe using a niles mrc-6430, although I'm open to any switches that work well with the remote
2. A streaming source or two, maybe a fusion OMS-2 or something similar
3. zwave doorlocks, HVAC, garage doors, lights

The main thing is the whole-house audio, I would like to be able to control the Pandora/Spotify source from inside the app (pick channels, see what's available, etc), and also see the metadata as the song plays (song title, cover art, channel name, etc).

I would also like to be able to control all the zones in an easy and efficient manner (i.e. one page per zone might be overkill, instead maybe 1 or 2 pages with a few lines/buttons per zone)

Also, I would love to be able to control HA stuff (locks, HVAC, lights) from outside the home using the same app.

Are all of these things possible/easy to do with a professional looking result?

Thanks a lot in advance,
--Carey
post #1854 of 2411 Old 11-20-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphers72 View Post
The reality is that I can't remember the last time we moderated down something anyone would call a "negative" post. Probably not this year anyway, it's very rare. People don't come to our forums to post "negative" stuff.

What they do come to our forums for is to post the exact same things we get as support tickets all the time. Such posts sound like this, "I have device X, Y, and Z. I am using a Simple Blaster. I am trying to figure out which emitter to use or which infrared port or which device to select to work with what I have. Does anyone know what's going on?" The reason this is a problem, and the reason 99%+ of messages that don't get moderated up are a problem is because the forum would be totally useless if we let all that go live, and most importantly the user would not be able to get the proper analysis from us that would solve the issue far more quickly via the kinds of diagnostics we can only do in support. You'd have 10 pages of redundant support tickets cluttering the forums with responses that say "You should contact support for that." before you encountered one useful post. This happens very often, many times a day, and every 6 months someone decides to post somewhere and say we don't moderate well and then the same guy who has attacked us since 2011 posts again.

Meanwhile, the forums have been mostly down for the last month or two as we transitioned to a new website. Moderation is nobody's real job so it has always been slow. We're focused on real support tickets, which is not slow and we do a good job on that with fast turnaround and accurate analysis. In most cases, we let people who don't get moderated up know that their issue should be submitted to support, but with the forums in a transition state for months that part has not been happening as it should. We've kept the forums read-only for some of that time to clarify that nothing was going to get moderated up, but as of the last few days most of the new forums and moderation tools are generally working now for the first time since September. Note that we did post before this transitions started about exactly what was going on, in the forum.

Also, we were not "bought". We changed names and revamped the website and product line. That's it. We also hired some industry experts such as the founder of Sanus to help expand. Roomie was a nice name, I still like it, but this was the right time to move to a name that was more appropriate.

Sometimes conspiracies/motivations that one reads about in forums really are the kind of made up nonsense that it seems like they are. Everything in this space has both detractors and competitors. Keep that in mind when reading pretty much anything.

Funny enough, one of the reasons I added forums to the Roomie website in 2012 is because AVSForum was too heavily moderated and at the time there were byzantine rules over where/whether I could post some things. So I understand the concept that moderation can be annoying. But for our purposes on the Simple Control forums, moderation to filter out support tickets and redirect them to actual support remains something I think 100% of visitors benefit from even if it means I need to come here every year or two and clarify it again.

Thanks,
- Will
Hi Will,
Over the past week, I've attempted to post several rather benign (imho) messages that have not appeared (username is canson173). Should I hang tight, try again or are my messages being moderated for some reason -- I haven't received any feedback to that effect?
post #1855 of 2411 Old 11-20-2015, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphers72 View Post
Channel lineups are controlled by Rovi. When something comes into support related to a Rovi lineup issue, we forward it on to Rovi. If there is some kind of resolution, we report it back – it's very rare we get informed when lineup issues are resolved. Just another case where it's critical to contact support so that we have a ticket to track it. Before we moved to tickets and real support people about a year ago, it was to say the least harder to track support requests.

It's impossible to get out of the current support system now without some kind of resolution or at least ability to track the issue. Note that forwarding something to Rovi does not mean they will agree with our/your request for a specific type of channel guide information. For instance, they do not provide Pay Per View channel content typically. It sounds likely the specific channels you're referencing could be considered PPV. In those cases, the channels should be in the lineup, but the metadata for programs is likely to be empty. Missing channels for any reason is always something they fix, the question is the metadata which they're unlikely to change.

There is by the way also an initial response when submitting a support ticket just so you have the ticket number, etc. If you don't receive that, it implies a technical issue. You may want to try a different submission method – the Contact Support button in the app is usually best. I've seen the most issues with Yahoo email in terms of filtering problems, so you might want to try another provider as well if you use that if you don't receive a quick reply.

Thanks,
Will
Your customers relationship is with Simple Control, not Rovi, so we can only press on you for the fix.

The guide shows the fill channels, but not the dash/dot 1 channels. If they simply,add that to the channel selection list, that a two year old issue will be resolved. (So not just 777, but 777.1 for example...but for all sorts channels

Their guide does show the games, so they support those channels, it's just not complete and accurate for HD. Channel access.

This should be very easy.

post #1856 of 2411 Old 11-20-2015, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Simple Service Question

So I have a question about the Simple Service. If I just want to use the app with the simple blaster to transmit IR codes to my equipment, do I need to pay a monthly fee for this, or can I buy the 10 Device pack for $19.99? Also, the in-app purchase has two subscription levels - $1.99 and $16.99. What do each of these do? Thanks in advance!

Taylor'd Theater

I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes!
post #1857 of 2411 Old 11-22-2015, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
think one must be a monthly amount and the other annual.
post #1858 of 2411 Old 11-23-2015, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgfy6 View Post
Simply not true.
There is no annual subscription with iRule. Basic license ($50) gets you 15 devices included with no subscription. The pro license ($100) gets you 25 devices included. If you run into issues where you need more devices than that, you can purchase extra devices. You never have to pay any kind of annual subscription. I've been using iRule for 5 years and have been very pleased with it and the support offered by the company. It's not for everyone but if you're one to customize your remote to no end then iRule might be the one for you.
post #1859 of 2411 Old 11-23-2015, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner View Post
Simply not true.
There is no annual subscription with iRule. Basic license ($50) gets you 15 devices included with no subscription. The pro license ($100) gets you 25 devices included. If you run into issues where you need more devices than that, you can purchase extra devices. You never have to pay any kind of annual subscription. I've been using iRule for 5 years and have been very pleased with it and the support offered by the company. It's not for everyone but if you're one to customize your remote to no end then iRule might be the one for you.
He was referring to the Simple Control (aka Roomie Remote) pricing model.
post #1860 of 2411 Old 11-23-2015, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckloss View Post
Hi all,

I apologize, I'm sure this has all been covered, but there are 60+ pages of thread at this point -- If someone can answer the following it'll give me a good sense of whether I should look elsewhere.

I am looking to control a couple things in my house with simple control:

1. Multiple (10+) stereo zones -- maybe using a niles mrc-6430, although I'm open to any switches that work well with the remote
2. A streaming source or two, maybe a fusion OMS-2 or something similar
3. zwave doorlocks, HVAC, garage doors, lights

The main thing is the whole-house audio, I would like to be able to control the Pandora/Spotify source from inside the app (pick channels, see what's available, etc), and also see the metadata as the song plays (song title, cover art, channel name, etc).

I would also like to be able to control all the zones in an easy and efficient manner (i.e. one page per zone might be overkill, instead maybe 1 or 2 pages with a few lines/buttons per zone)

Also, I would love to be able to control HA stuff (locks, HVAC, lights) from outside the home using the same app.

Are all of these things possible/easy to do with a professional looking result?

Thanks a lot in advance,
--Carey
Hi all,

Can anyone answer this? Appreciate any info!

At the minimum, I would like to know whether I can see & select my pandora (or other streaming source) channels and then see what's currently playing (metadata) from inside the app.

If I have to go to a second app to select music, then back to roomie to change volume, sources, etc, that's a deal breaker, and I won't bother downloading the app...

Thanks,
--Carey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page