Forum Jump: 
 86Likes

post #2431 of 2436 Old 10-19-2019, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hello

I just want to share my experience with Version 6.

I was able to upgrade to Version 6 on on my new iPhone pro 11 with no issues and for major part it worked very good. As I had a subscription through the old simple control, I turned off background refresh on that app, but kept that so dont have to pay subscription again.

On my IPAD it was quite different story. This never worked. I deleted the app reinstalled at least 20 times. I will get duplicate homes and was just a heart break.

Yesterday I was very frustrated and finally said hell with it and deleted the old app, paid one year subscription in the new app again and ran the set up. Knock on wood it now works on both my iPad and iPhone with no issues. Having not to deal with Simple Hub on my Mac is a big thing for me.

I still dont have Siri integration working. When I ask Siri to launch activity, it does launch both on my iPad and iPhone, but nothing turns on. I am not sure if its a user error. I may try to read their documentation next week (week end have to help In-laws).

I did not test Alexa yet. I will try that as well, mostly next week or later tonight once everyone sleeps.

Just want to share my experience with Version 6 so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2436 Old 11-03-2019, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 214
V6 is a big improvement for me, Denton tcp volume sync from multiple remotes seems very solid so far. Alexa working for the first time in two years (had atv hub). Tcl tv power on discrete fixed. Set up iPad mini 2 as primary and so far so good.
post #2433 of 2436 Old 11-21-2019, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
4.5.8 cable channel guide not working

Early adopter here - bought Roomie at version 1.6.1 in 2012 along with the Home Theater, IR Control and HD Guide Packs to replace various Harmony and Monster Cables remotes. At the time, this was supposed to be a one-time purchase - yeah right... I’ve been desperately clinging to version 4.5.8 which still functions, but a few days ago the channel guide went dark. This has always been a key feature for me. “Restore purchases” has no effect. Anyone else in the same situation? What alternatives are there that have comparable channel guide displays?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2434 of 2436 Old 11-30-2019, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, All. For someone running SC version 4.5.x, is an upgrade to version 5, but not version 6, still viable as of December 2019? For example, are subscriptions to version 5 still available for purchase, the program guide still works, etc. I've not found a published statement about an end of life date for version 5. Version 5 is working well for me at this point- not sure if I want to suggest a friend move from 4.5 to 5 or skip 5 and move to 6. Thanks.
post #2435 of 2436 Old 11-30-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone help me sort SC version 5 and power off for new Samsung TV? I just replaced an older Sony TV with a 2019 Samsung Q7DR.

Everything is working well except for the SC Power Off Activity. After a successful power off routine from Simple Control, everything turns off, including the TV, but two seconds later the TV powers back on and TV immediately displays live content from the last used source (like Apple TV 4K or Xfinity X1) and the audio changes over to the TV's internal speakers.

I'm new to ARC and I think ARC feedback is causing the Samsung TV to immediately power on again after shut down. I have enabled ARC because I want higher quality audio from the Samsung TV's built-in apps than Optical audio provides.

Key: when ARC is enabled on Yamaha TSR-7850, you cannot set power off pass through to OFF. You can only choose Auto.

My Activities are Watch Apple TV, Watch Xfinity TV, Watch Blu-Ray, Watch FireTV, Watch Samsung TV. I am using up to date firmware on Samsung, Yamaha, ATV, etc.

Right now I have one single Power Off Activity in Simple Control. Maybe I need to have specific power off routines for each Activity, telling each appropriate source to Sleep or Power Off, so that no signal flows at Yamaha power off pass through. Yet I don't see a Sleep command for Apple TV 4K Device.

Any tips for wrangling this maze? Thanks.
post #2436 of 2436 Old 12-04-2019, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by rldillon View Post
Early adopter here - bought Roomie at version 1.6.1 in 2012 along with the Home Theater, IR Control and HD Guide Packs to replace various Harmony and Monster Cables remotes. At the time, this was supposed to be a one-time purchase - yeah right... I’ve been desperately clinging to version 4.5.8 which still functions, but a few days ago the channel guide went dark. This has always been a key feature for me. “Restore purchases” has no effect. Anyone else in the same situation? What alternatives are there that have comparable channel guide displays?

I am still using 4.5.8 (one time purchase...) and I understand your frustration. Options that used to work have been disabled one after the other, forcing users to pay again to keep the app functional. It happened to me when the owner (illegally?) removed the ability to backup the app configuration using dropbox more than a year ago. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with the channel guide as I do not use that option...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Yamaha Rx V2065 Receiver , Tivo , Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Denon Avr 1912 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page