Pioneer iCONTROLAV2 app Error code B27102 Fix. - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 50 Old 11-22-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked: 665
I think it has something to do with OS8. Once I updated all of my iDevices to OS8.1.1, I can't use the Pioneer app control nor can I use Oppo app control either.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo
ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED & WifiHifi Magazines
my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 12-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
any News?

Neither my iphone nor ipad can control my 1021 anymore. What a problem Anyone figured this out yet since switching to IOS8?
post #33 of 50 Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Same issue here....can't connect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 50 Old 12-29-2014, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
The "5" version seems to work for most of the features.

Last edited by scottb8888; 12-30-2014 at 04:46 AM.
post #35 of 50 Old 12-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb8888 View Post
The "5" version seems to work fro most of the features.
Not for me....B27102 error...
post #36 of 50 Old 02-20-2015, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
After installing iOS 8.1.3 I've got the error. After trying a bunch of things with the iPad without any success, I ended up unplugging my AVR and turned the hardswitch on my network off. Waited a minute, and turned everything back on. Presto.

I'm still positive it's Apple iOS8 that caused the problem, never had an issue prior to the os update plus 8 has been in general severely problematic ever since it debut.

Sony 75W850C 1080p LED
Pioneer Kuro 5010FD 1080p plasma

Last edited by BriS2K; 02-20-2015 at 05:47 AM.
post #37 of 50 Old 03-22-2015, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ok, so I had issues with iControlAV 2012, and iControlAV5 (that supports new and old models) controlling my SC-67, and I was getting all sorts of errors and nothing I tried worked. finally I found this solution posted on What Hifi, that worked for me!

Recommended Solutions:
Turn on the Pioneer receiver. Make sure that there is an ethernet cable connected between the Wi-Fi router and the receiver. Make sure there is no firewall preventing access. Unplug power to the router, then turn power off to the receiver and lastly get out of the iControlAV application. Plug in power to the router and wait a minute, then turn on the receiver and wait 20 seconds and lastly run the iControlAV application. Make sure that the receiver can see the Wi-Fi router, to check network settings in the receiver go into the "Home Menu", "System Setup" then Network Setup."

I turned POWER off to receiver (not just turn off/standby), turned router off, then turned router on, turned Firewall OFF, then turned power back to the Receiver... it then worked PERFECTLY on both iControlAV 2012, and iControlAV 5. I then went back to my router (Asus N66), and turned Firewall back ON, and it's still working fine. So, turning Firewall On/Off may not be required in all cases.

Hope this helps, it was driving me nuts!

Pioneer Elite SC-67, B&W 805S/XTC/M1/PV1, Pioneer Elite Kuro 111FD, Elite BDP-05FD
post #38 of 50 Old 04-10-2015, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Icontrol fix

If the app worked @ some point and now just wont connect i.e error codes then heres a simple fix. First unplug your avr from the wall, then reinstall the app, plug up avr, and boom you should be back in business.
post #39 of 50 Old 05-27-2015, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb76 View Post
Ok, so I had issues with iControlAV 2012, and iControlAV5 (that supports new and old models) controlling my SC-67, and I was getting all sorts of errors and nothing I tried worked. finally I found this solution posted on What Hifi, that worked for me!

Recommended Solutions:
Turn on the Pioneer receiver. Make sure that there is an ethernet cable connected between the Wi-Fi router and the receiver. Make sure there is no firewall preventing access. Unplug power to the router, then turn power off to the receiver and lastly get out of the iControlAV application. Plug in power to the router and wait a minute, then turn on the receiver and wait 20 seconds and lastly run the iControlAV application. Make sure that the receiver can see the Wi-Fi router, to check network settings in the receiver go into the "Home Menu", "System Setup" then Network Setup."

I turned POWER off to receiver (not just turn off/standby), turned router off, then turned router on, turned Firewall OFF, then turned power back to the Receiver... it then worked PERFECTLY on both iControlAV 2012, and iControlAV 5. I then went back to my router (Asus N66), and turned Firewall back ON, and it's still working fine. So, turning Firewall On/Off may not be required in all cases.

Hope this helps, it was driving me nuts!
Did this stay "fixed"? I don't want to go through the gyrations if I'm going to go nuts. Thanks!
post #40 of 50 Old 06-06-2015, 06:36 AM

I think the app doesn't work because my VSX 80 keeps dropping off the network, even though it's wired to the router. Any ideas on cause/prevention?
post #41 of 50 Old 06-28-2015, 07:47 AM

Maybe this helps

I stopped using the App to power on and power off the receiver, and use the remote instead. I still use the App to control volume and other functions. No problems since, and it's been a few weeks.

Maybe the on/off command from the App affects the network connection?
post #42 of 50 Old 11-20-2015, 02:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahzz View Post
Did this stay "fixed"? I don't want to go through the gyrations if I'm going to go nuts. Thanks!
I saw this 5mos late, YES it stayed fixed till now, works great now.

Pioneer Elite SC-67, B&W 805S/XTC/M1/PV1, Pioneer Elite Kuro 111FD, Elite BDP-05FD
post #43 of 50 Old 11-22-2015, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Resetting make it work temporarily

Yes, powering off the receiver and taking out the power cord make the network standby work only for a little while, but after the receiver spends a few hours in standby, it becomes unreachable again and you have to do the power-off/disconnect-fro-power dance again.

This is not an app problem. The app cannot connect because the receiver is not on the network and it would not even respond to pings.

This seems to be a networking problem that affects all Pioneer receivers. Mine is still under warranty, but Pioneer wants me to ship the receiver to another city 100 miles away to have it fixed. The problem is that I'm sure the technicians will turn on the device and it would work but they would not bother leaving the receiver in standby for few hours for the problem to resurface.
post #44 of 50 Old 11-25-2015, 11:53 AM

Static IP address solved the problem

I've had this problem with my Pioneer receiver for a long time.
Finally what fixed it was assigning a fixed IP address to it.

I think when the DHCP lease expires and the receiver is in standby mode, it cannot renew the lease and becomes unreachable.
post #45 of 50 Old 03-03-2016, 11:43 AM

One more solution is to check that your tablet/phone are connected to the same network as your amp. My router is dual band and my tablet was connected to 5 ghz when I should have been connected to the 2.4 ghz. Even though my amp is wired into the network this solved the problem for me.
post #46 of 50 Old 11-27-2016, 10:05 PM

Finally figured out what was wrong in my configuration. My network configuration consists of multiple routers - about 4 ~ 5 of them. Those that were involved in this specific problem were the main router that is connected to the cable modem, to which the receiver was connected via physical Ethernet wire, AND a wireless router through which my wireless devices (including the iPhone on which I was running iControlAV5) connects to the network. The cause was the wireless router. It was set up to "Deny" access to new devices by default in its "Access Control" page under "Advanced Setup" section. This controls how new devices trying to connect to the network will be allowed / disallowed access, usng their MAC addresses. I thought it only applies to wireless devices. Strangely enough, this setting also affected access to the "new" Pioneer SC-85 I connected to the network through Ethernet cable. When I added the MAC address of the SC-85 receiver to "allowed" device list, it started working! My iControlAV5 could find it. I also believe this will also allow SC-85 to find media servers on my intranet devices.

It wasted my past 3 days!!! I could not find anyone having same problem, because of the same cause. I was just lucky that I wanted to check everything before giving up.

I believe some of the people seeing the same symptom on this and other similar threads sharing the same cause as mine. I hope this helps them and save their time. Good luck, everyone!
post #47 of 50 Old 11-07-2018, 05:36 PM
ECH
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesiss View Post
HI,

I use the iControlAV2012 which is pretty much the same and has the same issues as many of the other versions. Something that do that seems to work is the following:

- obviously make sure that first your network recognizes your receiver.
- Turn on the network standby (off by default), that setting is for accessing the controls such as internet radio on another zone should the receiver be powered off. It also allows your icontrol app to access the reciever if it is off or goes into standby mode
- Install the app on your mobile device
- Get the IP address of the receiver either through the onscreen interface in the network settings or from your network firewall app. Both will be the same. Something to keep in mind, I've had to do a complete power off my reciever and reset my router because unrelated internet issues so the IP will change on the receiver. For the most part this shouldn't be an issue
- Open the iControl app on your device and goto the IP settings for the device and enter the IP address from the onscreen menu you got previously and save it in there.

Now, here's the lame fix that seems to work. I will get that error even if you close the app and restart it, even once the IP has been entered.

The simple fix for the app to work, shut down the device and restart it.

Once you restart the device, open up the app and it will work. I've found this to be the fix on the android version, on Samsung devices as well as other mobile devices that are using the android version.

Hope that helps someone out.
I was linked here through a google search on this issue. This post is correct. You have to turn the receiver off. Then unplug it for 10 seconds. Plug it back and and AVControl works again.

Thank you for this post. Because I still use AvControl. I understand this is an old post but I still use my Pioneer receiver and, unfortunately, in order to fully access it's spec'd peek wattage you have to use AvControl's FingerEQ. You don't have to max it out IMO. But I thought, after all this time, and after 10 or so firmware updates they would incorporate it into the AV itself. But nope, nothing.
post #48 of 50 Old 12-29-2018, 02:15 PM

Pioneer Elite SC-71. Having issues with the app and receiver. As other posts have described, I am having issues with the icontrol app working after the receiver has been in standby mode. If I unplug it (receiver) for a few minutes then the app works fine but reverts back again to same issues after in standby mode. I have always ran this as a static IP setup on the receiver but have seemed to have ongoing issues with icontrol. The amp has also always been hardwired to my Ubiquiti ERLite router.

Anyway, suffice to say... I'm ready to give up on anything Pioneer. This is the 2nd Elite device I have owned, first one had an HDMI issue and is packed up in my furnace room. It's been a struggle off & on with network connectivity & the icontrol app for the last several years.
Time to move on to Yamaha hardware....

Last edited by Spaxz; 12-29-2018 at 06:42 PM.
post #49 of 50 Old 06-01-2019, 01:06 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I had the same problem. I had my Pioneer LX89 connected to my router via a Devolo DLAN Powerline + Ethernet Switch. I have replaced this connection with a simple WiFi repeater and used the repeater LAN bus to connect it with an ethernet cable to the Pioneer LX89.
This immediately solved all my problems. No disconnect since then. I also use the fix IP adress in the pioneer settings.
It seems that the pioneers are reacting very sensitive on any network extensions like the powerline + switch. So try to connect to the router as direct as possible.
post #50 of 50 Old 06-15-2019, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The problem is the router. When it reboots it sometimes assigns a new IP address to devices connected to it. Also if the receiver loses power and reconnects to the router, it can get a new IP address.

You need to enter the new IP address in the IC app.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 1021 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver , Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page