Controller option for TV in a Large Room - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a tv above the fireplace in a large open family room/kitchen. I have an IR setup for my hidden components in the pantry. I can only control the TV in certain areas of the room because of the limitation to the IR on the TV. I'm wondering if anyone can give me a good option that would fix my issues and allow me to run the tv from anywhere in the room. I have RF downstairs and it works really well, but I'm not too sure if there is an option to control my tv with RF upstairs. Ideal would be an RF remote that controls the TV using RF, and also works with my current IR setup for the hidden components. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Hi there,

Aaron from CommandFusion here. You could use some of our products to achieve your goal.

You could possibly use an IR blaster to control the TV (its hard to tell without knowing the room setup) http://www.commandfusion.com/irblaster.html
The IR blaster can take a signal from your control device (what is it?) and then flood the room with the IR signal, making sure that the TV always received the IR commands.

You could then maybe use some IR emitters from the IR blaster to control your setup in the pantry.

Feel free to email me at aaron (at) commandfusion.com if you like.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM

RTI remotes can be programmed to output IR directly from the remote, and communicate via RF,ZigBee, or WiFi(depending on the remote) at the same time. Very reliable and proven product too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page