Harmony Ultimate, Smart Control and Hub - Page 143 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 185Likes

post #4261 of 4285 Old 03-29-2020, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just Realised when I power off any activity, it does not switch off Optomo UHD projector as it requires to press power off twice?
any idea how to achieve using Harmony Ultimate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4285 Old 03-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Wadhwa View Post
Just Realised when I power off any activity, it does not switch off Optomo UHD projector as it requires to press power off twice?
any idea how to achieve using Harmony Ultimate?
You can either remove the requirement for a second button press to power off in the settings of the OPTOMA projector or ensure that you have the proper projector setup in the HARMONY app. I am using the hub with an optoma UHD51A and the harmony recognizes the need for this projector to have a double press right out of the box. In fact, I've owned 4 OPTOMA projectors and every one of them powered down the same way so if your model is showing correctly in the app, you may want to choose another similar projector.
post #4263 of 4285 Old 03-29-2020, 05:14 PM

I just added the harmony ultimate to my setup and am having a lot of fun customizing it and integrating it with google home.

I've pretty much read through this entire thread but have somehow missed any discussion of whether or not it is advisable to leave the remote docked in the cradle when not in use.

I'm aware that the battery is not replaceable, but I love the idea of always placing the battery in the holder so that I know exactly where it is the next time I go down to watch a movie. Will this shorten it's overall life?

OPTOMA UHD51A 4K projector + Elite Screens 100" 16X9 screen
ONKYO TX-NR787 ATMOS/DTS X in a 7.2.2 configuration
PARADIGM Monitor 7s L+R, CC350 Center, Monitor 3 X4, Mini Monitor X2
PARADIGM PS1000 X 2 + ENERGY CS12 (near field)
4 X Dayton Audio TT25-16 PUCK tactile transducers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4264 of 4285 Old 03-29-2020, 06:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
I just added the harmony ultimate to my setup and am having a lot of fun customizing it and integrating it with google home.

I've pretty much read through this entire thread but have somehow missed any discussion of whether or not it is advisable to leave the remote docked in the cradle when not in use.

I'm aware that the battery is not replaceable, but I love the idea of always placing the battery in the holder so that I know exactly where it is the next time I go down to watch a movie. Will this shorten it's overall life?
The battery is replaceable. Just some work.
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...mote-batteries

Bump charging that limits capacity in a range of 40 to 80% may increase life. Conservative estimate and not easily done. You'll likely find varying suggestions from who cares to battery college quotes. I started with the leaving on cradle concept but switched to bump charging as needed.

If not concerned and replacing when diminished, don't worry about it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
crutzulee likes this.

Last edited by brotony; 03-30-2020 at 01:28 AM.
post #4265 of 4285 Old 03-29-2020, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutzulee View Post
You can either remove the requirement for a second button press to power off in the settings of the OPTOMA projector or ensure that you have the proper projector set up in the HARMONY app. I am using the hub with an optoma UHD51A and the harmony recognizes the need for this projector to have a double press right out of the box. In fact, I've owned 4 OPTOMA projectors and every one of them powered down the same way so if your model is showing correctly in the app, you may want to choose another similar projector.
Thanks for the tip, I am using Optoma UHD50 , Can you do me a favor showing me the pic of Hub that you are using I bought it 2 years back and have some 2-3 Ir , one has Logitech written on it, i just want to check if its same, also advise for UHD50 do you recommend the model which will fit in
post #4266 of 4285 Old 03-30-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Wadhwa View Post
Thanks for the tip, I am using Optoma UHD50 , Can you do me a favor showing me the pic of Hub that you are using I bought it 2 years back and have some 2-3 Ir , one has Logitech written on it, i just want to check if its same, also advise for UHD50 do you recommend the model which will fit in
This is the model I have.

https://www.google.com/search?q=harm...w=1366&bih=663

My HUB says HARMONY on the top but I'm sure it's the same as yours. I've owned a few 650's over the years. Some had HARMONY some had LOGITECH written on them. They were all identical in form and function.

Your projector is identical to mine with the exception that mine is black and has a few ALEXA related upgrades(?). The codes built into the Harmony database should account for the fact that 2 POWER signals are required to shut it off. I would try removing the projector and then re-adding it in the software. If that doesn't work, use the codes for my projector UHD51A.
Sgooter likes this.
post #4267 of 4285 Old 04-05-2020, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Is anyone else having trouble with You tube TV and their harmony remote on ATV? The back button stopped working on that app but works on everything else.
post #4268 of 4285 Old 04-05-2020, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdylan1966 View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with You tube TV and their harmony remote on ATV? The back button stopped working on that app but works on everything else.
From the ATV forum, remove the Harmony Bluetooth remote from Apple TV 4K settings and add it back again from the Harmony app. Edit the Harmony activity- Bluetooth connectivity.

Do that and you'll find Harmony back button is working again. The fix is there already but requires remove and add again.

post #4269 of 4285 Old 04-05-2020, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have a harmony ultimate and hub that seem to be bricked. Resetting both, does no good. The remote says place remote in cradle after resetting. Connecting to PC does no good. Trying to establish a connection to hub via the IOS app errors with Error 1000. Googled this and it seems there is no fix. I tried the harmony app on two different iPhones with same error (E1000).

I was planning on picking up a new 950 and just using it with the hub from the ultimate. Now, it seems I need the Elite as I do need the Hub to control my gear.

Any help/insight appreciated! Thank you,
post #4270 of 4285 Old 04-05-2020, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotony View Post
From the ATV forum, remove the Harmony Bluetooth remote from Apple TV 4K settings and add it back again from the Harmony app. Edit the Harmony activity- Bluetooth connectivity.

Do that and you'll find Harmony back button is working again. The fix is there already but requires remove and add again.

Thank you for the info and quick reply! Much appreciated
post #4271 of 4285 Old 04-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post
I have a harmony ultimate and hub that seem to be bricked. Resetting both, does no good. The remote says place remote in cradle after resetting. Connecting to PC does no good. Trying to establish a connection to hub via the IOS app errors with Error 1000. Googled this and it seems there is no fix. I tried the harmony app on two different iPhones with same error (E1000).

I was planning on picking up a new 950 and just using it with the hub from the ultimate. Now, it seems I need the Elite as I do need the Hub to control my gear.

Any help/insight appreciated! Thank you,
Have you tried forget hub and setup as new? It's important if using this method to use the connect option rather than setup as new option.

I replaced my router this weekend and found that necessary (forget hubs, setup new hub option on mobile app, but connect using recent sync data once joined on my new network- last step is a detailed warning read before committing to option).

But one hub wouldn't pair a remote afterwards, though connected to my network with green status, failed pair every time. Rebooted the hub, waited for green status, pressed the reset pair button, got flashing red light and paired the remote successfully this time. This did work but oddly there was a delay. I was giving up, pressed several buttons and suddenly the TV was showing several remote options in succession taking place moments later. Working fine now. Paired the backup remote too.

post #4272 of 4285 Old 04-05-2020, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdylan1966 View Post
Thank you for the info and quick reply! Much appreciated
You're welcome. Did it work?

post #4273 of 4285 Old 04-06-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotony View Post
You're welcome. Did it work?

It did. Thanks. Just removed the device and reinstalled. Worked like a charm
brotony likes this.
post #4274 of 4285 Old 05-14-2020, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nvidia Shield with Harmony Elite and JVC projector
Hello I saw in one of the strings you were having an issue with you harmony remote shutting off your jvc projector when using the Nvidia. I am having the same issue in my theater room and it is driving me crazy. It has taken over my life trying to figure this out, lol.. in my watch tv with a Roku premier it works perfect, but in my other activities with Nvidia no shut off of projector. If you can let me know how you solved the issue, thanks in advance. Following components;

JVC DLA-X790R
MARANTZ SR-8012
2017 NVIDIA SHEILD
ROKU PREMIER
post #4275 of 4285 Old 05-16-2020, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Looking for Hub help

Gentlemen, looking for a little Harmony Hub help. I have a dedicated theater with equipment rack outside. I purchased a Harmony Hub to use with my Ipad Mini so I can control equipment from inside the theater room. It was easy enough to set up the Hub, download app, create account, add devices and create activities. My two activities are "watch a movie" and "watch apple tv". My frustration is when I go to devices via the app on the Ipad, the icons are all laid out linearly and not grouped like you would see on a remote. It's much slower to navigate as you're not used to seeing all of the control buttons laid out this way, so you are kind of left hunting and pecking. I cannot figure out how or if you can get the icons arranged in a different manner when you're in a specific device??? If not possible, would getting a Harmony remote to pair with the Hub solve that problem. Thanks much for any guidance.

JVC X550R /Panny UB820/GIK treatments
Elunevision 140" 2.35
Marantz AV8802a/Wyred4Sound 7-channel amp
Outlaw 5000/ 4 JBL 328Cs in ceiling/ 7.2.4 Atmos
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds(4)/Dual PSA TV36 iPals
post #4276 of 4285 Old 05-16-2020, 01:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 187
I do not believe that you can "arrange" the device icons, but why do you need to go to Devices often. You should be able to just use the Watch Movie or Watch ATV, and add all the device commands you regularly use to those activities?
post #4277 of 4285 Old 05-16-2020, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Under "watch a movie" activity, the device commands control the Panasonic 4k player and the finger gestures can control the Marantz volume.....that all works fine. Under the "watch apple TV" activity, the device commands do not control the Apple TV, but I can still control the Marantz volume with the finger swipes. Do you know how I can assign the device commands to the Apple TV under that activity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
I do not believe that you can "arrange" the device icons, but why do you need to go to Devices often. You should be able to just use the Watch Movie or Watch ATV, and add all the device commands you regularly use to those activities?

JVC X550R /Panny UB820/GIK treatments
Elunevision 140" 2.35
Marantz AV8802a/Wyred4Sound 7-channel amp
Outlaw 5000/ 4 JBL 328Cs in ceiling/ 7.2.4 Atmos
JTR 3TX LCRs/Single8 HT-LP surrounds(4)/Dual PSA TV36 iPals
post #4278 of 4285 Old 05-16-2020, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Under "watch a movie" activity, the device commands control the Panasonic 4k player and the finger gestures can control the Marantz volume.....that all works fine. Under the "watch apple TV" activity, the device commands do not control the Apple TV, but I can still control the Marantz volume with the finger swipes. Do you know how I can assign the device commands to the Apple TV under that activity?
If your Apple TV uses the Siri remote, you can get additional controls that will work in the watch Apple TV activity with Bluetooth control through the Harmony hub.

You may need to add the device, redo the activity and edit activity to control the Apple TV with Bluetooth. Harmony app will walk you through it. But here's a link to get you started.
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...e-tv#appleTVBT

I think you can edit the layout on the virtual remote but I prefer a remote with buttons so I'm not looking at a screen and pressing virtual buttons. But there are advantages iOS users have over Android users with keyboard and device control. I'm not fully aware is those, using Android.

If you have the older Apple TV, you my just need to redo the activity anyway. If you have device control in devices, you should have it in activities too. Your setup isn't very complex so either shouldn't take much time to do.

post #4279 of 4285 Old 05-16-2020, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
While in the activity, in the app, go to Menu>>Edit/Reset>>Edit Buttons
KevinH likes this.
post #4280 of 4285 Old 05-17-2020, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Does anybody knows if the Harmony remote can control the Comcast DTA in custom paired mode ?
The Comcast DTA has a mode where you can pair it with 1 remote, you have to enter code shown on screen and then the control goes over Bluetooth or Wireless.
post #4281 of 4285 Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Guys I have a really frustrating problem, I've set up my Harmony with my HTPC as a Microsoft Media PC SE. I want to be able to launch the tidal app from my desktop using my remote.

So first I go to the Tidal app properties and I go to set a shortcut but the options are very limited, almost all of them seem to be cntrl+alt+ 'x'

Where 'x' can be a number of different keys.

Absolutely none of them work when I map that command to my remote.

The only command that works for me right now via shortcut is Emby which I have mapped to shift+F10.

Maybe the remote has problems with shortcuts requiring more than two keys?

Can somebody please tell me how to configure this remote to get these hotkeys working.

LG B6 (Chad B. calibrated)
Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Custom HTPC/Emby WMC/MPC-BE/MadVR
post #4282 of 4285 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by annisman View Post
Guys I have a really frustrating problem, I've set up my Harmony with my HTPC as a Microsoft Media PC SE. I want to be able to launch the tidal app from my desktop using my remote.

Try this:
https://github.com/osjoberg/MceRemoteMapper

It lets you remap the buttons. So you can make the "blue" key on Harmony be interpreted as ctrl-shift-x or whatever you want by Windows. It's great -- I use it to get the bitrate command in Kodi. Only hitch is when Windows does a big version update you need to reload your settings and reboot.

XBR-75Z9D fed by Oppo 203. Decrapifying the X1 Extreme
post #4283 of 4285 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxcheat View Post
Quote:

Try this:

It lets you remap the buttons. So you can make the "blue" key on Harmony be interpreted as ctrl-shift-x or whatever you want by Windows. It's great -- I use it to get the bitrate command in Kodi. Only hitch is when Windows does a big version update you need to reload your settings and reboot.
Thanks I will try ! Right now I've disabled windows updates so I'm hoping that won't be a problem.

Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
post #4284 of 4285 Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxcheat View Post
Quote:

Try this:

So I downloaded the program and it's very confusing, how exactly do you set it up could you give me an example?

Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
post #4285 of 4285 Old Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Nevermind, got it working thx again

Yamaha 681 AVR
Polk Audio 3.1.2 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Logitech 915 000201 Harmony Ultimate Remote , Logitech 915 000194 Harmony Smart Control

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page