Official URC Remote Thread for MX-780, MX-890, and MX-1200 - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80Likes

post #781 of 788 Old 11-19-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 855 Post(s)
Liked: 334
The stand alone software for that remote was discontinued as was the 'legacy' forum was six years ago. Ironically, the stand alone SW for the 810 & 850 is still available.
BUT, their CCP (Complete Control Products) universal software (that is so unfriendly to figure out to use) will work with that remote.
AVfile likes this.

Recording free OTA TV for 'time shifting' has been here since 1975. Will there be DVR's to do the same when ATSC3 obsoletes existing DVR's??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 788 Old 11-19-2019, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
The stand alone software for that remote was discontinued as was the 'legacy' forum was six years ago. Ironically, the stand alone SW for the 810 & 850 is still available.
BUT, their CCP (Complete Control Products) universal software (that is so unfriendly to figure out to use) will work with that remote.
I could probably figure it out, but it seems to be available in very limited fashion
post #783 of 788 Old 11-20-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Ross View Post
I could probably figure it out, but it seems to be available in very limited fashion

I would suggest finding a local URC dealer and discussing your options. It helps if you buy something from them.

However at that point I would understand if you prefer to sell it on eBay and just buy a cheap Harmony.

"This one goes to eleven." Martin Logan Descent-i subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 788 Old 11-21-2019, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
With where I'm at in the wiring in the house, I'd rather not buy anything. I have still to complete the tracing of cat5 and coax in the house as well as bulling speaker wires back into their boxes and getting some speakers working. I shoud get a rack to set everything on instead of the shelf that its on but when installers don't leave loops in the cable its difficult to reorganize. I'm pretty sure the only reason this was left is because the previous owner couldn't get the TV off the wall.... lol
post #785 of 788 Old 11-23-2019, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Ross View Post
We moved into a house with a MX-880 left, trying to figure out how to update the remote but it looks like an exercise in futility. Pretty crappy for them to remove all support for their older remotes. Search for a program to update the remote continues.
Unfortunately these remotes were not intended for consumer updating. They were intended for updates through home theater installers/maintainers. I got frustrated with having to rely on my high end home theater company to do all the tweaks (at a cost each time) and was able to get the software from a company when I bought a new MX990 remote from them a while back. The software is called "Complete Control Program for Universal Remotes". If you do some searching on this thread you might be able to find more information but it is unlikely that you will be able to just buy the software. Also, the software is not "consumer friendly" as you really have to pretty much be a computer nerd to be able to use it.

The problem in doing a "google search" is that the name of the remote being "Universal Remote" makes it very difficult to find specific information about the remote brand because the remote name is also the generic name used for the whole category of programmable remotes... You get a lot of stuff you don't want.

Good luck in your quest.

Regards, Steve
Projector/Receiver - Sony VPL-VW1100ES 4K PJ & Sony STR-ZA5000ES 4K Atmos AVR
Media Devices - Panasonic DP-UB820 4K BR, Sony UBP-X800 4K BR, ATV 4K, and Roku 4K
Screen - 145" Dragonfly, 1.2 Gain, 16:9, Matte White Fixed Screen
Theater Remote/Cables - Universal MX-990 RF Remote, Monoprice Certified 18Gb HDMI Cables
post #786 of 788 Old 12-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the URC MX-890 and programmed by dealer. I have bought a new 4K blu ray player and just found out that I can’t reprogrammed the remote myself and need the dealer to come to reprogram the remote with the new blu ray player. Any dealer around Sacramento area that can program and how much does it cost?
post #787 of 788 Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 178
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...plete/list.cgi

"This one goes to eleven." Martin Logan Descent-i subwoofer
post #788 of 788 Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegal3 View Post
I have the URC MX-890 and programmed by dealer. I have bought a new 4K blu ray player and just found out that I can’t reprogrammed the remote myself and need the dealer to come to reprogram the remote with the new blu ray player. Any dealer around Sacramento area that can program and how much does it cost?
I'd contact the original company that programmed your MX-890 and see if they'll come out and edit your program for your new device. Might be cheaper than finding a whole new dealer to do it.

Otherwise, you can find a new dealer/installer via URC's website: https://www.universalremote.com/support/contact/

Randy
Sony XBR-55X900E, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, TiVo Roamio Pro, TWC Arris DCX3600-M 6-Tuner DVR, Darbee DVP-5000S, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR, URC MX-890 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - https://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Mx 780 Universal Remote Control , Mx 890 , mx-900