Harmony Smart Control won't shut down Optoma HD72 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-04-2013, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Everybody,

It's been a while but I'm back!

My home theater is getting long in the tooth...I've been enjoying it for the last 6 years but have not invested in it in a while so it's time for some updates.

The first thing I did was replace the old harmony 880 whose #5 button stopped working. I never realized how much I needed that button until it quit!

Anyhow, I set up the new Harmony and it worked reasonable well, but it's slow (I suppose that's a topic for a different conversation). The real problem is that it will not shut down the projector because the Optoma needs to have the shut down command issued twice. When you hit the shut down button (or Stand by) the first time on the PJ or or the remote, it basically asks if you are sure and then you have to hit the button again before it shuts down. I can't figure out how to emulate this two step process on the Harmony. Even when I go into the edit mode or add a step mode, I don't see an opion to add another shut down command.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, don't all answer at once!!!!

Just kidding. I know it's a real niche question.

Well, I have an answer that hopefully will help some one. I called Logitech Tech Support and they were able to add an additional "shut down" command remotely. Remotely! This completely blew me away. The support is also "offshore" but I did not have any of the rigamarole you usually have to endure with offshore support. The tech asked me what the problem and immediately began troubleshooting. We had a couple of additional issues along the way but in the end, the tech handled everything like a champ and was able to resolve my issue. The goal was to make the HT available to everyone and this new remote,now does that. I don't mean to sound like a Logitech commercial but I was blown away by the tech's competence and command of the technology Logitech now has in place. It was a very impressive exercise.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Optoma Hd72 720p Dlp Home Theater Projector , Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page