In search of a remote... - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having trouble finding a good remote. I don't feel like my needs warrant anything fancy, but I just can't find anything and was hoping you guys might be able to point me in a direction.

Currently, I have a Harmony 880, and I just don't like it. I've had it about a year and just can't memorize the feel of the buttons. I'm always looking down trying to find the volume button (which is way to small IMO) and always hitting the wrong #'s on the keypad. I prefer the dishnetwork remote over the 880 about 90% of the time.

What I like about the 880 is that I can press a button and it automatically go to the HDMI input option that's needed to do whatever I'm wanting to do.

Here's the items I need to be able to control: Samsung TV, Dishnetwork box, and a Yamaha RX-V673. Ability to control a PS3 would be an added bonus, but not required.

Any ideas on some good options? Sounds like my two biggest needs are good layout and user defined macros. I keep reading good stuff on the Harmony One, but it just seems like more than I need.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-23-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2968 Post(s)
Liked: 1327
I think you'd like the URC WR7. It's cheap and simple with large buttons, nice layout and macros, available at many stores like Best Buy. PS3 control is easy to add to just about any remote, via IR dongle, BT or HDMI-CEC.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-23-2013, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Check out the harmony smart remote. Controls ps3 via Bluetooth. Really nice remote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Harmony 880 Advanced Universal Remote , Yamaha Rx V673 Receiver , Universal Remote Control Urc Wr7 7 Device Remote Control With 4 Favorite Channel Buttons

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page