Harmony Living Home - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #181 of 280 Old 11-15-2014, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased the Harmony home control and I'm going through the set up now and I've run into a problem.

My set up has a Bits Limited smart power strip, where the Onkyo receiver needs to power on first and then wait three and a half seconds to turn on the rest of the devices. When I go to edit the activities and change the device power on order and try to add a delay, I am unable to move the delay to after the receiver powers on. I got an error message like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416081320.720398.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	368281

Without the delay none of the activities will start correctly from a full system off state. Is there a way to set this up with a delay, or is there a workaround?

Another thing I've noticed is that I set the Harmony Home Control up on my iPhone, but when I open the Harmony app on my iPad there doesn't seem to be a tab for Add/Edit Devices and Activities. I'm only able to make changes to my remote with the iPhone and not the iPad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 280 Old 11-18-2014, 09:49 AM

Has anyone tried to set one of these remote controls up using a wifi hotspot from a cell phone? Once the base station is programmed will the remote work without internet access?
post #183 of 280 Old 11-18-2014, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 76
RadioRa 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
Currently only Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro.

Please direct compatibility / new device support requests to [email protected] and I'll make sure they reach the appropriate person.
Hi, Just trying to figure out the new remote system for my AV components as well as lighting control, I had good experience with Harmony One and Lutron Radio Ra, but I see that RadioRa2 is not at this time compatible with harmony ultimate line. I am torn between going Harmony vs Roomie remote option.

Any news on compatibility with RadioRa2?
Thanks

Change is the only constant.

My HT: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 280 Old 11-23-2014, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzymaticRacer View Post
Yes cubs, you can pick to send IR from remote, hub, or each of the mini blasters seperately.
So apparently this is only for the Ultimate line of remote??? I picked up the regular Harmony Home remote today and I have no option to send IR from the remote itself. Kind of bummed this isnt the case as now I need to figure out something else to get the signal back to my projector in another room.
post #185 of 280 Old 11-23-2014, 09:52 AM

I found out the same thing the hard way. The Harmony Home Control remote can not send IR, had to fish a wire for the IR emitter.
post #186 of 280 Old 11-23-2014, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Thankfully I've got two cat6 cables to the projector so guess I'm going to do the same thing. Any suggestions on what to use on either end?
post #187 of 280 Old 11-24-2014, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwire View Post
I just purchased the Harmony home control and I'm going through the set up now and I've run into a problem.

My set up has a Bits Limited smart power strip, where the Onkyo receiver needs to power on first and then wait three and a half seconds to turn on the rest of the devices. When I go to edit the activities and change the device power on order and try to add a delay, I am unable to move the delay to after the receiver powers on. I got an error message like this.

Attachment 368281

Without the delay none of the activities will start correctly from a full system off state. Is there a way to set this up with a delay, or is there a workaround?

Another thing I've noticed is that I set the Harmony Home Control up on my iPhone, but when I open the Harmony app on my iPad there doesn't seem to be a tab for Add/Edit Devices and Activities. I'm only able to make changes to my remote with the iPhone and not the iPad.
In the Harmony app, please tap Menu > Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activities > Devices > Select your Onkyo > Power Settings > Tap '>' until you reach the screen with the POWER ON and POWER OFF settings. Here, tap POWER ON and add a 3500ms delay before the power on command.

Your receiver will now always wait 3.5 seconds before powering on. Don't forget to sync!

post #188 of 280 Old 11-24-2014, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricion69 View Post
I've tried both... Wifi search it finds my Apple TV but not the Lurton.. Then if I try the other way it still can not find it. It is a smart bridge pro which allows for third party remotes, and it is a Harmony Home Control remote I am using. It's been a month with no avail. Hours wasted trying to figure this out. Very disappointed as lighting control was at least 50% deciding factor for purchasing this remote.
I've reached out to you via PM about this. Thanks.

post #189 of 280 Old 11-25-2014, 05:54 AM

Harmony Living Home

Thank you Sylvain for the help. It's great that the delay feature is built into the app.
post #190 of 280 Old 12-01-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Anyone tried both the Ultimate Home and the Home Control remotes? I have a Harmony 900 right now, and wanted to try the Nest and Hue integration in the new products. I can't get over the lack of number buttons on the new remotes, so I picked up a Harmony Home Control on sale from Best Buy...I haven't opened it yet though. Anyone have opinions on both?
post #191 of 280 Old 12-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 84
HarmonySylvain, any word on the update for those of us who bought Ultimate remotes last year? Are we ever going to get these new capabilities? I thought that was supposed to come in November.
Icebergslim3200 likes this.
post #192 of 280 Old 12-07-2014, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ultimate Home

I've installed 7 or 8 Harmony Ultimates (love them) for friends and family and see that there is a new "Home" Model.

I'm hoping to install the new model this holiday.

Can I still program this with the MyHarmony app?

Is there a list of devices it will control via IP?

Hoping for TIVO and Apple TV. Are there any AVRs or TVs or Blu Ray players?

Can I add a "Logitech Harmony Smart Keyboard Add-on" to my "Harmony Ultimate Home"?

When will the Zwave hub I have heard about be available?

Is there any sort of 2way feedback with IP devices?

Is there a TV guide available yet?

Thanks, Pete
post #193 of 280 Old 12-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 141
remote screen do not goes to dark stays on all the time, battery runs down quickly, not sure what is going on with it, i am trying to update FW. should i call logitech?
post #194 of 280 Old 12-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Using the Harmony Home Control. So far love this remote and I'm coming from 4 prior Harmony remotes. The setup is a bit different work flow than the PC based set up of old, but once I've gotten to know my way around, I love having it on my phone and being able program wireless.

I have a number of questions.

COMPATABILITY:

Which smart hubs is the Home Control system compatible with? (i.e. SmartThings, Staples Connect, Lutron, etc)

LIGHTING:

I'm trying to figure how to make two seperate banks of lights have dimming functionality via the home control buttons on the remote work independently. Has anyone gotten this to work? I do not have the equipment/dimmers/hubs currently, but want a combination that will work.

Can you use the SmartThings Hub and Lutron Caseta Dimmers and have full functionality of dimming via the Home Control buttons on two seperate light banks? If not, is there a dimmer switch that others have used that would work with the SmartThings Hub?

Looking at the SmartThings site it looks like they support Leviton dimmers which I'm fine with as well as long as I can use the Harmony Remote to control the dimming functionality. Does anyone know if this works?

Will the upcoming Logitech hub extender have the ability to communicate directly with a Caseta dimmer switch without the Lutron Control Bridge?

Long story short, does anyone have a suggestion on a combo of devices to make this work; albeit Lutron, Leviton, Smarthings, Connect, etc.

Last edited by wildh; 12-09-2014 at 12:53 PM.
post #195 of 280 Old 12-16-2014, 08:30 PM

Found a combo that works perfect so far. Smart things hub and leviton rf dimmers. Full dimming functionality via the harmony home control remote. No issues! Very slick set up actually.
post #196 of 280 Old 12-17-2014, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh View Post
Found a combo that works perfect so far. Smart things hub and leviton rf dimmers. Full dimming functionality via the harmony home control remote. No issues! Very slick set up actually.
It would be nice if you shared that information
post #197 of 280 Old 12-17-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
It would be nice if you shared that information
I'm confused...Is that not what I did?

Do you have a specific question?
post #198 of 280 Old 12-17-2014, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I'm confused...Is that not what I did?

Do you have a specific question?
Sorry, I did not see your posting above.
post #199 of 280 Old 12-17-2014, 12:07 PM

Just to clarify, I used this Dimmer. Leviton 600W Incandescent Dimmer (VRI06-1LZ)

And then connected the dimmers to the Smarthings Hub App invidually. To pair them you click the add icon on the Smarthings App and press and hold the dimmer switch master on button.

I then loaded the Smartthings hub as a device in the Logitech App and you can select any device (outlet, dimmer, etc) you have connected to the Smartthings Hub after entering your log in information into the Logitech App.

I am able to turn the lights on and off individually for two seperate banks by pushing the Home Control buttons that I assigned each bank to. A short press turns them on. A long press turns them off. After turning them on, I can also use the arrow rocker button to dim to any level available. There is a slight lag in response...maybe a .25 second, but that's a lot less time than me getting off the coach and walking to the other end of the room. It's really quite flawless and better than my Lutron Maestro IR dimmers from before. I have not played with setting scenes as I really don't have a need for them personally.

Hope that helps.
post #200 of 280 Old 12-17-2014, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hello All

Can some one please help? I am at loss for words as cannot figure out how to make Lutron Smart Hub Pro work with my Harmony Ultimate Remote. When I scan for wifi devices, I see Sonos and my Smart TV(Samsung) but not Lutron Smart Hub.

Is this even possible to control. I appreciate any help possible.

Cheers

Raj
post #201 of 280 Old 12-18-2014, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post
Hello All

Can some one please help? I am at loss for words as cannot figure out how to make Lutron Smart Hub Pro work with my Harmony Ultimate Remote. When I scan for wifi devices, I see Sonos and my Smart TV(Samsung) but not Lutron Smart Hub.

Is this even possible to control. I appreciate any help possible.

Cheers

Raj
Is it the home control remote or the older ultimate?

If it's the home control version that you add devices through the app on your phone, you have the option to add the Lutron bridge.

I'm not certain the lutron bridge is compatible with older harmony remotes....it's my understanding they are not.
post #202 of 280 Old 12-18-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Is it the home control remote or the older ultimate?

If it's the home control version that you add devices through the app on your phone, you have the option to add the Lutron bridge.

I'm not certain the lutron bridge is compatible with older harmony remotes....it's my understanding they are not.
Hello

Thanks for taking time to post. I sincerely appreciate it. I figured this last night painfully after messing with it for hours together.

I feel bad to replace my remote (as mine is barely used). I still went ahead and ordered the new remote.

Now my only question is to find an answer to post by another member here. Sorry for stealing your question "prince.nothing" (I have an activity called "watch movie" which switches on my receiver, ps3 and projector. I was able to change the start of the activity to include a step where I switch off the lights. However, on the end of the activity since everything is turned off, I am unable to add a step which turns on the lights. Is there a way I could have the lights turned off as part of the activity start, and turn on as part of the activity end?)

Cheers

Raj
post #203 of 280 Old 12-19-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3306 Post(s)
Liked: 1529
^^^
That's done in the same place you added your lights off command. You can add commands to the start (which you've already done) and to the end (which runs when you leave an activity). If you're not seeing those options, then Logitech has broken something in their last update.
post #204 of 280 Old 12-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
^^^
That's done in the same place you added your lights off command. You can add commands to the start (which you've already done) and to the end (which runs when you leave an activity). If you're not seeing those options, then Logitech has broken something in their last update.
Hello

Thanks for your reply. If I leave one activity and start another it works. If I just push the power button top left corner after movie is done, shutting the whole system also kills the light.

Is there a work around. I typically need this to exit room after movie or to sit in the media lounge area to chat with friends after the movie.

Cheers

Last edited by rramacha; 12-20-2014 at 10:14 AM.
post #205 of 280 Old 12-21-2014, 12:04 PM

Harmony Ultimate Home and Sequence Set Up

Hello All

I am frustrated with one last set up on the new harmony Ultimate Home set up.

On my old Harmony Ultimate set up, I set up a sequence while pressing pause button. When I hit pause button it sent pause command to Oppo and turned lights on (lutron IR maestro).

Now I got rid of IR and added Caseata Lutron Lights. I am able to add them when activity starts and stops.

I cannot add them to sequence as its not showing up in Device List. Can anyone help to let me know what i am doing incorrectly.

Cheers

Raj
post #206 of 280 Old 12-21-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
^^^
Thank you so much. With Harmony Ultimate Home this works flawless.

Cheers

Raj
post #207 of 280 Old 12-23-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase the Harmony Home Control remote and would like to utilize the light control functions. Can someone please recommend switches that I can use?

I do use the Belkin WeMo switches in several locations, but those are controlled via an app from virtually anywhere. I don't need that function, just to be able to use this remote to control 2 switches.

Thanks in advance,
- Zishan
post #208 of 280 Old 01-06-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonySylvain View Post
1) Favorite Channels only apply to the first Activity of Watch TV type that's created. it's not possible to share them, even to another Activity that uses the same channel changing device, unfortunately

2) Absolutely. You will probably need an adapter for your (I'm assuming) 3.5mm cable to fit the 2.5mm port on the Harmony Hub. I recommend this one
Hi Sylvain,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally had a reason to place an order with monoprice and got that adapter.

I'm using a standard 3.5mm stereo cables with the adapter, and so far it seems to be working great.

Now that that is taken care of, I wanted to ask you a technical question regarding device inter-device delays and how the hub handles sending commands.

I now have a setup that effectively isolates each device from each other and I have programmed the hub as such:

My new Samsung Smart TV is controlled by the hub.

My receiver is plugged directly into mini-blaster 1, so all receiver codes are sent through port 1.

My Cable Box is in a cabinet so I have placed mini-blaster 2 in the cabinet there. It has a glass front, but I doubt that anything sent to that blaster reaches the TV or receiver. I have set my account to send all cable box codes through port 2.

The playstation 3 is controlled via Bluetooth, so no IR is sent.

Using this set up, I believe that the hub should be sending the codes for each device via a single output.

Does this mean that I can go in and set all inter-device delays to 0ms now in order to speed up responsiveness of the remote?

Television: Samsung 55" 4K UHD UN55HU7250F
Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 354 Receiver driving 5.1 surround
Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
post #209 of 280 Old 01-07-2015, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rramacha View Post
Hello All

I am frustrated with one last set up on the new harmony Ultimate Home set up.

On my old Harmony Ultimate set up, I set up a sequence while pressing pause button. When I hit pause button it sent pause command to Oppo and turned lights on (lutron IR maestro).

Now I got rid of IR and added Caseata Lutron Lights. I am able to add them when activity starts and stops.

I cannot add them to sequence as its not showing up in Device List. Can anyone help to let me know what i am doing incorrectly.

Cheers

Raj
Its very sad, that Harmony informed this is not possible for now. I think its a step back in my opinion.
post #210 of 280 Old 01-13-2015, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzymaticRacer View Post

Does this mean that I can go in and set all inter-device delays to 0ms now in order to speed up responsiveness of the remote?
Yes it does If you're certain each device is receiving commands from its own individual component or source, the inter device delay becomes obsolete.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page