Looking for iOS Remote App / Home Automation - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-27-2014, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looking for iOS Remote App / Home Automation

I've been looking at Control4 stuff for the past couple of months but have since decided that I don't think it's worth the money to me right now. I've also read a lot of bad reviews with constant issues and having to have technicians come out. So, I'm looking for a remote control app / home automation app that I can build upon. My immediate needs are for my audio/video needs in two rooms with a centralized location for equipment. My guess is this probably will need to run over IP, right? I guess where I'm making it really complicated is, I have ATT U-Verse for my TV/DVR which is on their network, but my internet is through Cox. Can you all recommend a good place to start? I've been reading about the Roomie Remote but didn't know if there was something better that I should be looking at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-28-2014, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Uverse doesn't really have network control anyway, so that's not likely to matter. You will need infrared. Nothing really approaches Roomie when it comes to easy to install/maintain control – you will end up with a system that is far more than Control4 at a small fraction of the cost. As long as you're iOS based, it's the gold standard. Look at the Tutorial video on their website would be my first suggestion.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-28-2014, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayworth View Post
Uverse doesn't really have network control anyway, so that's not likely to matter. You will need infrared. Nothing really approaches Roomie when it comes to easy to install/maintain control – you will end up with a system that is far more than Control4 at a small fraction of the cost. As long as you're iOS based, it's the gold standard. Look at the Tutorial video on their website would be my first suggestion.
I am strictly iOS/Mac based so it should be perfect in that regard. So if I use one of the Roomie Blasters to control my U-Verse box will I be able to keep the doors closed on my cabinet? Is there a better product to use for infrared? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-24-2014, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Harmony Ultimate?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-01-2015, 09:02 AM

Liked: 17
I would look at URC
post #6 of 6 Old 01-01-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3077 Post(s)
Liked: 1395
From the thread title, I think the OP wants an iOS app, not a remote. Does URC have an iOS app now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page