adding Fire TV activity to Harmony One remote? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-27-2014, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wink adding Fire TV activity to Harmony One remote?

I know that the Fire TV cannot be managed via the Harmony IR remote so we can skip that convo

I'm switching our main TV from a Logitech Revue - and in doing so, we're losing HDMI pass-thru capability so thankfully we still had another HDMI port that I can use for the Fire TV!

I'm assuming that I add the Fire TV as a "HTPC" for activities? We already have a Chromecast on one of the HDMI ports - so it's showing up as HTPC #2 ...

The problem is - the Harmony App says all my activities are already used up - so I guess I have to manually add the functions?

I simply want to setup an activity so I can switch my Denon to HDMI2, and ensure the TV is "on" etc... then I will control the Fire TV with it's own remote. Then use the harmony to switch back to HDMI 1 for TV viewing, etc...

Last edited by Toadster; 12-27-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-27-2014, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I figured it out - manually added as HTPC then modified the Denon to switch to HDMI2 while keeping the TV on HDMI1 - everything channels through the receiver - REALLY enjoying the Fire TV speeds

missing the revue keyboard (believe it or not!) and the passthru HDMI
post #3 of 3 Old 12-28-2014, 08:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There actually is a way to control FireTV using IR. FireTV fully supports HDMI-CEC, so if your TV or receiver supports it, you can command it via IR through one of those devices. Some devices only send shuttle commands using CEC, but some can also send navigation commands (my Yamaha receiver, for example). If you have one that does shuttle and navigation, you won't need the FireTV remote at all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Tags
Amazon , control , fire tv , harmony , Logitech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page