post #3631 of 4257 Old 05-11-2019, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 935 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillcat View Post
How exactly do you program two power off commands for the projector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using the MyHarmony pc application as he said. Once you open the application, select your remote from the gallery then Devices, select your projector, then Change Device Settings, Power Settings. You will go thru several screens, just answer the questions, and eventually you will get to a screen where you can adjust both Power On and Power Off commands if needed.
thrillcat likes this.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 4257 Old 05-11-2019, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
right, but it’s enough to be noticeable and cause a buffering effect.

to be clear, this isn’t to bag on the harmony at all. This is to try to help the original
poster who was having this very issue. If despite adjusting repeats and delay this still happens, there’s probably not anything he can do about it
I believe that you have experienced an issue. I just can’t see how a 50ms to 100ms built in delay as the Harmony tech folks have described can result in what you are experiencing. Like I said, you would have to physically be able to push the keys faster than the delay for any buffering to happen. Maybe my fingers are just slow. I know I could not beat that clock....

Mark
post #3633 of 4257 Old 05-11-2019, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I believe that you have experienced an issue. I just can’t see how a 50ms to 100ms built in delay as the Harmony tech folks have described can result in what you are experiencing. Like I said, you would have to physically be able to push the keys faster than the delay for any buffering to happen. Maybe my fingers are just slow. I know I could not beat that clock....

Have you ever seen a movie .1 seconds out of lip sync? It’s very noticeable. As is a command executing immediately, or .1 seconds after the button is pressed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3634 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Have you ever seen a movie .1 seconds out of lip sync? It’s very noticeable. As is a command executing immediately, or .1 seconds after the button is pressed
No worries here, we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue. BTW, perception of lip sync problems is a totally different phenomenon.

Mark
post #3635 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No worries here, we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue. BTW, perception of lip sync problems is a totally different phenomenon.
agreed. We’ll just have to leave it at what we know for sure:

- fmalczewski could have an issue with buffering/queuing
- by logitech’s own admission buffering can be seen in their remote(s)
- you have not seen this effect in your setup
mjwagner likes this.
post #3636 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Thanks gents for the info. Another questions do most folks have 2 or 4 sensors and has anybody used a BAFX extender to add more sensors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #3637 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
Thanks gents for the info. Another questions do most folks have 2 or 4 sensors and has anybody used a BAFX extender to add more sensors?

The Elite (or any Harmony "hub" based remote for that matter) does not use "sensors". It doesn't "sense" anything. It uses Blasters that "blast" out the IR signal. Sorry for seeming to be pedantic on this point but it is important to use common terminology so we all can understand one another.

The Elite comes with 2 blasters. That is normally more than enough as the hub itself "blasts" out IR signals in all directions and the hand held Elite remote can send out IR as well.

Mark
post #3638 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
How exactly do you program two power off commands for the projector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the MyHarmony software, select Devices, select your Projector, select Change Device Settings, select Power Settings, select I want to turn this device off when not in use, depending if your device has only a PowerToggle command or a PowerOn and PowerOff commands in the Harmony command set, select either "I press the same button for on and for off", or select "I press two different buttons for on and for off", this will take you to the next screen wher you can select PowerOff at the bottom of the screen and either add a second PowerToggle command or a second PowerOff command
post #3639 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post

I used this and it worked fine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005T...b_b_asin_title

(when i had it I had to use one output from the hub to plug directly into the IR in port on my processor, hence leaving only one output for a blaster)
post #3640 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Using the MyHarmony pc application as he said. Once you open the application, select your remote from the gallery then Devices, select your projector, then Change Device Settings, Power Settings. You will go thru several screens, just answer the questions, and eventually you will get to a screen where you can adjust both Power On and Power Off commands if needed.
Thanks, and to @rehaz1 . I was looking for that setting in the app, found it in the desktop software. Too bad they can't find parity between the two apps so you don't have to go back and forth.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable. I've never seen Titanic OR XXXXXXXXX. Alexa is a stripper name.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #3641 of 4257 Old 05-12-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, and to @rehaz1 . I was looking for that setting in the app, found it in the desktop software. Too bad they can't find parity between the two apps so you don't have to go back and forth.
...it is definitely something they need to fix.

Mark
post #3642 of 4257 Old 05-13-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
I have never noticed any delay in responsiveness to commands by any of my devices, and I have lots of devices and 2 Elites in different areas of my home. I never use any of my oem remotes, none of them even have batteries installed.

My Elite is nowhere near as responsive as my older 890 RF.
post #3643 of 4257 Old 05-13-2019, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
My Elite is nowhere near as responsive as my older 890 RF.
Based on the fact that clearly some people do experience discernible delay with the Elite and others clearly do not leads me to believe that it is caused by some combination of specific equipment mix, settings, usage patterns, and variations in the remote and hub itself. I have personally used a pretty good sample of the Logitech/Harmony remote line-up over the years, 880/900/650 and probably some I have forgotten about. The Elite, for me, has been equal to or better in terms of responsiveness than the best of them with no delays that I have ever discerned. IIRC the 900 was the worst and I definitely experienced the issue using it. Interesting for sure.
tanman likes this.

Mark
post #3644 of 4257 Old 05-13-2019, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Is there a way to get pronto hex codes directly into a harmony elite?

Found a guide for harmony one (which I own also) but it requires Hex to Harmony rev 2 zip file which I cannot seem to find.

Any other ways to do it?

Thanks!!
post #3645 of 4257 Old 05-13-2019, 09:40 AM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc View Post
Is there a way to get pronto hex codes directly into a harmony elite?

Found a guide for harmony one (which I own also) but it requires Hex to Harmony rev 2 zip file which I cannot seem to find.

Any other ways to do it?

Thanks!!
One you have the Hex codes email them to Harmony and they will add them to your account
post #3646 of 4257 Old 05-13-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Inter-device delay shouldn’t be a factor in the issue you are describing. I would reduce the inter-key delay to zero and only adjust up if you experience problems. The IR side can be a bit tricky to get right. Thankfully most of the devices I send lots of commands to currently are all BT, basically all my streaming devices, ATV 4k, Nvidia Shield, and FireTV Stick 4k.
I did bump down inter-key delay to 0 via the settings on the remote, haven't really messed with it much (when I briefly set it to 500 definitely did notice the increase from 100 I had it at), seemed slightly quicker. (Doubt it will make much of a difference though, we'll see.) Also, didn't try selecting any favorite channels to see if that messes things up there.

To reduce the device command repeats I have to fire up MyHarmony, maybe get to that in a little bit.

Followup edit:

Ok, so device command repeats is now zero, inter-key delay is zero. Tried it out and this is what I noticed:

With real directv remote, as soon as I hit a button, the blue light on the directv hd-dvr flashes, like pretty much immediately.

With the harmony, it's pretty quick, but there is some delay between when I hit the equivalent button and when the blue light on the directv hd-dvr flashes.

So yes there is a delay, and yes this bogs things down a bit, but - with the reduced inter-key delay and no more command repeats, this should reduce the issue I was having somewhat so may no longer feel the need to pick up the original directv remote as often.

Next thing I might try is to go back to using the hub instead of the mini-blaster to see if that makes any difference.

(But for now, got other things I really need to get to...)

Last edited by fmalczewski; 05-13-2019 at 10:20 AM.
post #3647 of 4257 Old 05-13-2019, 10:52 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehaz1 View Post
One you have the Hex codes email them to Harmony and they will add them to your account
Tracked down the Hex code for the subtitle function and Logitech added it to my device in probably 2 hours. Ridiculously fast. Really pleased with their CS.

Thanks !
post #3648 of 4257 Old 05-14-2019, 07:24 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Can anyone tell me if the "MyHarmony" software runs on the latest version of Mac OSX. It runs fine on El Capitan, but when I tried to run it on a MacBook with a newer version of OSX (sorry don't know which version) to program my brother's Harmony while traveling, MyHarmony would not run at all. I had to borrow a PC to program it.

The reason I'm asking is because I am thinking about updating my iMac OSX to the latest, but I would like to know whether MyHarmony is going to run on the updated OSX before I make that decision.
post #3649 of 4257 Old 05-14-2019, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post
Can anyone tell me if the "MyHarmony" software runs on the latest version of Mac OSX. It runs fine on El Capitan, but when I tried to run it on a MacBook with a newer version of OSX (sorry don't know which version) to program my brother's Harmony while traveling, MyHarmony would not run at all. I had to borrow a PC to program it.

The reason I'm asking is because I am thinking about updating my iMac OSX to the latest, but I would like to know whether MyHarmony is going to run on the updated OSX before I make that decision.
From the Harmony site -

System Requirements:
Intel Mac OS® X 10.11 or later
pjp likes this.

Mark
post #3650 of 4257 Old 05-14-2019, 07:39 AM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
From the Harmony site -

System Requirements:
Intel Mac OS® X 10.11 or later
Thanks, but it was definitely not working on much later versions of OSX 10.11 for a while (the app wouldn't launch when clicked). I just searched and it looks like that problem might be fixed now though -> https://community.logitech.com/s/que...n-under-mojave
post #3651 of 4257 Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, but it was definitely not working on much later versions of OSX 10.11 for a while (the app wouldn't launch when clicked). I just searched and it looks like that problem might be fixed now though -> https://community.logitech.com/s/que...n-under-mojave
I don't use Mac so can't provide any personal experience.

Mark
post #3652 of 4257 Old 05-14-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:

I installed it and ran it this weekend on a one-month old MacBook Pro running the latest version of Mojave, so it works.
pjp likes this.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable. I've never seen Titanic OR XXXXXXXXX. Alexa is a stripper name.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #3653 of 4257 Old 05-14-2019, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 44
No one has setup Amazon Echo/Alexa skills with their Elite?
post #3654 of 4257 Old 05-15-2019, 12:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4618 Post(s)
Liked: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTULCN View Post
Yes, why? I use my Echo to start and stop Harmony activities all the time in two separate rooms.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #3655 of 4257 Old 05-15-2019, 03:05 AM

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Yes, why? I use my Echo to start and stop Harmony activities all the time in two separate rooms.

I had posted earlier itt asking for tips on which Alexa skills needed to be added to get everything working correctly but no one responded.
post #3656 of 4257 Old 05-15-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 893 Post(s)
Liked: 619
Quote:
I had posted earlier itt asking for tips on which Alexa skills needed to be added to get everything working correctly but no one responded.
there are instructions right on logitech's website.
mjwagner likes this.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
post #3657 of 4257 Old 05-15-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 4618 Post(s)
Liked: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
there are instructions right on logitech's website.
Youtube as well:

KOTULCN likes this.

lujan
561 Ultra HD
721 HD
4 SD
post #3658 of 4257 Old 05-15-2019, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
I used this and it worked fine

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005T...b_b_asin_title

(when i had it I had to use one output from the hub to plug directly into the IR in port on my processor, hence leaving only one output for a blaster)
Thank you sir this worked very well.

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #3659 of 4257 Old 05-16-2019, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
I have. It was pretty easy...the only drawback last I checked was that you need to redo the whole kill if you want to make changes.

Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
post #3660 of 4257 Old 05-17-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Do most users setup their remotes by hooking it up via USB to their computer, and the MyHarmony App? Or do they use the phone app to run through the setup?

Room 1 Samsung Q8FN 75" TV || Denon X2400H Receiver || Triad InWall/4 Satellites || Triad InRoom Silver/4 Satellites || Triad OmniSub 12
Room 2 Sony X900F 65" TV  || Sony HT-X9000F sound bar
Xbox Live : BoDEAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page