1121Likes

post #3841 of 3938 Old 06-14-2019, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
Since the phone or tablet is communicating with the hub wouldn’t the hub still send the commands needed be it IR, Bluetooth or whatever?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Not with the hub based Harmony remotes.

If you assign devices to be controlled by the remote only, you won't be able to control them with the Harmony app (which uses the hub and IR mini blasters to control your devices).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3938 Old 06-15-2019, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz View Post

If you assign devices to be controlled by the remote only, you won't be able to control them with the Harmony app (which uses the hub and IR mini blasters to control your devices).
That is correct. But if you wanted/needed to control devices with your phone or tablet you obviously wouldn't assign the IR to be sent by the handheld remote now would you...
m_snow likes this.

Mark
post #3843 of 3938 Old 06-17-2019, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Battery Charge Indicator Not Updating With Charge

Hello all:

I've noticed a minor bug with my Harmony Elite - wondering if others experience it.

When the battery gets low in the remote, the battery icon replaces the clock in the upper right hand corner. What I've found is that, after charging, the icon will still display as the battery requiring charging. At first I thought perhaps it was a charging issue (e.g. I hadn't put the remote into the cradle properly), but have found that if I place the remote back into the charging station again just for a moment and lift it out again the battery display corrects itself.

Tapping the erroneous 'low battery' symbol to return to clock, then tapping it again to again display the battery charge level, does not correct the issue. Only another quick placement in the charging station.

cheers,
Duncan

4K/3D Projector: Sony VPL-VW295es | Screen: 120" 16x9 framed 'Screen Goo’ (Digital Grey) | 4K Player: Panasonic DP-UB820-K | Streaming: Apple TV 4K (64 GB) | Gaming: PS4 (500 GB), PS3 Slim (320 GB) | Receiver: Denon AVR-X6500H | Speakers (5.1.4): Axiom VP150 (centre), Axiom M60 x2 (towers), Axiom EP350 (LFE), Axiom QS8 quadpolar x2 (surrounds), Axiom M3 In-Ceiling x4 (atmos) | Remote: Harmony Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3844 of 3938 Old 06-17-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 292
^^ It toggles between the two. If you touch the screen where the battery/clock is, it will flip back.

Edit: Just reread your post, different issue.....

Last edited by tanman; 06-17-2019 at 12:45 PM.
post #3845 of 3938 Old 06-17-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
Hello all:

I've noticed a minor bug with my Harmony Elite - wondering if others experience it.

When the battery gets low in the remote, the battery icon replaces the clock in the upper right hand corner. What I've found is that, after charging, the icon will still display as the battery requiring charging. At first I thought perhaps it was a charging issue (e.g. I hadn't put the remote into the cradle properly), but have found that if I place the remote back into the charging station again just for a moment and lift it out again the battery display corrects itself.

Tapping the erroneous 'low battery' symbol to return to clock, then tapping it again to again display the battery charge level, does not correct the issue. Only another quick placement in the charging station.

cheers,
Duncan
I've seen the same thing with my 950. After a time if you do nothing it will update the charge indicator.
bdmckinl likes this.
post #3846 of 3938 Old 06-17-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz View Post
I've seen the same thing with my 950. After a time if you do nothing it will update the charge indicator.
Good to know - thank you kind sir!

4K/3D Projector: Sony VPL-VW295es | Screen: 120" 16x9 framed 'Screen Goo’ (Digital Grey) | 4K Player: Panasonic DP-UB820-K | Streaming: Apple TV 4K (64 GB) | Gaming: PS4 (500 GB), PS3 Slim (320 GB) | Receiver: Denon AVR-X6500H | Speakers (5.1.4): Axiom VP150 (centre), Axiom M60 x2 (towers), Axiom EP350 (LFE), Axiom QS8 quadpolar x2 (surrounds), Axiom M3 In-Ceiling x4 (atmos) | Remote: Harmony Elite
post #3847 of 3938 Old 06-18-2019, 08:20 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
It's not that I want to, it's just that I don't mind, and it avoids the risk of unwanted power cycles if things get out of sync, plus some JVC owners have had issues powering down because of the necessary double command......
I’ve been using the harmony elite for over a year with the JVC projector. I’ve never had a problem, and I was also worried about inadvertent power cycling especially as I have kids operating the remote. I have taken two small precautions:
1. My activity buttons are set to require a bit of a press and hold to start (or end) any activity. This eliminates inadvertent button presses.
2. Accidental offs were a much bigger concern for me. The projector off command I leave last in all power down sequences. That way I have plenty of time to abort if I should manage to make a mistake. I also use the JVC required extra confirmation press for off as a feature. You can have the harmony send only one off command. This will require you to use the “help” feature to turn the projector off, or require you to hit the system off button a second time.

Pip
noah katz likes this.
post #3848 of 3938 Old 06-19-2019, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Press and hold activity? I need to look into this
thrillcat likes this.
post #3849 of 3938 Old 06-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Press and hold activity? I need to look into this
On the remote: Settings, remote settings, touch duration

Pip
NickTheGreat likes this.
post #3850 of 3938 Old 06-22-2019, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I’ve been using the harmony elite for over a year with the JVC projector. I’ve never had a problem, and I was also worried about inadvertent power cycling especially as I have kids operating the remote. I have taken two small precautions:
1. My activity buttons are set to require a bit of a press and hold to start (or end) any activity. This eliminates inadvertent button presses.
2. Accidental offs were a much bigger concern for me. The projector off command I leave last in all power down sequences. That way I have plenty of time to abort if I should manage to make a mistake. I also use the JVC required extra confirmation press for off as a feature. You can have the harmony send only one off command. This will require you to use the “help” feature to turn the projector off, or require you to hit the system off button a second time.

Pip
The newest (NX) JVCs have the "economy" power option meaning if selected, the "stand by" button must be pressed first to "wake up" the projector and then the standard power button to turn the projector/bulb on. Even after teaching my Elite the "stand-by" command with the new JVC remote, I am unable to get the projector to start...unless I switch the "economy" power option off, which I'd prefer not to do.

Another power question I have about the ELITE is there are two places where a custom power option can be entered. One is "devices" and another is "Activities" when the component is included in an activity. Are these two power commands separate (meaning do I need to enter custom power commands in each) or does one (i.e. activities) "inherit" the other?
post #3851 of 3938 Old 06-22-2019, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 30
When I try to set different commands for my JVC projector for short and long press (assigning to the lower buttons), the short press command never fires, only the long press one works.
The same commands work fine when assigned to both short and long press.
Are there restrictions for dual short/long press commands, or is it an issue specific to JVC, or to the bottom buttons?
post #3852 of 3938 Old 06-26-2019, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked: 2448
Anyone else having an issue where the "Harmony Beta TV" device won't turn ON anymore after upgrading to the beta iOS 13 firmware? This is using my Harmony Elite remote when starting the Watch Apple TV activity.

lujan
515 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #3853 of 3938 Old 06-26-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Not sure what you mean by "Harmony Beta TV", but after resetting/updating my ATV 4k on Saturday because an itunes movie wouldn't play, my TV does turn on when I start ATV.

Noah
post #3854 of 3938 Old 06-26-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1585 Post(s)
Liked: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Anyone else having an issue where the "Harmony Beta TV" device won't turn ON anymore after upgrading to the beta iOS 13 firmware? This is using my Harmony Elite remote when starting the Watch Apple TV activity.

@lujan - I answered in the Apple beta thread.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #3855 of 3938 Old 06-26-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked: 2448
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
@lujan - I answered in the Apple beta thread.

Thanks!
m_snow likes this.

lujan
515 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #3856 of 3938 Old 06-26-2019, 05:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmckinl View Post
Hello all:

cheers,
Duncan
Yes... I have three Harmony Elites and I noticed this on my newest one, I Googled it and found out that this has been an issues for years. I only notice it on my newest remote.
bdmckinl likes this.
post #3857 of 3938 Old 06-27-2019, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
well i went down the rabbit hole and purchased a harmony elite. i found it a very disappointing experience. i'm reasonably tech savvy and its not like the instructions are difficult but i spent 3.5 hours trying to get the remote to pair with app and hub with phone and no dice. multiple resets no luck. at times i was able to get the app and hub to work but never the remote. i'd pair remote with hub, get confirmation it completed task but then it would revert back to needing to pair with hub via app. couldnt ever get app off of "devices" - never was able to get to a screen that allowed me to even attempt to pair the hand-held remote. frankly, this is a poorly executed product. either bad software or poor quality control. i'm truly amazed that some people like this thing.
post #3858 of 3938 Old 06-27-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutcat View Post
well i went down the rabbit hole and purchased a harmony elite. i found it a very disappointing experience. i'm reasonably tech savvy and its not like the instructions are difficult but i spent 3.5 hours trying to get the remote to pair with app and hub with phone and no dice. multiple resets no luck. at times i was able to get the app and hub to work but never the remote. i'd pair remote with hub, get confirmation it completed task but then it would revert back to needing to pair with hub via app. couldnt ever get app off of "devices" - never was able to get to a screen that allowed me to even attempt to pair the hand-held remote. frankly, this is a poorly executed product. either bad software or poor quality control. i'm truly amazed that some people like this thing.
Sorry you have had problems. Have you contacted Logitech/Harmony support to have them help you? The vast majority of folks who own a Harmony Elite love them. I have 2 and have never had any problems.

If you want to sell yours PM me. I have a relative who's hub unfortunately ended up underwater (long story, LOL) and is looking to get a new one.

Mark
post #3859 of 3938 Old 06-27-2019, 08:17 AM

their support closed before i called. but i'll give it another go tomorrow or saturday. id be happy to sell if i dont like it.
post #3860 of 3938 Old 06-27-2019, 09:27 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked: 2973
Quote:
All this sound a bit like poor wifi performance. For the sake of setup, the hub, remote and wifi router should all be in the same room, if not closer. Once its all set up they can be anywhere the wifi goes. The remote talks to the hub by BT, so that means it should be a but closer in some cases.
Start by just getting hub and remote set up, leave the phone/app stuff till later. Once the hub is established on your network the phone should find it.
tanman likes this.
post #3861 of 3938 Old 06-28-2019, 07:31 AM

regarding wifi, i have xfinity gigabit service. pairing/set up was attempted within 8 feet of the gateway/modem. even if its a wifi issue it shouldnt be this hard. i can get the remote to "pair" with hub but when i hit "done" after pairing it doesnt stick and the remote says "pair with harmony app."
post #3862 of 3938 Old 06-28-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Did you create an account when prompted? I initially tried to skip that step and had an hour’s worth of frustrating time not unlike what you’ve described, until I reset/restarted and created the account. Then it all went like gangbusters.

Hope this helps,
Duncan
bp787 likes this.

post #3863 of 3938 Old 06-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 299
I'm really struggling to get start up delays working in my activities. I've put in specific delay steps but to stop the receiver and uhd player starting until the projector is running, but it continually starts the player with minimal delay. I have it two wait 2 minutes, but it starts in seconds.
post #3864 of 3938 Old 06-28-2019, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
I'm really struggling to get start up delays working in my activities. I've put in specific delay steps but to stop the receiver and uhd player starting until the projector is running, but it continually starts the player with minimal delay. I have it two wait 2 minutes, but it starts in seconds.
Can you post the steps in your activity?
post #3865 of 3938 Old 06-28-2019, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3773 Post(s)
Liked: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Look at the power-on delay settings under each device. This is what sets a delay for the time between power-on and any additional commands like input. Hard to know what your specific issue is but one of those settings might help. {devices - change device settings - device delay settings} in MyHarmony PC software.
MOberhardt likes this.
post #3866 of 3938 Old 06-28-2019, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Look at the power-on delay settings under each device. This is what sets a delay for the time between power-on and any additional commands like input. Hard to know what your specific issue is but one of those settings might help. {devices - change device settings - device delay settings} in MyHarmony PC software.
Thanks. I tried that and it seems to nearly work - I just now get an error showing on the remote of activity timeout!!!!!!!!!

Very odd the actual activity delays do nothing.
post #3867 of 3938 Old 06-30-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 889 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
regarding wifi, i have xfinity gigabit service. pairing/set up was attempted within 8 feet of the gateway/modem. even if its a wifi issue it shouldnt be this hard. i can get the remote to "pair" with hub but when i hit "done" after pairing it doesnt stick and the remote says "pair with harmony app."
you must be on 2.4Ghz channels for setup to work. the hub requires 2.4 Ghz at all times. 5Ghz is not supported. ensure you're using that.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx

Last edited by bp787; 06-30-2019 at 11:21 AM.
post #3868 of 3938 Old 06-30-2019, 10:29 AM

thanks for the suggestions. ive concluded that this device is faulty and i'm going to return it.
post #3869 of 3938 Old 07-01-2019, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 36
My WIFI only has 5GHZ radio turned on and it works absolutely fine. If anyone would not mind to answer my post about "voice remotes"? I bet if anyone, Logitech will come out with one. Although Logitech product development seems rather slow lately. They are still offering "old" products alongside new ones. Namely gaming mice but I use the MX track ball anyways. Which btw, is also an outstanding product from Logitech IMO.
post #3870 of 3938 Old 07-01-2019, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

I'm to old school to want voice anything. Maybe my accent is just rubbish, but each time I get new tech, or have to use a new auto phone service, I try it, and get livid... Even siri on the appleTV remote - I thought I might give it a go to use it to enter the password. Jeez, I nearly smashed the thing.

The thing I love most about the Harmony Elite is the remote with the physical buttons. I use it blind, in the dark in the HT and no issues. I have physical buttons mapped for all activites, and I've learnt them now. It is fast, efficient. Last thing I want to do is start talking...

I used to use an MX trackball (been a long long time track ball user, 20 years, home and work, and I'm in software dev), but ended moving to the Elecom ones. They are definitely nicer IMHO - sapphire bearing pins so the balls just move much smoother.
fmalczewski likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page