Harmony Elite - Page 132 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1480Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3931 of 4904 Old 07-17-2019, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveura View Post
Here’s a strange one for you experts out there. I have a 65” Sony A9F connected to a Denon X6500H. I control my system, which also includes a Tivo Mini and Apple TV 4K, with a Harmony Hub and Elite remote. The Harmony controls the A9F via IP instead of infrared. On two occasions I have seen the message “Registration Cancelled” pop up on the A9F when hitting the “Off” button on the Harmony. After this, the Harmony no longer controls the A9F, even though the Harmony still shows as a registered IP control device on the A9F. To get it to work again, I have to delete the Harmony from my A9F, delete the A9F from the Harmony, add it back and re-program each of my activities.



Any thoughts on what’s happening that would cause the A9F to cancel the registration of the Harmony?



(Cross-posted on the Sony A9F forum)


I stopped using IP on my Sony a couple of years ago for reasons like that. IR is fine and it’s stable. I have no idea what’s happening there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3932 of 4904 Old 07-17-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,874
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3194 Post(s)
Liked: 1463
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveura View Post
Here’s a strange one for you experts out there. I have a 65” Sony A9F connected to a Denon X6500H. I control my system, which also includes a Tivo Mini and Apple TV 4K, with a Harmony Hub and Elite remote. The Harmony controls the A9F via IP instead of infrared. On two occasions I have seen the message “Registration Cancelled” pop up on the A9F when hitting the “Off” button on the Harmony. After this, the Harmony no longer controls the A9F, even though the Harmony still shows as a registered IP control device on the A9F. To get it to work again, I have to delete the Harmony from my A9F, delete the A9F from the Harmony, add it back and re-program each of my activities.

Any thoughts on what’s happening that would cause the A9F to cancel the registration of the Harmony?

(Cross-posted on the Sony A9F forum)
I agree you need to use IR. Problem with IP is when the TV is off, it can't receive any IP commands. Harmony has to send a wake-on-lan magic packet first ( I get around this by using IR commands for power ). There are also some authentication steps (PSK - pre-shared key) that have to happen. This is apparently not implemented very well on Harmony's end. My guess is that the initial registration steps upon setup are never actually completed (maybe the PSK is wrong?), hence the cancelled message you see and the need to repeat the setup again.

Details: https://pro-bravia.sony.net/develop/...te/ip-control/

Bottom line, avoid using IP on certain devices. Seems to work ok on Roku (no authentication, no WOL required), but not more complex implementations like Sony TV. My Sony blu-ray player's IP control is insanely complex and took me weeks to figure out the HTML code (Details: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms.../thehomeremote )
mdavej is offline  
post #3933 of 4904 Old 07-17-2019, 03:41 PM
Pip
Advanced Member
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 187
New TCL TV. The press and hold volume buttons won't work on my Elite or the companion remote. They will work with only one step at a time. If I do hold down the volume buttons on the Elite, I get an error message saying that Harmony can't communicate via wi-fi with the TV - even though it does - as long as I go one step at a time.

Anything hub device (phone or tablet) works fine. Press and hold works exactly as it should.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Pip
Pip is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3934 of 4904 Old 07-17-2019, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,762
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2322 Post(s)
Liked: 2418
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
So, after some more futile troubleshooting today (multiple factory resets, then removing and re-adding the Harmony Elite to my account), I called Logitech support when they opened for business this morning. They confirmed that the remote is kaput.

I have obtained a prepaid return shipping label from the seller but am torn as to whether I should accept an exchange for another "manufacturer reconditioned" unit (at a very nice discount) or just take a refund and move on. I know that Amazon has a 20% off coupon today on a new Elite, but the price I paid is appreciably lower than even that discount. However, it's still a lot more than I am willing to pay for a doorstop.
I spoke today with the seller regarding their QA. I was told that they had sold over 500 of these refurbished Harmony Elites (N.B., turns out they are actually from a third-party service, not directly from Logitech as I had first thought) and had only gotten two returns up until this one. They offered me an additional $25 discount for my trouble (bringing the total price down to less than 40% of MSRP) and I have elected to accept an exchange. They provide a 30-day return window and 90-day warranty period, so I really don't have anything to lose other than more wasted time and energy (not a minor concern at my advanced age).

I will hope for better luck the second time around. Cosmetically, the first one they sent me looked brand new and came in the original retail packaging with a "reconditioned" sticker attached. I would have been hard-pressed to identify it as other than new.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback. I'll post my impressions after I get the second unit in hand.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703

Last edited by chi_guy50; 07-17-2019 at 05:16 PM.
chi_guy50 is offline  
post #3935 of 4904 Old 07-18-2019, 03:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I mainly use my new very expensive URC now. I had pulled out the Elite a couple of day's ago. It no longer worked. I called Harmony support. first of all they did not care that it was 3 years old and not within 90 days!
Then, the tech was so knowledgeable it was beyond belief. It turned out to be an issue with the Shield TV and not the Harmony at all. Yet they still proceeded to fix it(and knew how to) at no charge. As usual Not only are Logitech products top of the line their customer support is 100%. The knowledge they posses is indeed very impressive. I cannot say enough good things about them. If you call URC for anything they only have one answer. Call the local technician for a minimum of $300. they will not answer one question about a single thing. Shame on them and ultimate kudos to Logitech. unless you absolutely have to have a better remote(and I see no reason for it anymore) and you have a ton of money to blow Than get a URC. Otherwise for the other 99.9% of people I highly recommend Logitech. It is not at all limited to Harmony either. all of their products are at the top of their game. simply superior products backed by simply superior support. Plus they answer very quickly too! I always give them "10" on their own reviews but I would like to take the time to praise them where ever possible because they absolutely deserve it. I will be their customer for life. even though like an idiot I bought a URC yet again. Now not only did I pay 2.5+ grand for the unit and base I paid $700+ for voice control(which admittedly is very limited on the elite with Google) I have now paid over $1,200 in technician fees. I Should have kept my beloved Elite. the URC is simply not worth it in retrospect. they get you coming and going. Plus al the down time waiting for service calls. It honestly sucks. With the Harmony you either fix it yourself or they walk you through it for free. Also they seemingly do not care how long you have owned it for free support either. Logitech is 100% in my book! anyone want to buy my URC for about $6,000? You will need a minimum $600 initial tech visit to set it up with your equipment as well! how freaking stupid. I am going to go kick myself. honestly I think I am going to put it in the box and go back to the Elite! It does everything I need without all the HASSLE! The URC was a huge, very expensive mistake. Plus the battery lasts 50 minutes. It is the 10" tablet one. Sure, it is more advanced but things I hardly care about such as 2 way communication. I can see my darn equipment, Thank you!
I just wanted you to all know what an incredible value you all have in your hands!
mjwagner and m_snow like this.
TriTon464 is offline  
post #3936 of 4904 Old 07-18-2019, 05:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I just noticed the Harmony Express. It cannot search for content like the URC which also has two way communication which is what made me switch to it for thousands of dollars. It was not really worth it. I was just wondering if the Express is any better than the elite with google home? thank you
TriTon464 is offline  
post #3937 of 4904 Old 07-18-2019, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 23,327
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2310 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
... voice control(which admittedly is very limited on the elite with Google)

I wasn't aware that the Elite had *any* voice control.

Can you (or anyone else) elaborate?

Noah
noah katz is online now  
post #3938 of 4904 Old 07-18-2019, 10:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
It does with google Home or Alexa. It is very limited but exactly the same as the Express AFAIK. IE, you cannot search for content. which is what made me spend thousands for the 2 way communication URC. I now regret that though because I did not "really" need that feature for that kind of money. Heck, that feature comes free with most of today's TV's, DVR's ETC. Although not in an universal remote save for ponying up for the URC.
TriTon464 is offline  
post #3939 of 4904 Old 07-18-2019, 10:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
I wasn't aware that the Elite had *any* voice control.

Can you (or anyone else) elaborate?
It doesn’t directly do voice control. What you can do, at least with devices for which it uses BT like FireTV devices, ATV’s, or Nvidia Shields as examples, is to use the Harmony app on a phone or tablet and use the virtual keyboard which does allow you to use voice to enter text.
noah katz likes this.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3940 of 4904 Old 07-19-2019, 04:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Or Google Hub devices, or amazon alexa devices for completely hands free. although as of yet, no Harmony remote can search for content. I am afraid that the Elite Plus a google device is actually "more" of a package than the express to begin with. Since the Express appears to mainly just be the Google part without the Touch screen ETC. there is also a price difference, especially if you add one of the better Google or Alexa devices. Still, it cannot hold a candle to URC but again, there is a "huge" price difference then.
TriTon464 is offline  
post #3941 of 4904 Old 07-19-2019, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
Or Google Hub devices, or amazon alexa devices for completely hands free. although as of yet, no Harmony remote can search for content. I am afraid that the Elite Plus a google device is actually "more" of a package than the express to begin with. Since the Express appears to mainly just be the Google part without the Touch screen ETC. there is also a price difference, especially if you add one of the better Google or Alexa devices. Still, it cannot hold a candle to URC but again, there is a "huge" price difference then.
While you can't do voice search directly, for those devices for which the Elite uses BT for control you can complete the text entry in the search term field using voice via the virtual keyboard using the Harmony app on a phone or tablet. I do it regularly.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3942 of 4904 Old 07-20-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 23,327
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2310 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
It doesn’t directly do voice control.

I wonder what the chances are of Harmony adding a mic to the Elite for voice control for FireTV and ATV.

Noah
noah katz is online now  
post #3943 of 4904 Old 07-20-2019, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
I wonder what the chances are of Harmony adding a mic to the Elite for voice control for FireTV and ATV.
My guess would be that the follow-on product to the Elite, whenever that is released, will include a mic to enable voice. They recently did release the Harmony Express which is a universal voice remote but definitely not in the same league as the Elite.
noah katz likes this.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3944 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 12:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
How do you use voice with the "keyboard". Could you please tell me step by step? I would really appreciate it if you do not mind. I have no clue where to even begin with this. I would really like to do it! Thank you
TriTon464 is offline  
post #3945 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
How do you use voice with the "keyboard". Could you please tell me step by step? I would really appreciate it if you do not mind. I have no clue where to even begin with this. I would really like to do it! Thank you
From my post #38783 in this thread -

"Anytime you need to enter text you can just open the Harmony app on your phone, click on the little keyboard icon in the lower right and once the phone keyboard comes up just click on the microphone and start talking, then hit send. I've used it on the iPhone but don't know about other phones. I don't often use the voice feature but anytime I need to enter text of more than a few characters I mostly use the phone keyboard using the Harmony app on my phone as it makes it so much easier to type. You can use the Harmony app on a tablet too. I'll use my iPad sometimes as well if that is what I have handy at the time.."

As I said it needs to be a device for which your Harmony is using BT for control and Harmony needs to support this function for the device. I have used this feature on FireTV devices, Nvidia Shield, and ATV 4k (note that to enable the virtual keyboard function you need to have added your Apple TV as a device using manufacturer Harmony Beta and model number Test Apple TV) and so I know it works for those devices. It may work for other devices as well I just can't personally confirm.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3946 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 10:21 AM
Pip
Advanced Member
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
I stopped using IP on my Sony a couple of years ago for reasons like that. IR is fine and it’s stable. I have no idea what’s happening there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do I change from IP control to IR? I can't seem to find the setting to change.

Thanks,

Pip
Pip is offline  
post #3947 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,463
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4977 Post(s)
Liked: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
How do I change from IP control to IR? I can't seem to find the setting to change.

Thanks,

Pip
Good question, I would like to know as well since my Harmony is not controlling my Roku Ultra anymore after I made a few changes. I usually have to call Logitech but if someone on this thread knows how to do it, I wouldn't have to call. I already removed the Roku device and activity and reran the setup but it didn't make a difference. I thought I only needed to skip the IP control screen in setup but I guess not?

lujan
623 Ultra HD
727 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #3948 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,203
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
How do I change from IP control to IR? I can't seem to find the setting to change.



Thanks,



Pip


I would defer to @mjwagner on that. TBH the only way I know is to delete the device, add it again and recreate the activity as well as saying “no” to the opportunity to use IP Control on the second one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is offline  
post #3949 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 11:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,463
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4977 Post(s)
Liked: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
I would defer to @mjwagner on that. TBH the only way I know is to delete the device, add it again and recreate the activity as well as saying “no” to the opportunity to use IP Control on the second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I did and still nothing...

lujan
623 Ultra HD
727 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #3950 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 485
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
So you have to use the remote, hub, smart phone and google or Alexa device? In that regard the URC tablet device is obviously much better integrated and more streamlined but literally thousands of dollars more money.
So I think if many people want voice control they would live with this. Seeing as I already spent the money for the URC I am going to be using that. I would honestly prefer to use the Harmony as it is just a more "friendly" device. Plus every time you have a question you get free support and they do not care 90 days or 4 years! With URC it is a minimum $300 technician visit period. There is no free support or even close to it. Plus you have to wait for someone to come in your home. So that is the big downside of it. Change one thing, want one thing changed, or have a simple question, minimum $300 and wait for tech to show up. That does kind of stink. So long as you leave the thing be and have no questions it does a heck of a lot more than the Elite at a huge cost. I honestly prefer the Elite. Plus the URC does not even have "help". If something fails to work, yup you guessed it technician! Plusses and minuses I supposes but I would strongly lean towards the Elite and just not use voice control. I never did, so I do not need to now.
TriTon464 is offline  
post #3951 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 12:06 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,805
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I'm not sure it would qualify as "on the cheap" but just recently when I completed the final build out phase of my home theater I added lighting automation. I used a combination of z-wave and ZigBee dimmer switches and a SmartThings hub. Using my Harmony Elite I now can do exactly what you described, and a bit more. It takes some time to figure out how to get it all to work but it can definitely be done.
Thanks for the info on SmartThings. I'm thinking about getting a SmartThings Hub (V3). Do you know if two Harmony Hubs can connect to a single SmartThings hub?

I have two separate Harmony Hubs in the house (one with an Elite upstairs and another with a Companion downstairs). If I can use it with both Harmony hubs, I'll get the SmartThings hub. If not, I don't think SmartThings will work for my situation.
pjp is offline  
post #3952 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Carbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Boston, MA , USA
Posts: 1,595
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post
Thanks for the info on SmartThings. I'm thinking about getting a SmartThings Hub (V3). Do you know if two Harmony Hubs can connect to a single SmartThings hub?

I have two separate Harmony Hubs in the house (one with an Elite upstairs and another with a Companion downstairs). If I can use it with both Harmony hubs, I'll get the SmartThings hub. If not, I don't think SmartThings will work for my situation.
I have one Smartthings hub and 3 Harmony Hubs. They all work fine with one Smartthings hub.
pjp likes this.

1) JVC RS540, Yamaha CX-A5100, Outlaw Audio 7700 & 7140, Wharfedale Jade 7's series speakers, RSL C34e(Atmos)
2) LG OLED65B6, Integra DRC-R1, Emotiva XPA9, Klipsch RP8000F, Klipsch RP404C, Klipsch RP500SA, Klipsch RP140D
Carbo is online now  
post #3953 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjp View Post
Thanks for the info on SmartThings. I'm thinking about getting a SmartThings Hub (V3). Do you know if two Harmony Hubs can connect to a single SmartThings hub?

I have two separate Harmony Hubs in the house (one with an Elite upstairs and another with a Companion downstairs). If I can use it with both Harmony hubs, I'll get the SmartThings hub. If not, I don't think SmartThings will work for my situation.
Should not be a problem.
pjp likes this.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3954 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
So you have to use the remote, hub, smart phone and google or Alexa device? In that regard the URC tablet device is obviously much better integrated and more streamlined but literally thousands of dollars more money.
So I think if many people want voice control they would live with this. Seeing as I already spent the money for the URC I am going to be using that. I would honestly prefer to use the Harmony as it is just a more "friendly" device. Plus every time you have a question you get free support and they do not care 90 days or 4 years! With URC it is a minimum $300 technician visit period. There is no free support or even close to it. Plus you have to wait for someone to come in your home. So that is the big downside of it. Change one thing, want one thing changed, or have a simple question, minimum $300 and wait for tech to show up. That does kind of stink. So long as you leave the thing be and have no questions it does a heck of a lot more than the Elite at a huge cost. I honestly prefer the Elite. Plus the URC does not even have "help". If something fails to work, yup you guessed it technician! Plusses and minuses I supposes but I would strongly lean towards the Elite and just not use voice control. I never did, so I do not need to now.
I don’t use voice control so can’t comment on that but you do not need to have an Alexa or Google device to use voice for text input as I described.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3955 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
How do I change from IP control to IR? I can't seem to find the setting to change.

Thanks,

Pip
I’m afraid I can’t be much help here sorry. Harmony only uses IP to control a small number of AV devices, like some Rokus as an example, and since I don’t use any of them I have never run into this issue. If you can’t find the answer on Harmony support or doing a web search then I would give Harmony tech support a call. I have found them to be very responsive and helpful.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3956 of 4904 Old 07-21-2019, 09:22 PM
pjp
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,805
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
I have one Smartthings hub and 3 Harmony Hubs. They all work fine with one Smartthings hub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
Should not be a problem.
Good news. Thanks!
pjp is offline  
post #3957 of 4904 Old 07-22-2019, 08:31 AM
Pip
Advanced Member
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I’m afraid I can’t be much help here sorry. Harmony only uses IP to control a small number of AV devices, like some Rokus as an example, and since I don’t use any of them I have never run into this issue. If you can’t find the answer on Harmony support or doing a web search then I would give Harmony tech support a call. I have found them to be very responsive and helpful.
Thanks very much.

I have called Tech-support in the past and they have been great, but now they are charging for each call. The problem I’m having is with press and hold volume up or down. This works perfectly fine with any mobile device through the hub. But with the actual remotes, elite or the companion, holding for continuous volume up or down, doesn’t work. It only goes up or down one click and then stops. With the elite remote, I get an error message saying it can’t communicate with the TV, and the remote ceases to have any control over the TV at all.

Pip
Pip is offline  
post #3958 of 4904 Old 07-22-2019, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,877
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1153 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Thanks very much.

I have called Tech-support in the past and they have been great, but now they are charging for each call. The problem I’m having is with press and hold volume up or down. This works perfectly fine with any mobile device through the hub. But with the actual remotes, elite or the companion, holding for continuous volume up or down, doesn’t work. It only goes up or down one click and then stops. With the elite remote, I get an error message saying it can’t communicate with the TV, and the remote ceases to have any control over the TV at all.

Pip
One thing to check is how you have your long and short press defined.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #3959 of 4904 Old 07-22-2019, 11:10 AM
Pip
Advanced Member
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
One thing to check is how you have your long and short press defined.
I’ve checked that already thanks. They seem to be correct - the same as all my non IP displays. For this device Harmony only allows the “fix a command” to be used for 6 commands - none of which are volume

Pip
Pip is offline  
post #3960 of 4904 Old 07-22-2019, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mdavej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 14,874
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3194 Post(s)
Liked: 1463
All Sony TVs use pretty much the same codes. Just add another Sony TV, any recent model. Confirm that it works in device mode. Then re-run all your activity setups to use the new TV device, then delete the old device. Do all of this from the desktop software, not mobile.
mdavej is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Remote Control Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off