Harmony Elite - Page 136 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1173Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4051 of 4120 Old 08-17-2019, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2231 Post(s)
Liked: 2269
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
fwiw when I followed that Amazon link there was a 20% extra savings coupon listed that would be applied at checkout. May be a Prime only thing though, as after I logged out from Amazon it wasn't there any more.

Which link was that? I have Prime but do not see a 20% coupon for the companion.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
chi_guy50 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4052 of 4120 Old 08-18-2019, 07:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
basic question

Hi guys. Based on what I've read so far the Harmony Elite should work for my setup. I am just hoping to get someone with a home theater to tell me that it will indeed work. I have an AV closet about 15 feet from my home theater room. The rack there has a receiver, a blueray player, and an Nvidia shield. Will the Harmony Elite be able to run it all from the home theater room? Thanks in advance.
overdose is offline  
post #4053 of 4120 Old 08-18-2019, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
socalsharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Hi guys. Based on what I've read so far the Harmony Elite should work for my setup. I am just hoping to get someone with a home theater to tell me that it will indeed work. I have an AV closet about 15 feet from my home theater room. The rack there has a receiver, a blueray player, and an Nvidia shield. Will the Harmony Elite be able to run it all from the home theater room? Thanks in advance.

Yes it will. That is pretty much my setup. All of the devices in the closet are controlled by the hub (via IR), which is in the closet, and which in turn is controlled by the Elite remote. You can use the IR on the Elite to control your TV or PJ which I assume is not in the closet . All of this assumes that the Nvidia shield is controlled via IR--I don't have one, so I'm not sure.
socalsharky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4054 of 4120 Old 08-18-2019, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Hi guys. Based on what I've read so far the Harmony Elite should work for my setup. I am just hoping to get someone with a home theater to tell me that it will indeed work. I have an AV closet about 15 feet from my home theater room. The rack there has a receiver, a blueray player, and an Nvidia shield. Will the Harmony Elite be able to run it all from the home theater room? Thanks in advance.
I have a similar setup. The Elite works perfectly. Be aware that if you have any equipment in the theater itself (not in the equipment room) like a projector you will need to run a wire to position one of the blasters in line of site (it can be across the room, the blasters are pretty powerful) with that equipment. I do that for my ceiling mounted projector and it works perfectly. I have the blaster positioned in the front of the room just under the center channel speaker. If that is not possible you can assign the handheld to send out the Ir signals for that equipment but it is not ideal (you would have to keep the handheld pointed at that equipment when’re you are controlling it).

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4055 of 4120 Old 08-18-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsharky View Post
Yes it will. That is pretty much my setup. All of the devices in the closet are controlled by the hub (via IR), which is in the closet, and which in turn is controlled by the Elite remote. You can use the IR on the Elite to control your TV or PJ which I assume is not in the closet . All of this assumes that the Nvidia shield is controlled via IR--I don't have one, so I'm not sure.
Shield is BT (unless it is an older model) but no matter since the Elite does BT too.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4056 of 4120 Old 08-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
Hi guys. Based on what I've read so far the Harmony Elite should work for my setup. I am just hoping to get someone with a home theater to tell me that it will indeed work. I have an AV closet about 15 feet from my home theater room. The rack there has a receiver, a blueray player, and an Nvidia shield. Will the Harmony Elite be able to run it all from the home theater room? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I have a similar setup. The Elite works perfectly. Be aware that if you have any equipment in the theater itself (not in the equipment room) like a projector you will need to run a wire to position one of the blasters in line of site (it can be across the room, the blasters are pretty powerful) with that equipment. I do that for my ceiling mounted projector and it works perfectly. I have the blaster positioned in the front of the room just under the center channel speaker. If that is not possible you can assign the handheld to send out the Ir signals for that equipment but it is not ideal (you would have to keep the handheld pointed at that equipment when’re you are controlling it).
Which raises an interesting question - is it possible to "pair" two hubs? So a single activity can work across two hubs, with devices in both a closed cupboard and across the room where IR is required for both, without having to run a long blaster cable or point the remote in the right direction at the right time?

Sony XBR-65A9F, Sony UBP-X700, Denon AVR-890 (cooled by AC Infinity AIRCOM T10), Apple TV (non 4K), B&W 600 series & LM1s in 7.1 config, Harmony Elite
avsngaiouser is online now  
post #4057 of 4120 Old 08-18-2019, 10:39 PM
Senior Member
 
socalsharky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I have a similar setup. The Elite works perfectly. Be aware that if you have any equipment in the theater itself (not in the equipment room) like a projector you will need to run a wire to position one of the blasters in line of site (it can be across the room, the blasters are pretty powerful) with that equipment. I do that for my ceiling mounted projector and it works perfectly. I have the blaster positioned in the front of the room just under the center channel speaker. If that is not possible you can assign the handheld to send out the Ir signals for that equipment but it is not ideal (you would have to keep the handheld pointed at that equipment when’re you are controlling it).

I have an Epson projector in my theater room, and the Elite controls it fine without any blasters. If I point the remote in the general direction of the screen, the reflected signal reaches the IR sensor on the projector.
socalsharky is offline  
post #4058 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsharky View Post
I have an Epson projector in my theater room, and the Elite controls it fine without any blasters. If I point the remote in the general direction of the screen, the reflected signal reaches the IR sensor on the projector.
Yeah, the Ir signal can even bounce off walls and other things and work. Like I said, it's just not ideal.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4059 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsngaiouser View Post
Which raises an interesting question - is it possible to "pair" two hubs? So a single activity can work across two hubs, with devices in both a closed cupboard and across the room where IR is required for both, without having to run a long blaster cable or point the remote in the right direction at the right time?
The blasters really do "blast" out the Ir signal so in general only need to be in the same room as the other devices. As I indicated, you may also be able to get away with just using the handheld to send out the Ir signal. Not sure about multiple hubs, never had a reason to research that possibility. Perhaps someone else has and can chime in.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4060 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fmalczewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,358
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
Which link was that? I have Prime but do not see a 20% coupon for the companion.
The amazon link in post 4044, I still see the coupon (right under the price), but only when I'm logged in.
fmalczewski is offline  
post #4061 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newfmp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NFLD, Canada
Posts: 4,588
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
Yes, two of my Elites have a non touch screen remote added long with them. See if you can find this version of the remote:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harm.../dp/B00N3RFC4G

The button placement for the transport keys are in a much better location, imho.

Basically, Harmony Hubs allow you to have (1) Touchscreen remote, and (1) non touchscreen remote limited to the two choices that work with the hub paired. Remember that neither of the non touch screen remotes emit IR, they only transmit to the hub which then blasts IR. If you remove a non touch screen remote from a hub, it basically becomes a door stop.

wow, glad you told me that. I didn't realize they didn't have a IR. That's a deal breaker right there. Logitech can't seem to get anything right with this lineup. My stuff is in another room, but I'd need someone to turn on the TV.
newfmp3 is offline  
post #4062 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member
 
Shrike645's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cambridge, Ont
Posts: 936
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
wow, glad you told me that. I didn't realize they didn't have a IR. That's a deal breaker right there. Logitech can't seem to get anything right with this lineup. My stuff is in another room, but I'd need someone to turn on the TV.
then use the elite and forget about the non touch screen remotes. Even though the IP control of my TV is flaky I still love the elite.
Shrike645 is offline  
post #4063 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
chi_guy50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,632
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2231 Post(s)
Liked: 2269
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
The amazon link in post 4044, I still see the coupon (right under the price), but only when I'm logged in.

Hmmm, interesting. You must be a special friend of Jeff Bezos because I don't get that coupon as a Prime subscriber. I even tried logging out and then back in to no avail.

Oh well, I guess I'll just look for the next sale for the companion. I'm in no hurry as I still have a 700 that I haven't been using and have been meaning to finish programming for the bedroom setup. And I also haven't yet finishing setting up my Elite for the HT in the living room.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
chi_guy50 is offline  
post #4064 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 02:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsngaiouser View Post
Which raises an interesting question - is it possible to "pair" two hubs? So a single activity can work across two hubs, with devices in both a closed cupboard and across the room where IR is required for both, without having to run a long blaster cable or point the remote in the right direction at the right time?
NO, it is NOT possible to pair two hubs.
ipca204 is offline  
post #4065 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
schmiggyjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I am getting beyond frustrated with my elite and my cable box. I have an arris mx011anm with xfinity. And control of with my elite is driving me nuts. Half the time inputs don't register, (30 sec forward, FF, and their opposites), favorites don't always register correctly when hitting their icon. It feels laggy and unresponsive and I am not sure what to do. I don't have this issue with my other devices.

Ive tried resyncing the remote. Ive changed the interkey delay from .1 to .5, trying to see if that will fix it.

I shouldn't have to use the IR blasters should I, assuming both the hub, box and remote are all with line of sight?

Any idea what could be causing this?

Last edited by schmiggyjk; 08-19-2019 at 09:00 PM.
schmiggyjk is offline  
post #4066 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 08:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 454
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Maybe try changing the "repeat"?
TriTon464 is offline  
post #4067 of 4120 Old 08-19-2019, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bp787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,779
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post
I am getting beyond frustrated with my elite and my cable box. I have an arris mx011anm with xfinity. And control of with my elite is driving me nuts. Half the time inputs don't register, (30 sec forward, FF, and their opposites), favorites don't always register correctly when hitting their icon. It feels laggy and unresponsive and I am not sure what to do. I don't have this issue with my other devices.

Ive tried resyncing the remote. Ive changed the interkey delay from .1 to .5, trying to see if that will fix it.

I shouldn't have to use the IR blasters should I, assuming both the hub, box and remote are all with line of sight?

Any idea what could be causing this?
i'd try wiring up a blaster, if just to put that potential issue to rest. outside of that, as mentioned the number of repeats are a likely culprit. if changing these things doesn't fix it, and you're not having any issues with other devices, I'd consider contacting logitech support.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
bp787 is offline  
post #4068 of 4120 Old 08-20-2019, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
newfmp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NFLD, Canada
Posts: 4,588
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk View Post
I am getting beyond frustrated with my elite and my cable box. I have an arris mx011anm with xfinity. And control of with my elite is driving me nuts. Half the time inputs don't register, (30 sec forward, FF, and their opposites), favorites don't always register correctly when hitting their icon. It feels laggy and unresponsive and I am not sure what to do. I don't have this issue with my other devices.

Ive tried resyncing the remote. Ive changed the interkey delay from .1 to .5, trying to see if that will fix it.

I shouldn't have to use the IR blasters should I, assuming both the hub, box and remote are all with line of sight?

Any idea what could be causing this?

Mine is the same way. It's garbage. The screen often doesn't respond to touch, every button push is laggy, I'm ready to toss it at the wall. Battery life is horrible even with contrast on lowest settings and screen saver on, vibration off, etc and it often just sits all day not being used. Others in the house are just frustrated to the point of not even using it. They grab the TV remote, start Netflix and don't bother with the stereo or satellite anymore as they "don't work" since getting "that remote". Worse remote I've had by far. I'm going to take the 890rf out of retirement at this point and sell this junk. I got so much invested into it now though to get it to work with my house and it's hard to just give up. What I don't get is that my phone has no lag.

Last edited by newfmp3; 08-21-2019 at 04:48 AM.
newfmp3 is offline  
post #4069 of 4120 Old 08-20-2019, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,486
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1659 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
Mine is the same way. It's garbage. The screen often doesn't respond to touch, every button push is laggy, I'm ready to toss it at the wall. Battery life is horrible even with contrast on lowest settings and screen saver on, vibration off, etc and it often just sits all day not being used. Others in the house are just frustrated to the point of not even using it. They grab the TV remote, start Netflix and don't bother with the stereo or satellite anymore as they "don't work" since getting "that remote". Worse remote I've had by far. I'm going to take the 890rf out of retirement at this point and sell this junk. I got so much invested into it now though to get it to work with my house and it's hard to just give up.


I’m happy to say that I don’t have any of those problem, none... Best remote I’ve owned.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mjwagner and MOberhardt like this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is online now  
post #4070 of 4120 Old 08-20-2019, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bp787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,779
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
I’m happy to say that I don’t have any of those problem, none... Best remote I’ve owned.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
agreed. most of us here don't experience those issues. perhaps he got a bad one. perhaps it's something else. I've had mine for a few years now and it's outstanding. I do wish I'd get more than a few days out of the battery, but that's a minor quibble. I do feel that sometimes it's the choices made during people's setup that makes things work poorly. I thought the remote had gone bad, for example, when one of my IR blasters got moved slightly. Control of my DVR became slow, unresponsive, etc... sometimes, it's just simple things.
mjwagner and m_snow like this.

Sony xbr65x850c Side Blooming test clips:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...br65x850c.xlsx
bp787 is offline  
post #4071 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 05:49 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Two questions:

Is there a way to do a long-press command in an activity?

An issue I'm running into is how long my JVC projector takes to boot and get to a point where I can change settings. From turning everything on to having control takes about 50 seconds. To account for this, I have to add a delay in my activities that waits 50s before changing the lens and picture modes. Unfortunately, this means that when I switch activities I have to wait 50s for settings to change even if everything is already turned on.

Is there a way around this?

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Onkyo TX-NR585/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X
Logitech Harmony Hub
evanft is offline  
post #4072 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Two questions:

Is there a way to do a long-press command in an activity?

An issue I'm running into is how long my JVC projector takes to boot and get to a point where I can change settings. From turning everything on to having control takes about 50 seconds. To account for this, I have to add a delay in my activities that waits 50s before changing the lens and picture modes. Unfortunately, this means that when I switch activities I have to wait 50s for settings to change even if everything is already turned on.

Is there a way around this?
You can have a long press on any command withing an activity, but why not add a sequence to each activity that uses the projector for the required setting. In that sequence you would add the 50 second delay then one or more command to do what you want. You could also have a second sequence to do the same thing but without the delay. You could put these two on one button, short press without the delay and long press with the delay.
BPlayer is offline  
post #4073 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 06:08 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
You can have a long press on any command withing an activity, but why not add a sequence to each activity that uses the projector for the required setting. In that sequence you would add the 50 second delay then one or more command to do what you want. You could also have a second sequence to do the same thing but without the delay. You could put these two on one button, short press without the delay and long press with the delay.
How do I make it a long press in the activity? I didn't see any real way to do it.

Yeah, I figured I'd probably just have to use the number buttons and use those to switch modes if I'm bouncing around modes on the same source.

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Onkyo TX-NR585/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X
Logitech Harmony Hub
evanft is offline  
post #4074 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,464
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 886 Post(s)
Liked: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
How do I make it a long press in the activity? I didn't see any real way to do it.

Yeah, I figured I'd probably just have to use the number buttons and use those to switch modes if I'm bouncing around modes on the same source.
For any activity you can define any button on the remote to anything you want. and both long and short press can be defined as completely different commands. That said, what I have found is that for many devices that use long press to do different things, in order to get that to work you need to define the same command for both long and short press on the button. As an example, on FireTV devices if you long press the "home" key you get a quick menu. In order to make that happen correctly you need to define both long and short press on whatever key you are using for "home" as the "home" command. Hope that all makes sense. I find that the MyHarmony PC application is much easier to use for things such as this than trying to use the mobile app on a phone or tablet.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4075 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
How do I make it a long press in the activity? I didn't see any real way to do it.

Yeah, I figured I'd probably just have to use the number buttons and use those to switch modes if I'm bouncing around modes on the same source.
From NyHarmony PC app:
- Select Buttons, Assign AV Commands, the selected Activity, and Go

- Select a button (maybe one of the coloured buttons if they are not being used, or one of the two bottom left button)
- Select the Device
- Click on the Sequence tab, and create your sequences
- Assign the sequence to short press or long press
- Save and sync
BPlayer is offline  
post #4076 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 06:35 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
From NyHarmony PC app:
- Select Buttons, Assign AV Commands, the selected Activity, and Go

- Select a button (maybe one of the coloured buttons if they are not being used, or one of the two bottom left button)
- Select the Device
- Click on the Sequence tab, and create your sequences
- Assign the sequence to short press or long press
- Save and sync
Oh, I've already done that. What I want is to have a long press during a power on or power off sequence. THAT I can't seem to find anywhere.

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Onkyo TX-NR585/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X
Logitech Harmony Hub
evanft is offline  
post #4077 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BPlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Oh, I've already done that. What I want is to have a long press during a power on or power off sequence. THAT I can't seem to find anywhere.
Time to regroup and start over. Please details what functionality you are trying to perform rather that how you might go about doing it with the remote. Maybe this needs some "out of the box thinking".
thrillcat likes this.
BPlayer is offline  
post #4078 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,486
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1659 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Oh, I've already done that. What I want is to have a long press during a power on or power off sequence. THAT I can't seem to find anywhere.


IIRC power on/off commands are different. There are things you can ONLY do there and things that are limited because you are working in that area.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is online now  
post #4079 of 4120 Old 08-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
 
David Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanft View Post
Two questions:

Is there a way to do a long-press command in an activity?

An issue I'm running into is how long my JVC projector takes to boot and get to a point where I can change settings. From turning everything on to having control takes about 50 seconds. To account for this, I have to add a delay in my activities that waits 50s before changing the lens and picture modes. Unfortunately, this means that when I switch activities I have to wait 50s for settings to change even if everything is already turned on.

Is there a way around this?
Wouldn't the power on delay setting take care of this?

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...power-on-delay
MOberhardt likes this.
David Ortiz is online now  
post #4080 of 4120 Old 08-22-2019, 06:00 AM
Member
 
evanft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz View Post
Wouldn't the power on delay setting take care of this?

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...power-on-delay
This worked! Thanks!
David Ortiz and MOberhardt like this.

JVC RS-520, Elite Screens 100" AcousticPro UHD electric
Klipsch RP-8000F, RP-450C, 2xRP-240S, 2xRP-402S, 2xSVS PB-1000
Onkyo TX-NR585/HDFury Linker/MiniDSP 2x4 HD
Panasonic UB820/PC/PS3/PS4 Pro/Switch/WiiU/Xbox One X
Logitech Harmony Hub
evanft is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Remote Control Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off