Harmony Elite - Page 137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1274Likes

post #4081 of 4401 Old 08-26-2019, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Before anyone bashes it, like everything there are bound to be some bad units. Otherwise like others, I love it. My now $8,000+ URC(including tech fees) is still sitting here sick of yet another $400 tech fee. Wasted a fortune and using this! That at least, should speak volumes in and of itself! Plus Logitech support is 100% and they rarely care about "90 day's". I have had mine since the day it hit store shelves and the battery is as good as new. In fact the battery lasts me a few day's. So, obviously a bad unit. I hear your dismay but no need to bash it. Logitech in fact will be glad to send you another for free! So how can anyone even complain until they at least try the free replacement unit? Should have done that first before publicly complaining IMO.
tanman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 4401 Old 08-26-2019, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Because bashing is a lot easier than doing anything about it.
TriTon464 likes this.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo
ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED & WifiHifi Magazines
my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre
post #4083 of 4401 Old 08-26-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 344
^^ It is always easier playing the villain than the hero
TriTon464 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4084 of 4401 Old 08-26-2019, 10:19 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Our Harmony Elite has been in it's current configuration for over a year of trouble free command and control.

Starting a few days ago our OPPO UDP-203 stopped responding to commands from three of the four activities that it's involved with. The fact that the OPPO responds to one activity and not to three others plays havoc with my debugging logic. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #4085 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
For a while now, I have been experiencing a 15-20s delay when I either start an activity, switch to a different activity, or turn everything off.

Everything works perfectly fine after this initial delay, but it's somewhat irritating.

Power-cycling the hub doesn't help.

Has anyone else seen the same?

Yamaha RX-A2070 Receiver, Audiolab 8200DQ and Meridian 557 Power Amp for the KEF Refs, Epson TW6700 Projector, Panasonic BDT120 Bluray, BT YouView box, Nvidia Shield TV, Xbox One, Chromecast Audio, KEF Reference 3.2 fronts, KEF R200C Centre, KEF Q100 rears, Kef CI130ER (Atmos), BK Monolith sub.
post #4086 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard-Canning View Post
For a while now, I have been experiencing a 15-20s delay when I either start an activity, switch to a different activity, or turn everything off.

Everything works perfectly fine after this initial delay, but it's somewhat irritating.

Power-cycling the hub doesn't help.

I have not experienced that but their are a few things to check. The first would be the delay settings for your devices. Using the MyHarmony application click on Devices, then for each device select Change Device Settings, then Device delay settings and adjust those settings appropriately. If nothing looks out of sorts there you can also check that their are no unusual delays in the activity startup and shutdown sequences. Click on Activities, then for each activity select Customize this Activity and look at both the startup and shutdown sections to make sure you have no unusual delays included. Other than that, do a hub reboot and a handheld remote reset (Press and hold the Menu button (located above the Channel Up button) and the Off button together for 20 seconds.) and then a re-sync. If none of that resolves the problem then it would be time to contact Harmony support.
MOberhardt and chi_guy50 like this.

Mark
post #4087 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Pip
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

Everything works perfectly fine after this initial delay, but it's somewhat irritating......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I have not experienced that but their are a few things to check. The first would be the delay settings for your devices..... If nothing looks out of sorts there you can also check that their are no unusual delays in the activity startup and shutdown sequences. ...... Other than that, do a hub reboot and a handheld remote reset (Press and hold the Menu button (located above the Channel Up button) and the Off button together for 20 seconds.) and then a re-sync. If none of that resolves the problem then it would be time to contact Harmony support.
I've been having the same problem, for a couple of weeks, but only on shut down when using the Elite. Start up works fine and shut down with the companion remote works immediately. All my delay settings are good in both devices and activities (hence the companion remote working properly). The hub reboot and remote reset are good ideas. Thanks.

Pip
post #4088 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 1548
Harmony Elite

This deal alert came thru earlier this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cricket-RJ likes this.
post #4089 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I've been having the same problem, for a couple of weeks, but only on shut down when using the Elite. Start up works fine and shut down with the companion remote works immediately. All my delay settings are good in both devices and activities (hence the companion remote working properly). The hub reboot and remote reset are good ideas. Thanks.

Pip
If you still have the issue after a reset and re-sync of your handheld you may want to check the device delay settings as shown on your handheld. On your handheld remote click on the gear icon on the screen upper left then Settings, Devices, Delay Settings.

Mark
post #4090 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Harmony Elite and AirTV Mini

The AirTV Mini, brand new Android TV device by the way, uses a Bluetooth remote. I tried to add it as a device to my Elite, but no soap.

When I tried to manually add it using "SlingTV" as the manufacturer, and "AirTV Mini" as the device, it was not in the database. Since the remote is Bluetooth, one cannot use it to program the functions on the Hub.

Has anyone else had any luck? I have posted to the Logitech Community forum, and assume I will simply have to wait for a software solution.

mobilelawyer

Vizio M65-E0, Intel NUC 7i5BNH, HD Homerun Connect Quatro, Onkyo TX-NR575
TiVo Bolt Vox, Roku Ultra, AirTV Mini, Fire TV Stick 4K, Netflix, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, SlingTV
post #4091 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelawyer View Post
The AirTV Mini, brand new Android TV device by the way, uses a Bluetooth remote. I tried to add it as a device to my Elite, but no soap.

When I tried to manually add it using "SlingTV" as the manufacturer, and "AirTV Mini" as the device, it was not in the database. Since the remote is Bluetooth, one cannot use it to program the functions on the Hub.

Has anyone else had any luck? I have posted to the Logitech Community forum, and assume I will simply have to wait for a software solution.
You may want to contact Harmony support. They are usually pretty good at adding things to their database.

Mark
post #4092 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 02:55 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quote:
For a while now, I have been experiencing a 15-20s delay when I either start an activity, switch to a different activity, or turn everything off...... Has anyone else seen the same?
Quote:
....a few things to check. The first would be the delay settings for your devices........
Quote:
I've been having the same problem,.... but only on shut down when using the Elite. ..... All my delay settings are good in both devices and activities ...... good ideas. Thanks.
Quote:
If you still have the issue after a reset and re-sync of your handheld you may want to check the device delay settings as shown on your handheld. On your handheld remote click on the gear icon on the screen upper left then Settings, Devices, Delay Settings.
Thanks mj: As I said, my delay settings were correct, but I did check them again directly on the Elite. My Elite delay settings offer only power on, inter-key, and input. None of these are involved in shut down.

We don't yet know wether Howard has checked these, but it wouldn't surprise me if his are correct also. At least for me, this is a sudden gremlin that seems to have popped up. If his device settings are OK, I'm guessing that at some point in time, your reset and re-sync suggestion will solve this problem. Both my Harmony hubs have occasional weird behaviour that appear and disappear seemingly at random.

Thanks for all these ideas.

Pip
post #4093 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Indeed, I've checked every setting under the sun. I suspect a reset and re-sync may help but I'm hesitant to do that because I don't trust it to go completely haywire and require 2 hours of fiddling to rectify I'll see how I get on with this particular gremlin though and if it fixes itself of its own accord.

Yamaha RX-A2070 Receiver, Audiolab 8200DQ and Meridian 557 Power Amp for the KEF Refs, Epson TW6700 Projector, Panasonic BDT120 Bluray, BT YouView box, Nvidia Shield TV, Xbox One, Chromecast Audio, KEF Reference 3.2 fronts, KEF R200C Centre, KEF Q100 rears, Kef CI130ER (Atmos), BK Monolith sub.
post #4094 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quote:
Indeed, I've checked every setting under the sun. I suspect a reset and re-sync may help but I'm hesitant to do that because I don't trust it to go completely haywire and require 2 hours of fiddling to rectify I'll see how I get on with this particular gremlin though and if it fixes itself of its own accord.
I've done many hub resets without a problem. It's not like a firmware update. It's more like a reboot of your phone, computer, router, AppleTv, etc.

Keep us posted if you solve it. A call to Harmony support never hurts, but the first thing they will have you do is the reset and re-sync.

Pip
post #4095 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 05:38 PM

Okay, now I need a bit of help please. I often have to reseat the remote in the base several times before it starts recharging. What should I check/do? I figured just clean the contacts with alcohol swab(unplugged of course)? This might be the easiest question ever asked here
post #4096 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
Okay, now I need a bit of help please. I often have to reseat the remote in the base several times before it starts recharging. What should I check/do? I figured just clean the contacts with alcohol swab(unplugged of course)? This might be the easiest question ever asked here
Ignore the battery indicator once you put the remote in the charger. The indicator can take a while to update after you remove the remote from the charger. If you, say, leave the remote in the charger overnight, it may look like it didn't charge at all. The indicator will update after using the remote for a bit.
TriTon464 and ipca204 like this.
post #4097 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post

If you’re talking about that lightning bolt icon/charging icon on the screen when you place it in the charger, sometimes I have to jiggle mine to show but it’s still charging if it’s in the base.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TriTon464 likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #4098 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 07:42 PM

Okay, that is good to know. Thank you folks.
post #4099 of 4401 Old 08-27-2019, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Harmony Elite or?

I've been using Harmony's for the last 15 years or so; think it was the 880 & still using the Harmony One (I think it's called). They've been OK. Great for turning on/off multiple devices for HT (my wife couldn't operate HT without it), but I usually go back to the specific device remote for further control other than volume.

Have a new, dedicated HT and need RF control for hidden devices. The Elite sounds good, but amongst the 1350 reviews on Amazon, doesn't sound like too many are pleased with the unit. My local dealer was pushing Control4, but I see I would in fact have no control, having to call the dealer for changes. That's a no go.

What's the recommendation here? Is the Elite or any other Harmony worthy, or should I look elsewhere (I have no idea where, I'd be starting from scratch). Thanks.

Last edited by BIC2; 08-27-2019 at 09:49 PM.
post #4100 of 4401 Old 08-28-2019, 05:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
I've been using Harmony's for the last 15 years or so; think it was the 880 & still using the Harmony One (I think it's called). They've been OK. Great for turning on/off multiple devices for HT (my wife couldn't operate HT without it), but I usually go back to the specific device remote for further control other than volume.

Have a new, dedicated HT and need RF control for hidden devices. The Elite sounds good, but amongst the 1350 reviews on Amazon, doesn't sound like too many are pleased with the unit. My local dealer was pushing Control4, but I see I would in fact have no control, having to call the dealer for changes. That's a no go.

What's the recommendation here? Is the Elite or any other Harmony worthy, or should I look elsewhere (I have no idea where, I'd be starting from scratch). Thanks.
You are already familiar with the Harmony products and the Elite is a good step up from the One. Unless you have some really non standard equipment in your dedicated HT then the Elite is the way to go as it the price is reasonable and the support is outstanding (both from the manufacturer and on this forum).
post #4101 of 4401 Old 08-28-2019, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post

I have been using Logitech/Harmony remotes of various types for many years. IMO the Elite is by far the best Logitech/Harmony has ever made. I have 2 of them, one in my home theater and one in my family room. I have lots of devices in booth places. I never have to use the oem remotes. In fact all of my oem remotes are in a drawer with the batteries removed. Is the Elite perfect, no, no universal remote that I have found is. It definitely has its quirks. The initial setup is the most difficult part but once configured correctly it is fairly bullet proof. I have pretty complex setups with lots of equipment. My wife and guests would never be able to operate everything without my Elites. As always, YMMV.
Wesley Hester, Keenan and JGrana like this.

Mark
post #4102 of 4401 Old 08-28-2019, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 110
anyone thinking of buying this remote needs to check out the GREAT FOUND DEALS SECTION OF THIS FORUM ASAP!
MOberhardt likes this.
post #4103 of 4401 Old 08-29-2019, 01:47 PM
Pip
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
anyone thinking of buying this remote needs to check out the GREAT FOUND DEALS SECTION OF THIS FORUM ASAP!
I don’t see a “great deals found” section in this “remote control area” forum.

Pip
post #4104 of 4401 Old 08-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2364
Quote:

Pip
Look at the top of the FORUMS list.
MOberhardt likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.

Last edited by htwaits; 08-29-2019 at 02:02 PM.
post #4105 of 4401 Old 08-29-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Pip
doesn't matter at this point as you are way late to that party..
post #4106 of 4401 Old 08-29-2019, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2278 Post(s)
Liked: 2350
Quote:
doesn't matter at this point as you are way late to that party..

But not yet too late for this one (refurb @ $158 shipped w/90 warranty).

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #4107 of 4401 Old 08-31-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
But not yet too late for this one (refurb @ $158 shipped w/90 warranty).
nice!
post #4108 of 4401 Old 08-31-2019, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2278 Post(s)
Liked: 2350
Quote:
nice!

Indeed. Good customer service, too. They even gave me a $20 discount for the hassle of having to RMA the first unit they sent me. The second one was perfect.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #4109 of 4401 Old 09-07-2019, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question How to add a sequence to Pause and Play Button

I spent a lot of time searching unsuccessfully for an answer to to this question:
I have an Elite and am trying to add a sequence to the pause and play buttons to add light control. I was able to do this on my Harmony One and I have been able to add light control sequences to the Activity start buttons and the power off button.

I am using the Universal Light Control device and have it added to my Activities.

I am also looking for a way to upload a program for a backup instead of just being able to download one via a sync.

Thanks,
Tim
post #4110 of 4401 Old 09-07-2019, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A search did not get me far on this question.

My receiver is an Integra DTR 70.6. I need that horsepower to drive my Martin Logan inwall speakers, which are 4 ohm speakers. When the original built-in system was installed by my AV vendor I began with a RTI remote system. After 10 years the remote has died, and the replacement options are quite costly. I have bypassed the vendor and personally installed a Harmony Elite remote.

This all sits in closed AV closet.

The piece of the puzzle I have yet to tackle is music. I was running an iPod Classic in an Integra dock. The RTI system displayed the iPod menu on the TV screen, and one could scroll through it to make selections.

The iPod Classic has no wifi capabilities, and my thought is to upgrade that to an iPod Touch. Which will require a new dock, but that should not be an issue.

The issue is controlling the iPod. Can the Harmony Elite display the iPod menu?

An alternative of course would be some sort of programming such that the menu appears on the TV, but I would think that's a doubtful proposition.

I am looking for basic suggestions on a path to control the iPod via a Harmony Elite.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page