1173Likes

post #4111 of 4120 Old 09-07-2019, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListeningOne View Post
A search did not get me far on this question.

My receiver is an Integra DTR 70.6. I need that horsepower to drive my Martin Logan inwall speakers, which are 4 ohm speakers. When the original built-in system was installed by my AV vendor I began with a RTI remote system. After 10 years the remote has died, and the replacement options are quite costly. I have bypassed the vendor and personally installed a Harmony Elite remote.

This all sits in closed AV closet.

The piece of the puzzle I have yet to tackle is music. I was running an iPod Classic in an Integra dock. The RTI system displayed the iPod menu on the TV screen, and one could scroll through it to make selections.

The iPod Classic has no wifi capabilities, and my thought is to upgrade that to an iPod Touch. Which will require a new dock, but that should not be an issue.

The issue is controlling the iPod. Can the Harmony Elite display the iPod menu?

An alternative of course would be some sort of programming such that the menu appears on the TV, but I would think that's a doubtful proposition.

I am looking for basic suggestions on a path to control the iPod via a Harmony Elite.

Thanks in advance.
Harmony Elite will not display the ipod menu. I would think your only option would be a small monitor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4120 Old 09-08-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck410 View Post
I spent a lot of time searching unsuccessfully for an answer to to this question:
I have an Elite and am trying to add a sequence to the pause and play buttons to add light control. I was able to do this on my Harmony One and I have been able to add light control sequences to the Activity start buttons and the power off button.

I am using the Universal Light Control device and have it added to my Activities.

I am also looking for a way to upload a program for a backup instead of just being able to download one via a sync.

Thanks,
Tim
Should be possible. Add the Light Control as a device (keep powered on), add it to the activity, customize buttons on the remote, select the activity, add a sequence, and assign it to the button.

Where are you having a problem?
post #4113 of 4120 Old 09-08-2019, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
Should be possible. Add the Light Control as a device (keep powered on), add it to the activity, customize buttons on the remote, select the activity, add a sequence, and assign it to the button.

Where are you having a problem?
That is exactly the process I followed, but it appears that the pause/play button is a toggle for both, not a dedicated button for each.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4114 of 4120 Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck410 View Post
That is exactly the process I followed, but it appears that the pause/play button is a toggle for both, not a dedicated button for each.
The pause button and the play button are individual buttons on the Elite handheld and can individually be assigned any commands you want. That said, lighting control is a different subject and I have no idea whether you can assign lighting controls to those buttons or not as I’ve never tried it.

Mark
post #4115 of 4120 Old 09-10-2019, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 63
When I switch to shield TV the scratch pad drops down but AFAIK it does nothing? What might it be used for with that? thanks
post #4116 of 4120 Old 09-10-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
When I switch to shield TV the scratch pad drops down but AFAIK it does nothing? What might it be used for with that? thanks
Are you talking about the gesture screen on the Elite handheld? If so, you can change the default screen that is displayed when you start or switch to an activity. On the Elite handheld itself click on the gear icon in the upper left of the screen then Settings, Activities, Startup Screen...
TriTon464 likes this.

Mark
post #4117 of 4120 Old 09-10-2019, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Okay, will do. Since gesture screen is non operational with the Shield for anything I see. Number pad would be much better.
post #4118 of 4120 Old 09-10-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1669 Post(s)
Liked: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
Okay, will do. Since gesture screen is non operational with the Shield for anything I see. Number pad would be much better.

Gestures work on the Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TriTon464 likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #4119 of 4120 Old 09-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Using Harmony for LED Lighting Control

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the planning stages for my theater now now, and I'm definitely planning on a Harmony Elite hub as the main theater control, and want to be able to control LED lights as well. Original plan was to use Philips Hue, but for various reasons that is now out and I need to formulate a plan B. Any advice on how to tie this all together would be great. I did a search and saw some discussions of how one can control lighting by a combination of wi-fi or zigbee dimmers, a Smartthings hub, and the Harmony Elite remote. Sounds like you start by hooking lights up to the Smartthings hub and then adding those groups to the Harmony for control. Is that right? Its all a bit confusing to me.

In my case the LED power is wired as low voltage for light strips at the ceiling coffers and normal lighting power for wall sconces. I want to be able to control both from the Harmony, so while the sconces could be put on a smart dimmer, the coffer lights need a different solution. Nothing has been bought for the coffers yet, so I'm searching for light strips that can be controlled directly. So far I've come across LIFX and Fibaro. No sure what the best path is here, looking for advice before I go down the wrong path.

Thanks,
Steve
post #4120 of 4120 Old 09-19-2019, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro28 View Post
My Elite has gone crazy recently and I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on what I can do. The remote started by becoming non-responsive on the touch screen. It would also cycle back and forth between the activities main screen and the devices main screen on its own. I could feel it vibrating between each screen change over and over. I did the following to try to fix things:
1. powered off and on
2. did a factory reset and re-synced
3. pulled the battery out and let it sit for an hour or so then resynced
4. tried the touchscreen test to see if the touchscreen would turn on when it was just sitting on a table (it didn't)
None of these worked.

now when it turns on after syncing it shows a "tips" screen but the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. I can't even click the "x" in the corner of the screen to get to the main activities screen.

Any thoughts on what I should do or am I just screwed with this remote? It is about 3-4 years old.

Mine did this exactly as you describe except it just effected touchscreen the hard buttons still worked. I found a guys website that repairs Logitech reports and he said sometimes leaving battery out for at least 24hrs would fix. I was skeptical but it did work!

https://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/...problem.html#/

LG OLED65B8, Apple TV4K, Samsung BD-C6900, Yamaha HTR4065, Klipsch Forte II's, KG 1.5's, Academy Ctr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page