1208Likes

post #4111 of 4239 Old 09-07-2019, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListeningOne View Post
A search did not get me far on this question.

My receiver is an Integra DTR 70.6. I need that horsepower to drive my Martin Logan inwall speakers, which are 4 ohm speakers. When the original built-in system was installed by my AV vendor I began with a RTI remote system. After 10 years the remote has died, and the replacement options are quite costly. I have bypassed the vendor and personally installed a Harmony Elite remote.

This all sits in closed AV closet.

The piece of the puzzle I have yet to tackle is music. I was running an iPod Classic in an Integra dock. The RTI system displayed the iPod menu on the TV screen, and one could scroll through it to make selections.

The iPod Classic has no wifi capabilities, and my thought is to upgrade that to an iPod Touch. Which will require a new dock, but that should not be an issue.

The issue is controlling the iPod. Can the Harmony Elite display the iPod menu?

An alternative of course would be some sort of programming such that the menu appears on the TV, but I would think that's a doubtful proposition.

I am looking for basic suggestions on a path to control the iPod via a Harmony Elite.

Thanks in advance.
Harmony Elite will not display the ipod menu. I would think your only option would be a small monitor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4239 Old 09-08-2019, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck410 View Post
I spent a lot of time searching unsuccessfully for an answer to to this question:
I have an Elite and am trying to add a sequence to the pause and play buttons to add light control. I was able to do this on my Harmony One and I have been able to add light control sequences to the Activity start buttons and the power off button.

I am using the Universal Light Control device and have it added to my Activities.

I am also looking for a way to upload a program for a backup instead of just being able to download one via a sync.

Thanks,
Tim
Should be possible. Add the Light Control as a device (keep powered on), add it to the activity, customize buttons on the remote, select the activity, add a sequence, and assign it to the button.

Where are you having a problem?
post #4113 of 4239 Old 09-08-2019, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer View Post
Should be possible. Add the Light Control as a device (keep powered on), add it to the activity, customize buttons on the remote, select the activity, add a sequence, and assign it to the button.

Where are you having a problem?
That is exactly the process I followed, but it appears that the pause/play button is a toggle for both, not a dedicated button for each.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4114 of 4239 Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 926 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck410 View Post
That is exactly the process I followed, but it appears that the pause/play button is a toggle for both, not a dedicated button for each.
The pause button and the play button are individual buttons on the Elite handheld and can individually be assigned any commands you want. That said, lighting control is a different subject and I have no idea whether you can assign lighting controls to those buttons or not as I’ve never tried it.

Mark
post #4115 of 4239 Old 09-10-2019, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 68
When I switch to shield TV the scratch pad drops down but AFAIK it does nothing? What might it be used for with that? thanks
post #4116 of 4239 Old 09-10-2019, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
When I switch to shield TV the scratch pad drops down but AFAIK it does nothing? What might it be used for with that? thanks
Are you talking about the gesture screen on the Elite handheld? If so, you can change the default screen that is displayed when you start or switch to an activity. On the Elite handheld itself click on the gear icon in the upper left of the screen then Settings, Activities, Startup Screen...
TriTon464 likes this.

Mark
post #4117 of 4239 Old 09-10-2019, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Okay, will do. Since gesture screen is non operational with the Shield for anything I see. Number pad would be much better.
post #4118 of 4239 Old 09-10-2019, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1723 Post(s)
Liked: 1013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
Okay, will do. Since gesture screen is non operational with the Shield for anything I see. Number pad would be much better.

Gestures work on the Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TriTon464 likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #4119 of 4239 Old 09-11-2019, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Using Harmony for LED Lighting Control

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the planning stages for my theater now now, and I'm definitely planning on a Harmony Elite hub as the main theater control, and want to be able to control LED lights as well. Original plan was to use Philips Hue, but for various reasons that is now out and I need to formulate a plan B. Any advice on how to tie this all together would be great. I did a search and saw some discussions of how one can control lighting by a combination of wi-fi or zigbee dimmers, a Smartthings hub, and the Harmony Elite remote. Sounds like you start by hooking lights up to the Smartthings hub and then adding those groups to the Harmony for control. Is that right? Its all a bit confusing to me.

In my case the LED power is wired as low voltage for light strips at the ceiling coffers and normal lighting power for wall sconces. I want to be able to control both from the Harmony, so while the sconces could be put on a smart dimmer, the coffer lights need a different solution. Nothing has been bought for the coffers yet, so I'm searching for light strips that can be controlled directly. So far I've come across LIFX and Fibaro. No sure what the best path is here, looking for advice before I go down the wrong path.

Thanks,
Steve
post #4120 of 4239 Old 09-19-2019, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro28 View Post
My Elite has gone crazy recently and I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on what I can do. The remote started by becoming non-responsive on the touch screen. It would also cycle back and forth between the activities main screen and the devices main screen on its own. I could feel it vibrating between each screen change over and over. I did the following to try to fix things:
1. powered off and on
2. did a factory reset and re-synced
3. pulled the battery out and let it sit for an hour or so then resynced
4. tried the touchscreen test to see if the touchscreen would turn on when it was just sitting on a table (it didn't)
None of these worked.

now when it turns on after syncing it shows a "tips" screen but the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. I can't even click the "x" in the corner of the screen to get to the main activities screen.

Any thoughts on what I should do or am I just screwed with this remote? It is about 3-4 years old.

Mine did this exactly as you describe except it just effected touchscreen the hard buttons still worked. I found a guys website that repairs Logitech reports and he said sometimes leaving battery out for at least 24hrs would fix. I was skeptical but it did work!

https://www.harmonyremoterepair.com/...problem.html#/

LG OLED65B8, Apple TV4K, Samsung BD-C6900, Yamaha HTR4065, Klipsch Forte II's, KG 1.5's, Academy Ctr
post #4121 of 4239 Old 09-23-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I've started to use the Harmony app on a tablet instead of the remote as some things don't work as expected or slow, etc.

I 1st used an android tablet & found that the command response is a bit quicker & positive; thinking that it was because of the 5khz I did the same with a resurrected nexus 7 at 2.4khz with the same results.

The tablet now being used is an ipad 6th gen as it is useless otherwise because of the required app stupid censorship (no "food wars"!) for some mangas.

Curious if the tablet app responsiveness is due to my imagination or others have encountered the same?
post #4122 of 4239 Old 09-23-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3848 Post(s)
Liked: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrus View Post
Curious if the tablet app responsiveness is due to my imagination or others have encountered the same?
No differences at all here, responsiveness is the same either way. It's possible you have an issue there with interference on the BT and 2.4 frequencies.
the only difference is that the remote talks to the hub directly on BT, where the app is using your local network.
post #4123 of 4239 Old 09-23-2019, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrus View Post
I've started to use the Harmony app on a tablet instead of the remote as some things don't work as expected or slow, etc.

I 1st used an android tablet & found that the command response is a bit quicker & positive; thinking that it was because of the 5khz I did the same with a resurrected nexus 7 at 2.4khz with the same results.

The tablet now being used is an ipad 6th gen as it is useless otherwise because of the required app stupid censorship (no "food wars"!) for some mangas.

I don't experience any discernible difference. I don't experience any lag with the Elite handheld. I know others have reported that they do so my suspicion is that it is setup and/or device(s) (the device(s) being controlled) dependent.

Mark
post #4124 of 4239 Old 09-23-2019, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Thanks for the replies. Looks like most of my problems are due to the touchscreen which has "always" been a problem with registering the touch; same problem with touchpads. Perhaps the touchscreens on the tablets are registering my touches more easier than the remote's touchscreen.

I also have a frequent problem with 'sliding' to move the screen horiz to another view; "hard" to do as must do it multiple of times. Cleaning doesn't help. Then I forget to pick up the remote with my fingers at the lower end so that a 'favorite' icon isn't zapped to another channel when watching tv.

Note that last time I did the driver's license test at DMV, the tests were on a computer touchscreen; had to do multiple touches with several questions for the selection to register.
post #4125 of 4239 Old 09-23-2019, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Has anyone else encountered this problem?
I just purchased a Sony 900f TV and switched out the old tv with the Sony using
the software on my laptop.
The problem I am having is it doesn’t always turn off the TV. I did add the blaster that came with the Elite and doesn’t seem to help. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SONY XBR-65X900F - Sony UDP X800- PSA 210T L/R -PHANTOM CENTER -ENERGY RC-10 SURROUNDS -PSA S3000i - MARANTZ SR6013 - APPLE TV -DIRECTV HR44 -HARMONY ELITE

BASEMENT SETUP- SAMSUNG UN466500- ENERGY RC50'S L/R-ENERGY RC LCR- DENON-AVR-3311CI- PS3 -APPLETV- MINI GENIE
post #4126 of 4239 Old 09-23-2019, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Harmony with raspberry pi

Has anyone been able to add a raspberry pi as a device with a harmony remote?

I want to be able to press buttons on the harmony, then have the raspberry pi send android ADB commands to different devices based on which button I press? from this I expect to primarily open different android apps on TV's.
post #4127 of 4239 Old 09-24-2019, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3072 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
I've controlled raspberry pi with a universal remote and an Ortek IR dongle. No reason you couldn't do the same with Harmony and an FLIRC and associated software. Then script the ADB stuff from there.
post #4128 of 4239 Old 09-24-2019, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 3827 Post(s)
Liked: 4702
After upgrading my two ATV 4K to tvOS13 the Harmony Elite is not waking them up from sleep with the Power ON command. I had to add a steep on every activity and include the Home command after all devices are powered ON. I'm going to report this issue to Logitech.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #4129 of 4239 Old 09-24-2019, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
After upgrading my two ATV 4K to tvOS13 the Harmony Elite is not waking them up from sleep with the Power ON command. I had to add a steep on every activity and include the Home command after all devices are powered ON. I'm going to report this issue to Logitech.

I use the Harmony Beta profile for the ATV4K (Bluetooth) and it wakes up as normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MOberhardt likes this.

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 32GB 5th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Logitech Harmony Elite
post #4130 of 4239 Old 09-24-2019, 08:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
I use the Harmony Beta profile for the ATV4K (Bluetooth) and it wakes up as normal.

Yes, that one is great and should be the default - and it powers it off as well, unlike the standard IR one
post #4131 of 4239 Old 09-24-2019, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 3827 Post(s)
Liked: 4702
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOberhardt View Post
Yes, that one is great and should be the default - and it powers it off as well, unlike the standard IR one
Thanks for the tip. I was using before the Harmony Beta to control ATV 4K then changed it back to IR but the Harmony Pro with BT Apple TV 4K works much better. Now my ATV 4K goes to sleep after turning off the activity.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #4132 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I see their are now 2 profiles for the ATV, Harmony Beta and Harmony Pro. Does anyone know what the differences are, if any, between the two. Is it worth the time and effort to switch to the pro if you already have the beta configured?

Mark
post #4133 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Harmony Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
I see their are now 2 profiles for the ATV, Harmony Beta and Harmony Pro. Does anyone know what the differences are, if any, between the two. Is it worth the time and effort to switch to the pro if you already have the beta configured?

I don’t have the answer to your question but I’m interested in creating a new device for the Pro as a test. Do you have a link for the instructions on this?

Edit: found this link. Assume this is what you mean. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...e-tv#appleTVBT

Edit 2: So far, I can’t tell any difference other than the Pro profile is missing the Apple TV “Reboot” command which I assign to a button and use occasionally.
mjwagner likes this.

Mike

Last edited by m_snow; 09-25-2019 at 07:17 AM.
post #4134 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don’t have the answer to your question but I’m interested in creating a new device for the Pro as a test. Do you have a link for the instructions on this?

Edit: found this link. Assume this is what you mean. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...e-tv#appleTVBT
"Control your Apple TV with your Harmony Remote via Bluetooth you can add your Apple TV as a device using manufacturer Harmony Pro and model number BT Apple TV 4. This will allow additional features such as the TV/Home button and sleep mode."

Mark
post #4135 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
"Control your Apple TV with your Harmony Remote via Bluetooth you can add your Apple TV as a device using manufacturer Harmony Pro and model number BT Apple TV 4. This will allow additional features such as the TV/Home button and sleep mode."

Yes and thank you, see Edit 2 in post 4133 above.

mjwagner likes this.

Mike
post #4136 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What is the difference in the Harmony Pro and the Harmony Elite?
post #4137 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echols8 View Post
Here's a good comparison. Short answer is Pro is if you're paying someone to install and program for you. Elite is for DIY. Specs are very similar, but the Pro handles more devices, comes with more IR cables, does multi-zone audio control and has a longer warranty but does NOT have a replaceable battery. Not sure if end user is even allowed to program the Pro. You'll have to confirm that.
https://www.universalremotereviews.c...-elite-review/
post #4138 of 4239 Old 09-25-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echols8 View Post
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-pro
post #4139 of 4239 Old 09-26-2019, 05:18 AM

Since I just purchased a Harmony Pro 2400, should I start a dedicated thread for it, or is it close enough in performance to discuss here?
post #4140 of 4239 Old 09-26-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
Since I just purchased a Harmony Pro 2400, should I start a dedicated thread for it, or is it close enough in performance to discuss here?
Since the Pro has been around for over 3 years and this is the first time it's come up, there are apparently not a whole lot of users out there. I'm no moderator, but since they're virtually identical and quite rare, I see no reason for a dedicated thread. If the thread gets derailed too often with posts about integrators and multi-zone control, then maybe start a new thread then. But I don't see that happening.

I do have a question for you though. Can you program it yourself, or does all programming have to be done by a pro with a special account? I see a few Harmony Pros on ebay and was wondering if they worked like URC, programmable only by integrators.

Last edited by mdavej; 09-26-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page