Harmony Elite - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1157Likes

post #391 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just set up my new Harmony Elite (upgrading from a Harmony One), and I couldn't be more pleased. (Well, I probably could be -- if it mixed cocktails or something like that, but that's neither here nor there.) After reading through this helpful thread, I have two quick questions:

1. Does uploading custom activity icons change the icon on the remote itself, or just in the Harmony iPad/iPhone apps?

2. A few of my device remotes I'm replacing have number pads with something like a +10 button. I know that I can add this button to the relevant Activity or Device screens, but is there a way to add it to the actual number keypad that automatically shows up on the touchscreen, so that I don't have to swipe away from the numbers to tap the +10 button and then swipe back to numbers? If there isn't, it obviously won't be the end of the world, but it make using the remote a bit more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Matty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 3720 Post(s)
Liked: 4503
Quote:
Originally Posted by msilverz View Post
Just set up my new Harmony Elite (upgrading from a Harmony One), and I couldn't be more pleased. (Well, I probably could be -- if it mixed cocktails or something like that, but that's neither here nor there.) After reading through this helpful thread, I have two quick questions:

1. Does uploading custom activity icons change the icon on the remote itself, or just in the Harmony iPad/iPhone apps?

2. A few of my device remotes I'm replacing have number pads with something like a +10 button. I know that I can add this button to the relevant Activity or Device screens, but is there a way to add it to the actual number keypad that automatically shows up on the touchscreen, so that I don't have to swipe away from the numbers to tap the +10 button and then swipe back to numbers? If there isn't, it obviously won't be the end of the world, but it make using the remote a bit more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Matty
1.- It changes icon in both, the remote and app.

2.- Numeric keypad is not customizable.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Display-less |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #393 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just came from Best Buy, and purchased the Harmony Elite with price match to Amazon AND got the $100 Best Buy gift card. It's a great deal!!

Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone know how long this promo lasts?
post #395 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 397 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5552 Post(s)
Liked: 5381
Or better, when did that start? I didn't get crap when I went and bought mine about this time last month.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #396 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenng View Post
Anyone know how long this promo lasts?
They said "probably through this weekend" but, being an unadvertised promotion, you can never know when they plan to pull the plug on it.

Ron
post #397 of 4080 Old 12-24-2015, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Tobin View Post
They said "probably through this weekend" but, being an unadvertised promotion, you can never know when they plan to pull the plug on it.
Thank you!
post #398 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
1.- It changes icon in both, the remote and app.

2.- Numeric keypad is not customizable.
Thanks!

Matty
post #399 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriTon464 View Post
The guy actually did contact my Relative. I did not know he got it for free. Even though it says an amount on the receipt. They write off employee promo's. That was a big mistake of mine.

For everyone else the match Amazon and $100 gift card still stands he told me. How long I am not sure.
For this price if you want something like this now is the time. It turned out I am pretty impressed with it.

I just had a question. How could I do a system reboot? I don't need to now but it is good to know.
Guy sounded like a major *******.
post #400 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 08:12 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 656
I currently use a Harmony Ultimate, I'd like to transfer it to the Elite. Is there a painless way to move all data from my Ultimate to the Elite? (And reset the Ultimate for resale)?

Thank you.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo
ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED & WifiHifi Magazines
my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre
post #401 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I came home from Christmas dinner and found my elite completely dead, even though it was on the charger. It shows no signs of life whatsoever, other than the backlighting seems to be permanently on.

Need to find the manual so I can figure out how to remove the battery. I got all the little crews out, but the thing doesn't seem to want to come apart, and I don't want to force anything.

My Ultimate home didn't last a year before it died. I was hoping for better from the edit, because I really like it.

Dave

post #402 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I came home from Christmas dinner and found my elite completely dead, even though it was on the charger. It shows no signs of life whatsoever, other than the backlighting seems to be permanently on.

Need to find the manual so I can figure out how to remove the battery. I got all the little crews out, but the thing doesn't seem to want to come apart, and I don't want to force anything.

My Ultimate home didn't last a year before it died. I was hoping for better from the elite, because I really like it. At least i can replace the battery.

Dave

post #403 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo View Post
I currently use a Harmony Ultimate, I'd like to transfer it to the Elite. Is there a painless way to move all data from my Ultimate to the Elite? (And reset the Ultimate for resale)?

Thank you.
Yes, it's easy to transfer. During the Elite setup with the app the program will ask you if you want to "copy setup" from your Ultimate or any other Harmony remote in your account or if you want to start a "new setup". Just say yes to "copy setup", put your My Harmony user name and password and chose the Ultimate from your account and all your settings will transfer to the Elite. Then delete the Ultimate from your My Harmony account and reset the remote.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...o-a-new-remote

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Display-less |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #404 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

My Ultimate home didn't last a year before it died. I was hoping for better from the elite, because I really like it. At least i can replace the battery.
Before take the battery out try connecting the remote to your computer with the USB cable, open the My Harmony app and see if the app recognize the remote. Then you can restore the remote from the app.

post #405 of 4080 Old 12-25-2015, 10:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Before take the battery out try connecting the remote to your computer with the USB cable, open the My Harmony app and see if the app recognize the remote. Then you can restore the remote from the app.
Thanks, Enrico--I'll try that.

Dave

post #406 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, didn't work. The battery is just stone dead, and the computer can't even tell it's hooked up,much less recognize it.

Dave

post #407 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, didn't work. The battery is just stone dead, and the computer can't even tell it's hooked up,much less recognize it.
If you bought it from Best Buy after November 1st then you have until January 15th to return it back for a full refund or exchange it for a new one. Same thing apply to Amazon but with Amazon you have until January 30th.

post #408 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Nope--Amazon Oct 16th. Window closed in November. Have to replace the battery, I guess, or try to call Harmony. Never had much luck with that...

Thank you for your suggestions.

Dave

post #409 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nope--Amazon Oct 16th. Window closed in November. Have to replace the battery, I guess, or try to call Harmony. Never had much luck with that...

Thank you for your suggestions.
Harmony remotes have 1 year warranty. Call Logitech and ask them to send you a new battery. After 6 months of purchased, I had a problem with my Ultimate Home so I called Logitech and they send me a new remote. Logitech CS is top notch.

post #410 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Harmony remotes have 1 year warranty. Call Logitech and ask them to send you a new battery. After 6 months of purchased, I had a problem with my Ultimate Home so I called Logitech and they send me a new remote. Logitech CS is top notch.
Thanks again--I got the battery out, reinstalled it, and now it seems to be charging--we'll see. Otherwise I'll call them.

I should look and see if my Ultimate Home is still under warranty. If they send me a new one I could sell it.

Dave

post #411 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks again--I got the battery out, reinstalled it, and now it seems to be charging--we'll see. Otherwise I'll call them.

I should look and see if my Ultimate Home is still under warranty. If they send me a new one I could sell it.
OK, checked on Amazon and got the Ultimate Home Jan 15, this year, so I'll definitely call them.

Don't want to go back to the Ultimate, because the elite is so much better (Plus, I have components in different locations), but I can sell it.

Plus, it pisses me off that they sold a remote with a battery you can't replace, so them having to replace a bunch of whole remotes might help reinforce the message "Replaceable batteries, please."

Dave

post #412 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dumb question about clock on remote...please help!

Sorry for the dumb question but I can't find anywhere on the remote (or the internet) on my harmony software on how to change the time on the Harmony Elite from showing military to AM/PM. Please help...it's driving my crazy! Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
post #413 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammybocat View Post
Sorry for the dumb question but I can't find anywhere on the remote (or the internet) on my harmony software on how to change the time on the Harmony Elite from showing military to AM/PM. Please help...it's driving my crazy! Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
I think that is adjusted on the remote itself, in the settings.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #414 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Plus, it pisses me off that they sold a remote with a battery you can't replace, so them having to replace a bunch of whole remotes might help reinforce the message "Replaceable batteries, please."
You can replace the battery. It's just not obvious. Instructions here:
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...mote-batteries
post #415 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
You can replace the battery. It's just not obvious. Instructions here:
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/...mote-batteries
Thanks--already figured it out... But I'm talking about the Ultimate Home, which you cannot replace the battery.

Sorry for the confusion--it's the elite I've been having trouble with most recently, and removing and reinstalling the battery seems to have worked for now.

If it dies again, I'll get Harmony to send me a replacement. Meanwhile, I'll get them to replace my Ultimate home, and sell it.

Dave

Last edited by moonhawk; 12-26-2015 at 11:01 PM.
post #416 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Per the cashier at Best Buy, today (12/26) is the last day for the promo with $100 gift card.
post #417 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammybocat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post
I think that is adjusted on the remote itself, in the settings.

I tried that and it only has an option for time zone settings. It's weird there's no place to have it show 12 hour time.
post #418 of 4080 Old 12-26-2015, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mine shows AM/PM and I did nothing to changed it. It's showing the time this way from the first day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2914 copy.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	1143482   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2915 copy.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1143490  

post #419 of 4080 Old 12-27-2015, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Mine shows AM/PM and I did nothing to changed it. It's showing the time this way from the first day.
How did you get the time to display when the remote is locked?
post #420 of 4080 Old 12-27-2015, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurL View Post
How did you get the time to display when the remote is locked?
Like I said, I did nothing. It's showing AM/PM and time on locked screen since day one. I read somewhere that the time format on the remote is set by your computer or by your smartphone at the time of initial setup so if your computer or smartphone is set on military time then the remote will set that format as default.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page