Harmony Elite - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1330Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4381 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbraden32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Questions before I purchase an Elite.

Main rack is around 30 away from my HT room, two rooms away. Which I will have the following:

AVR
AMPs
HTPC
Apple 4k TV
Other Misc Equipment.,

I will have a Blue-ray player and PS4 within the room for easy access to play games/movies.

Whats the best way to setup/wire for this with using the Elite. Will my RF hub in the main rack area, then line of sight for the in room components?

Thanks

tbraden32 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4382 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,844
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3921 Post(s)
Liked: 3196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post
Questions before I purchase an Elite.

Main rack is around 30 away from my HT room, two rooms away. Which I will have the following:

AVR
AMPs
HTPC
Apple 4k TV
Other Misc Equipment.,

I will have a Blue-ray player and PS4 within the room for easy access to play games/movies.

Whats the best way to setup/wire for this with using the Elite. Will my RF hub in the main rack area, then line of sight for the in room components?

Thanks
Elite comes with a IR blaster, and more can be bought for cheap - including extensions. I'd avoid trying to use the remote itself for IR control, just because its less convenient. The hub should be enough for the rack, then run a blaster to control the players.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #4383 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
David Ortiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post
Questions before I purchase an Elite.

Main rack is around 30 away from my HT room, two rooms away. Which I will have the following:

AVR
AMPs
HTPC
Apple 4k TV
Other Misc Equipment.,

I will have a Blue-ray player and PS4 within the room for easy access to play games/movies.

Whats the best way to setup/wire for this with using the Elite. Will my RF hub in the main rack area, then line of sight for the in room components?

Thanks
The Elite remote communicates with the hub and 30 feet is the edge of its range.
David Ortiz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4384 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 04:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post
Questions before I purchase an Elite.

Main rack is around 30 away from my HT room, two rooms away. Which I will have the following:

AVR
AMPs
HTPC
Apple 4k TV
Other Misc Equipment.,

I will have a Blue-ray player and PS4 within the room for easy access to play games/movies.

Whats the best way to setup/wire for this with using the Elite. Will my RF hub in the main rack area, then line of sight for the in room components?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ortiz View Post
The Elite remote communicates with the hub and 30 feet is the edge of its range.
In this circumstance, as the remote uses bluetooth to communicate with the hub IIRC, this may well be problematic across two rooms. In fact, as it has to be in range of the hub all the time, it may kill the use case.

The Harmony App will communicate with the the hub via IP, so this is suitable for having the hub in the rack. That leaves the blu-ray and the PS4. The PS4 is bluetooth, so also problematic. The blu-ray, if it's IP controllable, no problem. If it's IR only, you can set it to use the remote only, but it means you need to remember to point the remote in the right direction when doing any activity that includes the blu-ray, and it can't be controlled via the Harmony App.

Also got the following off the Harmony website for hub based remotes:
  • The Harmony mobile app can only communicate with the hub, so devices assigned to be controlled by "Remote Only" cannot be controlled using the app.
  • The Harmony remote must still remain within range of the hub, regardless of if all devices are configured to be controlled by the remote.
  • The Harmony remote must be pointed directly at any devices assigned to be controlled by the remote. This includes when starting or stopping an Activity.
  • Devices controlled using Bluetooth wireless technology, such as the PlayStation 4 must be controlled using the hub.

Sony XBR-65A9F, Sony UBP-X700, Denon AVR-890 (cooled by AC Infinity AIRCOM T10), Apple TV 4K, HDFury Vertex, B&W 600 series & LM1s in 7.1 config, Harmony Elite
avsngaiouser is offline  
post #4385 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbraden32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Elite comes with a IR blaster, and more can be bought for cheap - including extensions. I'd avoid trying to use the remote itself for IR control, just because its less convenient. The hub should be enough for the rack, then run a blaster to control the players.


Sounds like from comments below, the hub could possibly be to far away, there is a 22’ long room then the rack is located in that rooms end closet.

The HUB is only Bluetooth? Can that be extended in any way.

tbraden32 is offline  
post #4386 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,844
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3921 Post(s)
Liked: 3196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post
Sounds like from comments below, the hub could possibly be to far away, there is a 22’ long room then the rack is located in that rooms end closet.

The HUB is only Bluetooth? Can that be extended in any way.
Then put the hub near where the remote is and place a blaster at the rack. The hub puts out massive amounts of IR and usually covers a whole room.
Your scenario is what the blasters are made for.
tbraden32 likes this.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #4387 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbraden32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Then put the hub near where the remote is and place a blaster at the rack. The hub puts out massive amounts of IR and usually covers a whole room.
Your scenario is what the blasters are made for.


Thanks- sounds like a solution there. Will it run flawlessly with IR and Bluetooth combo?

tbraden32 is offline  
post #4388 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,844
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3921 Post(s)
Liked: 3196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbraden32 View Post
Thanks- sounds like a solution there. Will it run flawlessly with IR and Bluetooth combo?
By default the remote only talks to the hub, and only with BT. The hub sends out IR, and also has 2 jacks for blasters. The hub also controls devices by IP or wifi when called for. But you can also go into settings and change that so the remote sends IR too, or specify which blaster is used for which device, etc, etc. Its about as flexible as it can be.
tbraden32 likes this.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #4389 of 4506 Old 11-14-2019, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbraden32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chillicothe, OH
Posts: 1,270
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
By default the remote only talks to the hub, and only with BT. The hub sends out IR, and also has 2 jacks for blasters. The hub also controls devices by IP or wifi when called for. But you can also go into settings and change that so the remote sends IR too, or specify which blaster is used for which device, etc, etc. Its about as flexible as it can be.


Thanks. Will do some layouts drawings and get started in setting up.


Thanks again.

tbraden32 is offline  
post #4390 of 4506 Old 11-18-2019, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
By default the remote only talks to the hub, and only with BT. The hub sends out IR, and also has 2 jacks for blasters. The hub also controls devices by IP or wifi when called for. But you can also go into settings and change that so the remote sends IR too, or specify which blaster is used for which device, etc, etc. Its about as flexible as it can be.
Technically the remote only talks to the hub via RF, not bluetooth. I only say this to avoid confusion where some people inevitably think that they can then control the hub via another bluetooth device, which is not possible.
ipca204 is offline  
post #4391 of 4506 Old 11-19-2019, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I've been having some issues with my Elite and my Hue scenes for the past few months. I was frustrated enough last night that I reset everything and started reprogramming but am getting the same behavior.

What I have setup is at the start of an activity the lights will set to a certain color level (usually fairly dim). At the end of each activity it turns them on to normal lights and bright for people to leave the room and I have a wall mounted switch to turn them off.

In the past, if I switched from Activity 1 -> Activity 2 the lights would switch to the dim setting for that activity. If I shut the whole system on they would activate the bright setting as I wanted.

Now, I'm finding the sequencing is off, the lights will change to the different dim setting (or in some cases not change) but then the full bright scene kicks in and I have to manually set them back to the watch mode. I've tried to find somewhere to mess with the delays on the home controls but I'm not seeing any options there.

Has anyone experienced this and found possibly found a solution? It would be awesome if you could set home control options that only run when you it the system power button...

Thanks!

Samsung QN82Q90RAFX | Oppo UDP-203 | Anthem MRX-1120 | Polk Speakers: (2)RTiA7, CSiA6, (4)FXiA4, (4)80FX/RT | (2)SVS PB-1000 | XBox One X | PS4 Pro | Switch | Harmony Elite
AwesomeIcey is offline  
post #4392 of 4506 Old 11-19-2019, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
 
BIC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
By default the remote only talks to the hub, and only with BT. The hub sends out IR, and also has 2 jacks for blasters. The hub also controls devices by IP or wifi when called for. But you can also go into settings and change that so the remote sends IR too, or specify which blaster is used for which device, etc, etc. Its about as flexible as it can be.
I can't find the setting on Android app or Elite remote to have the remote send IR signals. While Hub blasts IR to Processor & Blu-ray and remote (presumably) sends bluetooth to Roku, I need remote to send IR to Epson 6050 projector, which is out of range of hub & blaster. Is there a wire extender for the blasters? Thanks.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050, Seymour Center Stage XD 130"w 150"d 16:9, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 BD/SACD, Harmony Elite Remote, 10 Seats
BIC2 is offline  
post #4393 of 4506 Old 11-19-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,844
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3921 Post(s)
Liked: 3196
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
I can't find the setting on Android app or Elite remote to have the remote send IR signals. While Hub blasts IR to Processor & Blu-ray and remote (presumably) sends bluetooth to Roku, I need remote to send IR to Epson 6050 projector, which is out of range of hub & blaster. Is there a wire extender for the blasters? Thanks.
I can't speak to the Harmony app.
MyHarmony desktop software: home screen - settings - more - remote and hub assigments. But possibly you just need a longer blaster extension? I think you can also get blasters with extra long cords.
BIC2 likes this.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #4394 of 4506 Old 11-19-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
Liked: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC2 View Post
I can't find the setting on Android app or Elite remote to have the remote send IR signals. While Hub blasts IR to Processor & Blu-ray and remote (presumably) sends bluetooth to Roku, I need remote to send IR to Epson 6050 projector, which is out of range of hub & blaster. Is there a wire extender for the blasters? Thanks.
On the remote itself you can change the assignments. Click on the gear icon in the upper left of the screen then Settings, Devices, Hub Assignments. And yes you can get extensions for the blasters. 2.5 mm mono with male to female connectors. Amazon carries them. The blasters only have to be pointed towards the IR receiver on the projector to work. I have mine on the other side of the room from my projector and it works fine. You can also get it to work by bouncing the IR signal off of things like walls and even the screen...
BIC2 likes this.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4395 of 4506 Old 11-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
BIC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I can't speak to the Harmony app.
MyHarmony desktop software: home screen - settings - more - remote and hub assignments. But possibly you just need a longer blaster extension? I think you can also get blasters with extra long cords.
Forgot about the desktop app. Found it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwagner View Post
On the remote itself you can change the assignments. Click on the gear icon in the upper left of the screen then Settings, Devices, Hub Assignments. And yes you can get extensions for the blasters. 2.5 mm mono with male to female connectors. Amazon carries them. The blasters only have to be pointed towards the IR receiver on the projector to work. I have mine on the other side of the room from my projector and it works fine. You can also get it to work by bouncing the IR signal off of things like walls and even the screen...
Guess this explains why projector only turned on/off inconsistently when I pointed remote at it. Remote wasn't doing anything and PJ must be getting weak, intermittent signals from hub/blaster, which are not pointed at projector. Thanks.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050, Seymour Center Stage XD 130"w 150"d 16:9, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 BD/SACD, Harmony Elite Remote, 10 Seats
BIC2 is offline  
post #4396 of 4506 Old 11-20-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wesley Hester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Selma, Alabama, USA
Posts: 2,440
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Anyone having issues with the 2nd gen Fire TV Cube OK/Select button not working 100% of the time, especially but not limited to Amazon apps?

I can navigate and select apps just fine but when I open the Amazon Photos app, for example, the app opens but I cannot select individual pictures. The stock remote works fine. Other times/apps pressing the OK/Select button on the Harmony remote doesn't bring up the on-screen keyboard but the stock remote does.

I've tried un-/re-pairing the Harmony remote via Bluetooth to the Cube without luck. I've also changes the device in the Harmony remote from Fire Stick to Fire Cube.


Also, is anyone having issues with the Apple 4K TV after the last one or two tvOS updates in which the Harmony remote no longer "powers on/off" the box?

When I select my Apple 4K TV activity, I have to press Home or some other button on the Harmony to 'wake up' the Apple 4K TV. Switching to another activity no longer puts the Apple 4K TV to sleep. I either select to put it to sleep or set the sleep timer to 30 minutes or so now.

Display: Optoma UHD51A Projector > Elite Screens R135WH1 ezFrame | 7.2.4 Audio: Onkyo TX-RZ920 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver, M-5010 2ch Amplifier; Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 1000(x10), SuperCube I & 4000 | Sources: PC, DirecTV, Apple 4K, Fire Stick 4K, Oppo UDP-203, Chromecast & Roku Ultras, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro & Nintendo Switch | Remote: Harmony Elite | HDMI: 40' Monoprice DynamicView+4x1 Switch

Last edited by Wesley Hester; 11-20-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Spelling error.
Wesley Hester is offline  
post #4397 of 4506 Old 11-21-2019, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
teiresias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I went ahead and replaced my old Harmony One with the Elite and it's working really well. After I had rearranged my components the One was having issues with either the TV or the receiver missing IR commands coming from the remote depending on how I had it pointed. It was very finicky basically.

Oddly enough, even though the Elite Hub is only in direct line of sight of the TV IR receiver and is even hidden by the center speaker from the receiver I don't have any issues with either one of them missing IR codes from the Hub. The Hubs IR must bounce off my walls better than the One's IR did (or else my One's IR emitter was on its way out).

I ponied up for the Elite because I really wanted the touch screen since I have 5+ activities to control with it. Only downside is the smaller amount of physical buttons on the Elite remote compared to the One, but it's not been too terrible. I also love not having to connect the remote to the computer to sync it, though I couldn't get the mobile app to work to save my life, it wouldn't properly log into my account for some reason. No big deal since I don't really have a use case for it.
teiresias is offline  
post #4398 of 4506 Old 11-21-2019, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,915
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1913 Post(s)
Liked: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
I went ahead and replaced my old Harmony One with the Elite and it's working really well. After I had rearranged my components the One was having issues with either the TV or the receiver missing IR commands coming from the remote depending on how I had it pointed. It was very finicky basically.



Oddly enough, even though the Elite Hub is only in direct line of sight of the TV IR receiver and is even hidden by the center speaker from the receiver I don't have any issues with either one of them missing IR codes from the Hub. The Hubs IR must bounce off my walls better than the One's IR did (or else my One's IR emitter was on its way out).



I ponied up for the Elite because I really wanted the touch screen since I have 5+ activities to control with it. Only downside is the smaller amount of physical buttons on the Elite remote compared to the One, but it's not been too terrible. I also love not having to connect the remote to the computer to sync it, though I couldn't get the mobile app to work to save my life, it wouldn't properly log into my account for some reason. No big deal since I don't really have a use case for it.


You should figure out the issue to get the mobile app working. Not necessarily to control your devices but for quick configuration tasks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike
Sony XBR-65X930E | ATV4K-64GB & 2-32GB 5th Gens | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2017 | Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Logitech Harmony Elite
m_snow is online now  
post #4399 of 4506 Old 11-22-2019, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mjwagner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kutztown, PA
Posts: 1,690
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
Liked: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_snow View Post
You should figure out the issue to get the mobile app working. Not necessarily to control your devices but for quick configuration tasks.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I use the mobile app for text input pretty regularly.
m_snow likes this.

Mark
mjwagner is offline  
post #4400 of 4506 Old 11-22-2019, 11:17 AM
Member
 
WrathWielder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Hester View Post

Also, is anyone having issues with the Apple 4K TV after the last one or two tvOS updates in which the Harmony remote no longer "powers on/off" the box?

When I select my Apple 4K TV activity, I have to press Home or some other button on the Harmony to 'wake up' the Apple 4K TV. Switching to another activity no longer puts the Apple 4K TV to sleep. I either select to put it to sleep or set the sleep timer to 30 minutes or so now.
Regarding the AppleTV goofiness - I have also experienced annoying issues with my 3rd gen (non 4K)...
In the past when I switched from the AppleTV activity to another, it would go to sleep - now I watch as whatever the Elite is sending makes the AppleTV icons do their jiggle-dance as if I want to rearrange or delete them...and after a few secs my source changes so I assume the AppleTV eventually times out of jiggle mode and then just sits there with the light still on...

Any ideas on what can be done? Maybe there’s a new IR profile for the recent OS changes?

-Greg
WrathWielder is offline  
post #4401 of 4506 Old 11-22-2019, 11:28 AM
Member
 
WrathWielder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey all!
Does anyone else have the problem where their elite’s screen seems to not allow you to trigger an activity unless you hit it multiple times?
I’ll press on an activity icon, and the remote buzzes in my hand but it doesn’t execute the commands. I’ll have to hit it to three or four more times and eventually it will actually execute the activity.
Sometimes if I scroll the screen up and down and then hit it it will cause it to work, but otherwise the only thing that helps this is to reset/reboot everything per some instructions support gave me. This works for a while, but the issue always returns 😞
It’s not a certain area of the screen either, as it happens in all different areas for all different activities.
Not sure if I should try and get my remote swapped out or if it’s a software issue...?
I’ve had it for a year and this has been an intermittent issue all along.

I also tried changing settings on the remote such as screen-lock and length of press, etc. but nothing has helped - makes sense since the stupid thing buzzes with every tap to indicate it knows I pressed it, it just doesn’t run the activity!

Thanks much for any insight! 🙂

-Greg
WrathWielder is offline  
post #4402 of 4506 Old 11-22-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,844
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3921 Post(s)
Liked: 3196
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathWielder View Post
Hey all!
Does anyone else have the problem where their elite’s screen seems to not allow you to trigger an activity unless you hit it multiple times?
Reboot the remote, (hold down the power off button), then re-synch.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #4403 of 4506 Old 11-23-2019, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fmalczewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,373
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathWielder View Post
Hey all!
Does anyone else have the problem...
-Greg
Me too. I'm used to it (and mostly I just use the activity menu anyway so...). Seems to work a little better when you press on the left hand side, and release quickly after the buzz.
fmalczewski is offline  
post #4404 of 4506 Old 11-23-2019, 11:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Reboot the remote, (hold down the power off button), then re-synch.
Happened twice in 6 months...

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Sent while surfing
Cricket-RJ is online now  
post #4405 of 4506 Old 11-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Pip
Advanced Member
 
Pip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 907
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathWielder View Post
Hey all!
Does anyone else have the problem where their elite’s screen seems to not allow you to trigger an activity unless you hit it multiple times? ...

-Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Me too. I'm used to it (and mostly I just use the activity menu anyway so...). Seems to work a little better when you press on the left hand side, and release quickly after the buzz.
This has been happening to me more and more. I haven't found a fix.

Pip
Pip is offline  
post #4406 of 4506 Old 11-24-2019, 10:53 AM
Member
 
Bobkbusch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I've been unsuccessful finding an answer with "search."

Is there a way to copy a "sequence" from one "activity" to another?

I currently have 6 activities and I want to use the same sequences in each activity. Specifically, I want to be able to change to different projector memories based on what I'm viewing in a particular activity. I have programmed 8 different sequences (for 8 different projector memories) in my Apple TV activity to do this and mapped them to the red, green, yellow, and blue buttons for short/long presses.

This works great, but each sequence has up to 9 steps. If I switch from one activity, e.g. Apple TV, to another, e.g. Shield TV, I see no way to copy those 8 sequences to the same buttons in the Shield TV activity. To re-enter the same 8 sequences for each of my 6 activities will take a long time. If there is a way to copy a sequence from one activity to another, I haven't found it.

Bob

Last edited by Bobkbusch; 11-24-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Bobkbusch is online now  
post #4407 of 4506 Old 11-24-2019, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lujan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 9,213
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4783 Post(s)
Liked: 2812
I have also wanted this in the past but haven't found a solution so I just manually did the sequences for each activity. I'm thinking maybe if you call Harmony support, they may be able to do it?
MOberhardt likes this.

lujan
584 Ultra HD
720 HD
4 SD
lujan is offline  
post #4408 of 4506 Old 11-25-2019, 09:16 AM
Member
 
WrathWielder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I have also wanted this in the past but haven't found a solution so I just manually did the sequences for each activity. I'm thinking maybe if you call Harmony support, they may be able to do it?
I've been wanting this functionality for a long time as well, along with the ability to copy an Activity!.
I have switched equipment numerous times and have wanted to simply change just ONE device in the activity, but preserve the original in case I switch back my devices later (Dish to DirecTV to X1, etc.)
No way to do this so I need to create a brand new activity (and sequences) from scratch each time...

If they had any intention to add this functionality it would probably have been done by now so I guess we're out of luck

-Greg
MOberhardt likes this.
WrathWielder is offline  
post #4409 of 4506 Old 11-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Member
 
WrathWielder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
This has been happening to me more and more. I haven't found a fix.

Pip
Yeah - it's really annoying! Tech support's ONLY solution each time I report this is to reset the remote (hold down the power button for a bit) and then re-sync...
Yeah this works, but come on! This is definitely an issue they are aware of and should be addressed...this never happened with my One

-Greg
WrathWielder is offline  
post #4410 of 4506 Old 11-26-2019, 10:53 PM
Member
 
focker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ordered a Elite today on the Black Friday sale to replace my trusty and hard working Harmony One. I have no complaints with the Harmony One and it still works well, just getting a little long in the tooth and the screen has some pixels that are doing funky things. My only advice to other owners to keep a battery change schedule every few years before it swells to big.

Will it be fairly easy to use the software to copy the Harmony One over to the Elite? Any tips? Any swelling or other battery issues with the Elite?

Scott
focker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Remote Control Area

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off