Forum Jump: 
 1655Likes

post #5371 of 5390 Old 05-22-2020, 04:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Anyone have any luck in pairing the Elite with the new TiVo Stream 4K?

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500, Denon AVR-S910.
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD, Denon AVR-X2400H, Palliser Flicks lOlOOlOl Dax material.
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5390 Old 05-22-2020, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3281 Post(s)
Liked: 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsskid View Post
Anyone have any luck in pairing the Elite with the new TiVo Stream 4K?
I've seen several reports that Nvidia Shield device also works for the Stream.
post #5373 of 5390 Old 05-22-2020, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
I've seen several reports that Nvidia Shield device also works for the Stream.
Does that mean it pairs via bluetooth? I personally see no reason for the stream to exist, but i guess it will be helpful to some people consolidating there viewing options. I mean, tivo gives us their first streaming stick and it DOESN'T work with your tivo devices? sheesh..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5374 of 5390 Old 05-22-2020, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3281 Post(s)
Liked: 1502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
Does that mean it pairs via bluetooth? I personally see no reason for the stream to exist, but i guess it will be helpful to some people consolidating there viewing options. I mean, tivo gives us their first streaming stick and it DOESN'T work with your tivo devices? sheesh..
Yes, it pairs via BT.
https://www.tivocommunity.com/commun...the-4k.577471/

I'm also quite disappointed by the lack of Tivo DVR integration. As it stands right now, it's just another subpar Android TV dongle.
Keenan likes this.
post #5375 of 5390 Old 05-22-2020, 07:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
Yes, it pairs via BT.
https://www.tivocommunity.com/commun...the-4k.577471/

I'm also quite disappointed by the lack of Tivo DVR integration. As it stands right now, it's just another subpar Android TV dongle.
most of the joe six pack people over on the ridiculously overhyped (and obviously paid for) slick deals thread think this thing is the greatest device since sliced bread! i just shake my head...
and apparently they are charging some people $13+ dollars to return it if they don't like it! THAT will go over well..
post #5376 of 5390 Old 05-23-2020, 04:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipca204 View Post
most of the joe six pack people over on the ridiculously overhyped (and obviously paid for) slick deals thread think this thing is the greatest device since sliced bread! i just shake my head...
and apparently they are charging some people $13+ dollars to return it if they don't like it! THAT will go over well..
Not to deviate from this thread,.... Aside from the cost to return, it’s not a bad streamer for $50 (for now, not worth $70). Kind of like a lower powered Nvidia Shield TV. I have the Shield, Fire TV, and Roku, and the format better than the Fire TV and Roku. But to each his own.

Here’s hoping that Harmony does an update and includes it.

Ps, thanks for the temporary Shield workaround for the TIVO, but I’ll wait for full functionality.

ISF Calibrator
Samsung PN64F8500, Denon AVR-S910.
Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD, Denon AVR-X2400H, Palliser Flicks lOlOOlOl Dax material.
Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #5377 of 5390 Old 05-26-2020, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Smart Plugs

Hi Folks,

I just ordered a Harmony Elite + Hub and have started working my way through this thread. I have a 3 D-sonic mono block and 2 D-sonic multi-channel amps. Is there a recommended smart plug to use for sequenced power up?

Mike
post #5378 of 5390 Old 05-26-2020, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4061 Post(s)
Liked: 3381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
Hi Folks,

I just ordered a Harmony Elite + Hub and have started working my way through this thread. I have a 3 D-sonic mono block and 2 D-sonic multi-channel amps. Is there a recommended smart plug to use for sequenced power up?

Mike
I prefer a less complicated approach using a power strip with "master-slave" function. Plug the AVR/Pre-pro into the master plug and amps into the slave plugs. Just make sure the power strip is rated for enough amps. THESE TrippLite units work pretty well.
mikela likes this.
post #5379 of 5390 Old 05-26-2020, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I prefer a less complicated approach using a power strip with "master-slave" function. Plug the AVR/Pre-pro into the master plug and amps into the slave plugs. Just make sure the power strip is rated for enough amps. THESE TrippLite units work pretty well.
Thanks for the response, however, I don't think that will work for my situation. My theater has a 60A main panel with 8 circuits. I neglected to mention that I have 3 Behringer EP4000 amps on separate 20A circuits powering 12 15" Ficar subwoofers in a single bass array configuration in addition to amps for LCR and surrounds. Even though I am pretty sure I could power up amps simultaneously, I would prefer a slight delay in between during power up. From what I have read so far, it looks like I will need another hub (home automation?) for the smart plugs. Even then, I'm not sure if it can be properly sequenced with my other equipment.

Last edited by mikela; 05-26-2020 at 09:36 PM.
post #5380 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 3430
Quote:
Thanks for the response, however, I don't think that will work for my situation. My theater has a 60A main panel with 8 circuits. I neglected to mention that I have 3 Behringer EP4000 amps on separate 20A circuits powering 12 15" Ficar subwoofers in a single bass array configuration in addition to amps for LCR and surrounds. Even though I am pretty sure I could power up amps simultaneously, I would prefer a slight delay in between during power up. From what I have read so far, it looks like I will need another hub (home automation?) for the smart plugs. Even then, I'm not sure if it can be properly sequenced with my other equipment.

afaik, smart plugs controlled by Hub/Elite require a Harmony Extender, a discontinued product, and devices powered by smart plugs do not appear to have delay or sequencing options that are available to devices directly controlled by Hub/Elite.
mikela likes this.
post #5381 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 21
[QUOTE=bmcn;59714640]
Quote:

You would have to setup a hub like SmartThings, run WebCore on it and setup timer delays to turn the smart plugs on if you wanted it to be run automatically. You can also use SmartTiles by ActionTiles in conjunction with SmartThings and have a virtual desktop to turn them on or just use the apps with your phone to turn them on.
Simpler to setup a piston on WebCore to activate when Harmony sends commands to turn your receiver on.
mikela likes this.
post #5382 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up

[quote=jdbarnes63;59714790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post

You would have to setup a hub like SmartThings, run WebCore on it and setup timer delays to turn the smart plugs on if you wanted it to be run automatically. You can also use SmartTiles by ActionTiles in conjunction with SmartThings and have a virtual desktop to turn them on or just use the apps with your phone to turn them on.
Simpler to setup a piston on WebCore to activate when Harmony sends commands to turn your receiver on.
Thanks!!! Much appreciated. I had already begun looking at SmartThings as an option but this confirms it. Just received my Elite and am super excited about getting this set up. Will take a closer look at WebCore.
post #5383 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 79
[quote=mikela;59715390]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbarnes63 View Post

Thanks!!! Much appreciated. I had already begun looking at SmartThings as an option but this confirms it. Just received my Elite and am super excited about getting this set up. Will take a closer look at WebCore.
I'd take Hubitat over SmartThings. Can be done with the Rule Machine and all processing is local and not dependent on the cloud.
mikela likes this.
post #5384 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2525 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Quote:
Even though I am pretty sure I could power up amps simultaneously, I would prefer a slight delay in between during power up.

Not sure what your concern is, but it takes quite some time at a significant overload to trip a breaker.

Noah
post #5385 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

[quote=Shrike645;59715616]
Quote:

I'd take Hubitat over SmartThings. Can be done with the Rule Machine and all processing is local and not dependent on the cloud.
I agree on the Hubitat, trick is finding one at this time. The Wink debacle has pretty much devastated the supply of Hubitat's. I contacted them to be put on a notification list as soon as they can get more built. WebCore will work with them as well. Hubitat working locally will minimize latency and if your internet drops, remove the loss of local control (speak from experience, home automation sucks when dependent on the internet).
mikela likes this.
post #5386 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

[quote=mikela;59715390]
Quote:

As Shrike645 stated, the Hubitat is a better local system, but until they become available again, SmartThings will get you in the game of home automation. Let you setup what you want now, and on a positive note you can migrate from SmartThings to Hubitat fairly easy and if you have things that will only work over the internet still control and see them if you keep both hubs active.
mikela likes this.
post #5387 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah katz View Post
Not sure what your concern is, but it takes quite some time at a significant overload to trip a breaker.
Not a concern but a preference.
post #5388 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

One thing I can say is that this system is really easy to set up. Now I need to run an extension to get one of the IR emitters down into the theater to turn on the projector. Thanks for all the assistance. I now feel there is a possibility my wife may be able to operate the theater
post #5389 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 79
[quote=jdbarnes63;59715824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike645 View Post
I agree on the Hubitat, trick is finding one at this time. The Wink debacle has pretty much devastated the supply of Hubitat's. I contacted them to be put on a notification list as soon as they can get more built. WebCore will work with them as well. Hubitat working locally will minimize latency and if your internet drops, remove the loss of local control (speak from experience, home automation sucks when dependent on the internet).
I think they said in the forum that they expect to have a supply in about 2 weeks. Worth the wait.

edit from their forum

More hubs are on order, delayed somewhat due to international supply chain disruptions that affect many different elements of manufacturing and distribution. In a few weeks we expect to be able to accept orders again. If you wish to be notified of availability, please send a note to [email protected].
mikela likes this.

Last edited by Shrike645; Yesterday at 05:11 PM. Reason: edit
post #5390 of 5390 Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

[quote=Shrike645;59717436]
Quote:

I think they said in the forum that they expect to have a supply in about 2 weeks. Worth the wait.

edit from their forum

More hubs are on order, delayed somewhat due to international supply chain disruptions that affect many different elements of manufacturing and distribution. In a few weeks we expect to be able to accept orders again. If you wish to be notified of availability, please send a note to [email protected].
I'm in no rush, so I'll hold out for one of these. Thanks for the info! Time to shop for smart plugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Remote Control Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page